Well I am one of the 2000 employees that RIM said goodbye to in their nicely worded cost optimization project.

I was hired as a top level PlayBook technical support representative. As we all know the PlayBook sales have been dismal and I can understand why RIM has nearly closed down the PlayBook customer support unit.

Its really hard to think of much bad to say about my former employer. The pay was good, the benefits were good, the management team was good, the work environment was also good.

Working for RIM was fun a sub culture of people striving for the same goals.

I will miss it

If anything good came out of my forced departure is I can now post here without concern. So I hope to be able to add to the conversation from time to time.
    01itr and Speczorz like this.
    07-27-11 04:54 AM
    Good luck in the future.

Lets hope they can turn it around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 07:14 AM
    Hi 1of2000 It's really sad to know about your job, but companies have rehired people back once they come out of the crunch. Plus I'd say the experience you've gained working there, the things you have learned. Will be a faithful friend for you till the end, nothing can take that away. I hope soon you will land up with an even better job. Best of luck.
    07-27-11 07:19 AM
    As we all know the PlayBook sales have been dismal and I can understand why RIM has nearly closed down the PlayBook customer support unit.
    That is sad, I love my playbook and its a really good product, not for everyone (specially people without a BlackBerry) but great product indeed. It would be very sad to see the playbook die due to poor sales...
    07-27-11 10:46 AM
    sorry to hear that, good luck with your job search
    07-27-11 10:55 AM
    I am terribly sorry to hear of your job loss. I hope you get something else you like in the future. Good luck!
    07-27-11 11:15 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry my friend, sorry to hear about your job loss. But everything happens for a reason, I'm sure you will find something that makes you even happier
    07-27-11 11:17 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry my friend, sorry to hear about your job loss. But everything happens for a reason, I'm sure you will find something that makes you even happier
    Agreed with 01itr. Everything happens for a reason. You have a great little piece on your resume now. Listing RIM on it is not a bad thing. Keep your head high my friend, you will find something!
    07-27-11 11:18 AM
    I'm sorry about your termination, and wish you the best of luck in the future!
    07-27-11 12:33 PM
    now i have to ask.. did you grab as many of them playbooks and 9900s on your way out as possible lol....
    07-27-11 01:04 PM
    that's terrible, good luck in the future
    07-27-11 01:26 PM
    Sorry to hear about the job, I know how it feels. I got laid off from Nortel.
    I wish you the best of luck in your future career.

07-27-11 01:29 PM
    Very sorry to hear about your situation. On the plus side, with all the updates supposedly coming for the PlayBook, there's always the possibility that sales will turn around and they'll need you back. That kind of thing happens all the time. If not, top-level tech support people are not always easy to find; with that kind of experience, you should.be able to market yourself in any number of tech industries. Glad to have you aboard, and I do wish you the best of luck.

btw ... I'm sending this from my bridged PlayBook. Yes it has some areas that need improvement, but, for the record, overall I'm extremely satisfied with it.

07-27-11 02:30 PM
    Welcome & condolences.

May your next step be better than mine.
    07-27-11 02:49 PM
    I did not think I would receive a single response to my post. You all are absolutely awesome!

I cannot thank you all enough for the kind words and encouragement.

Oh to the poster who asked if I grabbed a few items on my way out believe me it was tempting to do a Kevin style grab and dash Instead they politely asked me to return their PlayBook, beta 9900, and original Torch.

You sure put a smile on my ugly mug today
    07-27-11 04:00 PM
    I'll add one more! Welcome to the Crackberry Nation! Sorry about your job, but I'm sure everyone here will greatly appreciate any insights or assistance you can provide, and will be happy to respond in kind.
    07-27-11 04:42 PM
    Sorry for your loss. But your expertise will help many experiencing issues on here An asset to CrackBerry as a possibly?

07-27-11 07:40 PM
    now i have to ask.. did you grab as many of them playbooks and 9900s on your way out as possible lol....
    Yea...you know a little something something to hold you over till the next gegg(just trying to keep your spirits up). As everyone has stated,once this door has closed another has opened its up to you to find it...but keep this in mind,do not over look a step backwards because one small step back may mean one giant leap forward for 1of2000!!!
    GOD SPEED MY FRIEND

07-28-11 10:50 AM
    Sorry to hear that, I have 5ish friends that are in your position. Good luck with the search, but here is a question, I know that some got new BB pins, did they give you new phones?
    07-28-11 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD