Does anybody have any experience with the funambol push email? I came across it by chance and I know it's a bit pointless on blackberrys but has anybody tried it on nokias or other smartphones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 02:52 PM
    I used their contacts sync for a while and had god luck with it on a BlackBerry--never used the email though.
    09-20-09 08:16 PM
    I used the contact and calendar sync and both didn't really work for me.

If I edited a contact or calendar event in either outlook or the blackberry the sync would not update the corresponding contact or event but create another one which future syncs would then duplicate back in the other device.

I have no experience of the email at all but if 'push' email was that desperate to a user with a non push email phone surely you could just set the manual pull to happen often automatically and you'd have as close to push email as you will get on a non push email phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 05:33 AM
    There are a few thousands regular Funambol users that get push email and sync on the blackberry. The easiest way is to try it for free on my.funambol.com (a new version is about to be launched, too --message me to access the preview): if you don't like it you can easily uninstall it

Mark-d: duplicates are not normal. If you still want to use Funambol please get in touch with the help forums to understand why those happened and find a fix. Funambol is an open source project: every contribution counts, including discovering new issues.

HTH
    Stefano Maffulli
    --
    Funambol Community manager
    09-21-09 10:44 AM
    Why may someone need to use Funambol? Don't get it.. Isn't BB email client enough?
    09-24-09 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD