Sorry for the rant but whatever, RIM doesn't give a sh1t anyways,

I just finished up reading reviews from various blog, websites etc and they all say the damn freaken thing: RIM is dead.
    I can sure as **** agree with that. I am so ready to sell my 9700 and get a Samsung Captivate. Their software is pure crap. All that work for nothing, useless. To those who are not getting OS 6, guys go buy yourself an Android. There is no hope is RIM ever fixing anything. Even the carrier approval is just plain pathetic! I am pretty sure we won't see anything for another 2-3 months. So lame. How disappointing is this. I'm just really frustrated with RIM. I can't even send a frigging email to the CEO to express my frustration.
    Good bye RIM, I hope you fail like Palm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BluCheze; 08-05-10 at 02:15 AM.
    08-05-10 02:13 AM
    RIM is not technically dead. Just hardware handicapped.

But I approve of your decision to leave. Not like RIM cares about its consumer base anyway. It's all about the business side.

Good day to you sir. I said Good day!
    08-05-10 02:22 AM
    Good question

And here's my answer

I'm on sprint and I'm eligible for a full upgrade

Now do I want a 9650 for 149 bucks?

No its a Tour with a trackpad more memory and wi fi

I don't live in a wi fi area so that's not important to me

So the next question becomes what blackberrys are coming to my carrier in the next 4-6 months?

Some say the 9800

But I don't want a slider

I luv my tour don't get me wrong

But why would I buy a refreshed tour for 149 when I can have an EVO at my carrier for $50 more?

I wrote a post earlier today explaining how amazing the EVO is

The question I have for RIM is?

Where is that WOW device?

Where is RIM's iphone? Storm hahahaha

Where is RIM's Droid X?

I luv RIM but I'm not tied to them

This isn't an army commitment like some guys make u think

And Yes they're behind the times

Nearly 50% of BB owners said they were gonna leave BB for androids and iphones when their contracts was up

And I'm one of them

08-05-10 02:42 AM
    I may soon be following. I have a curve, which is my first BB. I really like the EVO, but i am not happy having to pay $30 a month to make it a hotspot for my laptop or other devices. So that will not happen. I would hope the 4G premium of $10 a month is good because my coverage right now is limited in my house. I have a few friends with the EVO and they all RAVE about it. So, come December we shall see what happens. I have been to two Sprint stores and a 3 rd party seller and I still have not held or seen a BOLD 9650. Hope that happens soon as well!
    08-05-10 02:50 AM
    RIM made a mistake with going with ATT with the slider. The Curve 2 8530 is not
    RIMs best effort and it is clear they think so to as they are not going to have
    OS 6 for it.

RIM needs to get with the program and not follow the IPhones lead with ATT. Instead they need to lead the way again. But with their current mindset I do not
    think that is going to happen until one day they see the bottom line all in RED
    and MS buys them as a toy!

Cant wait until my contract is up and I can look elsewhere. US Cellular is so far
    behind the times with the phones it makes me sick. Great service, crap for phones.

Tim
    08-05-10 08:51 AM
    I may soon be following. I have a curve, which is my first BB. I really like the EVO, but i am not happy having to pay $30 a month to make it a hotspot for my laptop or other devices. So that will not happen. I would hope the 4G premium of $10 a month is good because my coverage right now is limited in my house. I have a few friends with the EVO and they all RAVE about it. So, come December we shall see what happens. I have been to two Sprint stores and a 3 rd party seller and I still have not held or seen a BOLD 9650. Hope that happens soon as well!
    If you root the phone, there is program called Barnacle that makes the phone a wi-fi hot spot w/ using their plans/packages.
    08-05-10 09:03 AM
    You can be frustrated if you want, but that means you're not someone who needs or wants a blackberry.

I don't think that anyone, nor should the critics compare Blackberry devices to Android and Iphone.

Blackberry's are used for a whole different demographic. Iphones and Android big screen, touch screen, movie playing devices are for a particular segment.

I personally couldn't see myself using another phone than a blackberry right now due to my business. I don't particularly like touch screen (besides the COOL factor, it holds no importance to me or to anyone I know that benefits from a bb). There's too much rooting, app purchasing, etc to get the phones to work the way a bb does out of the box. Messaging on bb's is great, it's reliable and it's secure.

