Everyone wants threaded sms, I know I do. Some say it is coming with the release of 5.0 other say its getting incoporated with BBM... Does anyone know for sure what, when, and where this is gonna be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 12:23 AM
    No, but people will gladly provide rumors.
    07-29-09 12:24 AM
    I think threaded SMS is the reason I am still using my iPhone
    07-29-09 12:38 AM
    Ya I have the Tour but my bestfriend has an iPhone and I always like using his texting lol.
    07-29-09 01:52 AM
    Does anyone know for sure what, when, and where this is gonna be?

I doubt RIM even knows the answer to that right now. Everything is just speculation but they will be making a huge mistake if they don't implement it on 5.0. It has gotten to be something people expect in this class of device. If they stay the course of being way behind their competition they will start losing consumers.
    07-29-09 05:29 AM
    I agree. It is not that hard to rewrite the software code for their OS to simply categorize each incoming and outgoing message into a subfolder relative to a contact name. I just wish someone could rewrite it into a hybrid at the least.

07-29-09 06:14 AM
    Ain't that the truth. Threaded text was the one major complaint I've had about the Blackberry. BBM is nice and all, but you only get the benefit when sending messages to other BB users. Makes me almost miss my WinMo Treo.
    07-29-09 06:38 AM
    I know one thing, if threaded SMS isn't out by mid aug when my contract expires, I'm leaving the BB family. This doesn't make ANY SENSE. A device of this caliber doesn't have threaded sms. It's a joke. Almost ALL devices have threaded sms now, and blackberry doesn't?? It's almost unbelievable.
    07-29-09 08:37 AM
    It is almost unbelievable, which makes me think that RIM will get it together soon...................Hopefully
    07-29-09 08:58 AM
    Threaded SMS is nothing, I want my freaking blackberry to VIBRATE AND RING AT THE SAME TIME.

THAT is something a Blackberry SHOULD have. I can't beleive people care more about stupid threaded SMS.
    07-29-09 10:21 AM
    Is threaded sms really such a big deal? I mean you can set the number of previous messages to display in your options and even if it doesn't group them together in the sms display list you can surely follow the conversation that way?

It would be nice if it was implemented as a feature but surely it's not worth leaving BB over when there's already a good work around available?

07-29-09 10:42 AM
    Threaded SMS is nothing, I want my freaking blackberry to VIBRATE AND RING AT THE SAME TIME.

THAT is something a Blackberry SHOULD have. I can't beleive people care more about stupid threaded SMS.
    theres a application for that, search for it and download, i can't remember the name of it. and no offense but thats about as simple as a feature as threaded sms
    07-29-09 11:11 AM
    why do people reply to threads only to complain about what the person is wanting or talking about, if it doesn't apply to you just move on and go to one that does, making people seem petty and dumb for wanting a feature that should come on a expensive device like a blackberry is not so much to ask for seriously. is there any nice people left on crackberry? lol geez. i'm not hating on yall for your opinon but just cuz its not something you want don't make people that want it, which is alot of people, feel stupid

ONElove
    07-29-09 11:12 AM

the leaked 5.0 OS for the storm allegedly does this (hant installed it yet myself)

So there is hope for 5.0 compatable devices to do this WITHOUT having to turn to a 3rd party App.
    07-29-09 11:41 AM
    Is threaded sms really such a big deal? <snip>

It would be nice if it was implemented as a feature but surely it's not worth leaving BB over when there's already a good work around available?
    Some people just find it important to champion the minor details. If they don't have something to rant about, they would have to work or think harder for something to post about. It's not a BB phenomena either, it's internet-wide on pretty much every device/hardware/software forum. Kinda falls into mob mentality. The moment one person speaks up about it, suddenly everybody jumps on the wagon.

I hear where you're comin from though. I could think of many other features I'd sooner see changed (ie... wordwrap in the BB browser's textbox fields).
    07-29-09 12:04 PM
    Is threaded sms really such a big deal? I mean you can set the number of previous messages to display in your options and even if it doesn't group them together in the sms display list you can surely follow the conversation that way?

obviously it is..
    07-29-09 04:23 PM
    why do people reply to threads only to complain about what the person is wanting or talking about, if it doesn't apply to you just move on and go to one that does, making people seem petty and dumb for wanting a feature that should come on a expensive device like a blackberry is not so much to ask for seriously. is there any nice people left on crackberry? lol geez. i'm not hating on yall for your opinon but just cuz its not something you want don't make people that want it, which is alot of people, feel stupid

ONElove
    ITA!! I want my threaded messages back so bad that it's killing me!! It's no doubt that the BB is awesome but it does lack minimal things that most other phones have.
    07-29-09 07:57 PM
    Threaded SMS is available in 5.0 OS i have it on my storms and love it
    09-22-09 01:03 PM
    Everyone wants threaded sms, I know I do. Some say it is coming with the release of 5.0 other say its getting incoporated with BBM... Does anyone know for sure what, when, and where this is gonna be?

I certainly don't want it.
    09-22-09 01:05 PM
    theres a application for that, search for it and download, i can't remember the name of it. and no offense but thats about as simple as a feature as threaded sms
    The app is called bChat and apparently provides threaded SMS. I didn't d/l it yet, as the reviews seem to indicate that you still have to mark the message as read in the regular SMS folder. Adding a step isn't my definition of convenience, but I agree that having threaded SMS is a no-brainer for RIM.
    09-22-09 01:14 PM
    Isn't it already available in the leaked OS5 revisions....
    So shouldn't these threads be dead now...

For example, people talking about threaded sms problems means they already have it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/thr...0-tour-320492/
    Last edited by papped; 09-22-09 at 02:11 PM.
    09-22-09 02:07 PM
    I believe its only on the actual OS of 5.0 (not just bbm5.0). I actually don't mind threaded texting, but I somewhat enjoy it the way it is; since thats what I'm used to.
    09-22-09 02:43 PM
    Is there a way to get the Text message to pop up on the screen rather than just announce that I have a message? IPhone, Palm and every other phone does it....
    09-22-09 03:59 PM

My BB can ring & vibrate at the same time. I just go into Advanced Profiles & change it there.

09-22-09 04:14 PM
    Is there a way to get the Text message to pop up on the screen rather than just announce that I have a message? IPhone, Palm and every other phone does it....
    yes you can with specific themes..like this one
    09-22-09 04:32 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD