I love the navigation keys. However I love the all touch form factor. I really think they should bring back the call button and end call button on to all touch phones. The other thing that would be great is a track pad looking thing in between the call and end call that has a BlackBerry symbol built inside of it and brings finger print functionality to it.
    The track pad could also perform other tasks as it would also double as a button however I'm not exactly sure what kind of tasks it would perform at the moment. The other thing with it is that I don't think it should be sensitive to swiping as this may bring some unwanted functions when trying to swipe up and exit an app.
    What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:40 PM
    Maybe a virtual tool belt, but physical no thank you.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    12-17-14 02:49 PM
    There is no real need for them with OS 10.x.x.x
    silversmith75 likes this.
    12-17-14 02:55 PM
    This should be a no brainer especially Samsung should use the home button for it instead of a gimmicky finger scanner

Call comes in - 1 press accept call 2 things decline call and during the call pets the home button for 2 seconds_end call
    12-17-14 03:11 PM
    Maybe a virtual tool belt, but physical no thank you.
    I agree....a option to have a virtual tool belt for many might be nice but I have no desire for one. Love minimal buttons on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 03:19 PM
    Get yourself a 9860, TS.

Powered by Z10
    12-17-14 03:39 PM
    Good lord; since BB10 has been released one of the go to statements in here has been "we don't need buttons, buttons are a thing of the past." Now people are seriously wanting to go back to them?
    12-17-14 03:59 PM
    I fully prefer BB10 gesture navigation to the button based navigation in Android and iOS for most tasks... BUT, I would still prefer buttons for things like phone calls as it is just that much more efficient (less actions to initiate a call). And for whatever reason, with the recent OS versions, I'm finding the swipe up gesture missing more than it should so in reality a hard end button would still come in handy as well. Throw in a trackpad for that fine text selection control since every OS seems to be frustrating in that regard (BB10, Android, iOS) also.

For me, the only advantage the 'return' key would be that you could use it for Android apps to replace having to show the bottom bar or doing the diagonal gesture for 'back' but I can see why some may find it quicker that swiping left to right.

That just leaves the menu key which I'd probably use least of all but even then I can see why some would use it.

Looking it all over, I would have to say 'yes', having the full toolbar on touchscreen phones would still come in handy. You already need decent bezels for proper balance on touchscreen phones anyways so if they do it right it wouldn't add much to the height of a phone. And they could even build in functionality to disable the buttons if people really don't want to use it to cover both types of users.
    12-17-14 06:20 PM
    God no! I had the 9860 and loved it at the time but the buttons were very uncomfortable to use one handed.

It made no sense for that form factor.
    12-17-14 07:00 PM
    Good lord; since BB10 has been released one of the go to statements in here has been "we don't need buttons, buttons are a thing of the past." Now people are seriously wanting to go back to them?
    I don't understand the movement against buttons. Most phones without buttons have the same amount of bezel, anyway. Buttons help free up the screen real estate.
    12-17-14 07:09 PM
    I bought BlackBerry just because it does not have any buttons.. BlackBerry Z30 is my first BlackBerry phone ever and before phone I bought PlayBook also because it did not have any buttons.. So buttons is a no no for me..
    12-17-14 08:01 PM
    No devs won't allow that

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-17-14 08:04 PM
    No thank you. I am one of those that think the classic was a dumb idea. I don't know why you need to have a physical call and hang up buttons. It makes no sense. You have them on the phone any way. If they wanted the track pad. Make a virtual one. Or heck why not use those nifty capacitive key board thing they have on the passport. To me it was a dumb move but hey if it gets all these die hards to get with the new then what do I know. But for me it was a bug step back. The z line of phones are awesome. No need for track pads and hang up buttons.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:06 PM