For those with a T-Mobile Q10 in the US, we're not officially on 10.2 yet.

I wanted to know if there is a full tutorial, preferably for a mac, on how to install the leak and re-enable the wifi calling features? I know the leak tutorials are out there but haven't found any that put back the wifi calling.

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    01-20-14 08:19 PM
    Wifi calling isn't working with the latest 10.2.1 AFAIK, sorry. I wish it was, but the other advantages of the update outweighs the disadvantages of no wifi calling for me.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    01-20-14 08:20 PM
    ^^

What he said.
    01-20-14 08:22 PM
    Then. Is there any way to do this update on a mac?????

01-20-14 08:30 PM
    Then. Is there any way to do this update on a mac?????

Using boot camp or a windows VM, yes. But if you don't have boot camp, most public libraries have several free to use PCs from the early 90s available to use.
    01-20-14 08:35 PM
    As stated you won't have wifi calling but using a mac you can get 10.2 not 10.2.1 by following the sachesi method.
    You can find it here on CB, just search Sachesi or how to ge 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 05:25 PM
    I'm with T-Mobile and I'm on a Mac and I installed 10.2 (10.2.0.429) on my Q10 and you don't need to use Boot Camp or any sort of virtual Windows machine to do it.
    You only need Boot Camp, if you want to install the updates to 10.2.0.429

Go to this thread: http://crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now
    It tells you exactly how to do it with all of the information.
    Do everything that your told to do (in that thread).
    You'll need to download the firmware extractor "Sachesi" for Mac and the link for that is also in that thread.
    Once you have Sachesi installed the OS install is easy to perform and you have to wait about an hour for it to load and then you'll have 10.2. working on your phone!
    If it hadn't been for this leak, I would have gotten rid of my phone and moved to an iPhone.
    But fortunately the leak was out when I bought the phone and I found out about it right away.
    Now my Q10 functions more like the BlackBerry we all liked and it's a pleasure to use.
    A couple of features added or reinstalled:
    One touch speed dialing is back, but at the moment we have to go to the call screen to execute this legacy feature..
    One touch dialing from the Home Screen is supposed to be back with the 10.2.1 update ( release date is stated as being on 01/28/14).
    There is now a dark screen for the phone and esp. the Calendar, which I personally like.
    You can read about all of the features here:
    http://crackberry.com/whats-new-blackberry-os-102

There are a number of fixes that have been listed, but the most notable fix is:
    The touch sensors are more responsive, esp. for text editing and although still not perfect, moving the cursor and copying text is 100% over OS 10.1 (which was absurdly ridiculous and near impossible to edit with).
    I'm still finding that I have to tap the screen a lot in order to get a link to respond and in the Calculator, the "=" key need to be tapped at the bottom in order to execute a sum.
    Originally I thought that this was a device problem, but after 3 new devices, all with the same problem, I realized that it's an OS issue (I downloaded BVE and confirmed that).
    Hopefully with the 10.2.1 release in a few days, touch sensors will be better calibrated.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 01-22-14 at 10:39 PM.
    01-22-14 09:49 PM