Sorry about the loooong post guys....

So my htc that i was using died on me... and my pops jumped in and offered to let me use his 8320.

It has ridiculously low range in searching for wifi.
    I have a wireless router in my aparment.... no more than 10 ft from where i'm sitting and when i search.... nothing is found.

So i get up and go over right next to the router.... search again.... and i get two bars? wth??? lol

I know its not my router thats at fault.... my housemate has a bold and it picks up the wifi anywhere in the apartment with full bars...

And when i'm right next to the router and i try to connect on the 2 bar connection i see a message: unable to connect failed to associate with the network... i'm at my wits end right now i'm wondering how i can fix this... cuz with wifi in my house i dont see why i should have to go pay for the data plan lol......

Ideas anyone? could it be a hardware prob with the phone itself? or software related?

Help please...
    08-13-10 04:10 PM
    I had a similar problem. I don't have a data plan and I tried to use the internet to get on facebook, but it said I needed a plan.

You actually need a plan to use most of the internet. Searching google, needs a plan but looking up the weather doesn't.
    08-13-10 05:39 PM
    Most likely the w/lan is damaged or faulty, hit up RIM or Sprint see what you can do, at this point I am assuming a new phone is your only option, if you can deal with the slow data on the 8310...
    08-13-10 11:35 PM
    i sure hope not cant really afford to get a new fone right now.....
    since yesterday the wifi seems to work all the time as long as i'm very close to the router.

but i need it to pick up at a much longer range as is rightly should.
    gonna bring it to a phone shop tomorrow to see if it can be repaired or something
    08-18-10 04:47 PM
    What band is the router using? b? g? or n?

Note that even once you get it connected to the WiFi, you will be limited in the things you can do without a data plan.
    08-18-10 04:55 PM
    the router is b/g
    i know of the limitations of the wifi..... i got apps so that i can do what i want to over the wifi..... so that shouldn't be a big deal

i just need it to pick up over the standard range that it should and not just when i stand right beside the router.... -_-
    08-19-10 03:02 AM