You can't compare the two...Blackberry is the top of the line for the segment it caters too. The problem is, RIM took these phones mainstream to the average consumer who doesnt have the same need, but rather...they have certain WANTS.

@Cornbread,...I can guarantee most of those saying they are leaving for Iphone or Android don't have the same need, and probably thought they were getting a great media phone when they purchased it...average consumer.
    08-05-10 09:14 AM
    You can be frustrated if you want, but that means you're not someone who needs or wants a blackberry.

I don't think that anyone, nor should the critics compare Blackberry devices to Android and Iphone.

Blackberry's are used for a whole different demographic. Iphones and Android big screen, touch screen, movie playing devices are for a particular segment.

I personally couldn't see myself using another phone than a blackberry right now due to my business. I don't particularly like touch screen (besides the COOL factor, it holds no importance to me or to anyone I know that benefits from a bb). There's too much rooting, app purchasing, etc to get the phones to work the way a bb does out of the box. Messaging on bb's is great, it's reliable and it's secure.

You can't compare the two...Blackberry is the top of the line for the segment it caters too. The problem is, RIM took these phones mainstream to the average consumer who doesnt have the same need, but rather...they have certain WANTS.

@Cornbread,...I can guarantee most of those saying they are leaving for Iphone or Android don't have the same need, and probably thought they were getting a great media phone when they purchased it...average consumer.
    I happen to agree with you on most of your points

When i was at My Local Sprint Store Yesterday there was 15-20 people there all waiting to play and touch the EVO

A line was formed and as we all began to wait i noticed that everyone who was waiting had either a Curve or a Tour in their hands

That my friend is a problem

A couple of people was asking whats coming down the line for a CDMA BB?

We all began to talk about the slider

And one of the guys started laughing

Asking why? was RIM inspired by the huge success of the Pre?

The store erupted in laughter

Now i know thats not the reason RIM did it

But as a 12 year Sprint Customer i asked myself whats coming to my carrier?

And i realized why pay 149 for a refreshed phone i already have

And i think by all the BB Users waiting to play with that phone

I'm not in the minority
    Last edited by cornbread16; 08-05-10 at 10:58 AM.
    08-05-10 10:54 AM
    Oh my goodness! It isn't hard! IF YOU DON'T WANT A BLACKBERRY THEN GET SOMETHING YOU WANT!! Simple solution.
    08-05-10 12:22 PM
    hey cornbread dude, do you really feel it necessary to type out each short sentences/statements on a single line????
    08-05-10 01:48 PM
    This is why we have chocolate and vanilla.
    08-05-10 03:52 PM
    I'm a frustrated user of this board, constantly sifting through the whining threads trying to find something useful or worth reading. Seems to be an impossible task these days though.
    08-05-10 04:03 PM
    Yawn............

Just leave BB. Why the need to bash RIM. Go, move on, get out of here - PLEASE.
    08-05-10 04:19 PM
    hey cornbread dude, do you really feel it necessary to type out each short sentences/statements on a single line????
    Agreed very annoying...........
    08-05-10 04:20 PM
  15. T
    "Where is that WOW device?"

"WOW factor" is stupid. I mean, look how idiotic people appear when their mouths are gaping open as they're letting out a "Wow ..."

Dense.
    08-05-10 05:58 PM
    I think my point is directed more towards Sprint than BB. Sprint has always seemed more business oriented to me. Which is why I am suprised they do not have more options for BB phones. I love the messaging capabilities, but woiuld like some mutimedia, without having to leave BB's family.

08-06-10 09:34 AM
    I am so ready to sell my 9700 and get a Samsung Captivate
    You rebel you...

Why don't you just do it then? You're mad at a phone manufacturer. Get a grip.
    08-06-10 09:38 AM
    I've come to the conclusion that most people that are leaving BlackBerry only got one because they thought they would look important while posing with one. Then, they get frustrated because the simple user interface confuses them (in their mind the phone is flawed though) and then they decide to get the phone that they should have picked in the first place, the phone with the childish and 'easier to use, interface.'
    08-06-10 10:50 AM
    Cool story dude. To translate the OP:

"I hate Blackberry, everyone, go use an OS that I've never used before as I assume it's perfect in everyway".

If one is to read that quote aloud, be sure to sound like a pouty 5 year old.
    08-06-10 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD