I have a netgear WPN824 v3 wireless router and a BB 9000 (CORRECTION). My BB says it is connected or at least sees the Wireless Router however, the wi/fi on the home screen is still grayed out. Can someone please help before I throw both of these devices off a cliff?
    Last edited by raiderdiva2010; 01-12-11 at 08:14 PM. Reason: st
    01-12-11 04:36 PM
    When you say that your BB says that it's connected, in your manage connections screen, does it show a green checkmark all the way to the right of WIFI or an x?
    01-12-11 06:03 PM
    Did you pay your internet bill? Do you even have internet?
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 01-12-11 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Very big fonts are annoying.
    01-12-11 06:31 PM
    In a more helpful tone, have you tried turning off the wireless signal and see if the browser still works?
    If it doesn't, try reseting your router and made sure you entered the password correctly in your BlackBerry if you have a wireless password?
    Can other devices connect to the internet over wireless?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 06:37 PM
    I have a netgear WPN824 v3 wireless router and a BB 9700. My BB says it is connected or at least sees the Wireless Router however, the wi/fi on the home screen is still grayed out. Can someone please help before I throw both of these devices off a cliff?
    1. What OS do you have on your 9700? Is it a 5.0 or a 6.0? The connection indicators are different, so knowing this might help answer you.

2. When you have a chance, you should update your profile. It still says you have a 9000.

3. Why do you customize the font size for your posting? It makes it extremely difficult to read from the device Browser. You don't need to specify a font in your posts. By default the size will be the same as everyone else's.
    01-12-11 06:42 PM
    There's a big difference between seeing and connected. You need to see connected. Look at this thread, and follow it step by step.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    01-12-11 06:43 PM
    When you say that your BB says that it's connected, in your manage connections screen, does it show a green checkmark all the way to the right of WIFI or an x?

No, It does not show the green check mark.
    01-12-11 07:48 PM
    1. What OS do you have on your 9700? Is it a 5.0 or a 6.0? The connection indicators are different, so knowing this might help answer you.

2. When you have a chance, you should update your profile. It still says you have a 9000.

3. Why do you customize the font size for your posting? It makes it extremely difficult to read from the device Browser. You don't need to specify a font in your posts. By default the size will be the same as everyone else's.
    That was my error, I have a Bold 9000. am I still looking to see if my OS is 5.0 or 6.0 and how would I find that info.

Sorry for the large font i did not think it was going to be that big
    01-12-11 07:51 PM
    In a more helpful tone, have you tried turning off the wireless signal and see if the browser still works?
    If it doesn't, try reseting your router and made sure you entered the password correctly in your BlackBerry if you have a wireless password?
    Can other devices connect to the internet over wireless?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ha ha! Very funny. Yes, bill is paid. How else did you think I posted this. My BB sees the wireless but the wifi is still greyed out.

I actually have a desktop and laptop connected to my wireless router right now
    01-12-11 07:54 PM
    Do you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan?
    01-12-11 08:51 PM
    No, It does not show the green check mark.
    Then you are not really connected. Even if it's showing the name of your router. You probably just have a dash showing now. The first time is a little wonky and then after that it will automatically connect when you enter your house. Make sure you have your regular data connection on before you scan for wireless. I remember mine took a few tries.
    01-12-11 09:30 PM
    That was my error, I have a Bold 9000. am I still looking to see if my OS is 5.0 or 6.0 and how would I find that info.

Sorry for the large font i did not think it was going to be that big
    Actually the font was miniscule for me. As soon as you start specifying the font sizes, they show up differently on different device's Browsers.

With a Bold 9000 you have OS 4.6 or 5.0. (OS6 is bigger than the total memory of a Bold 9000.)
    You can find your OS a few different ways. Easiest is go into your Options app and select About. In the middle of the 3rd line or so, it will have v4.6.X.XXX or 5.0.0.XXX.
    In any text field where you can type, like at bottom of BBM, while composing an email, etc, you can type myver and then a SPACE to show your model and OS version.
    01-13-11 02:36 AM
    You can find your OS a few different ways.
    Actually this is probably the easiest:

On your Home Screen, hold doiwn ALT and the RIGHT SHIFT and press H.
    It will open a screen called Help Me!
    I think the 3rd line down is App Version. That's your current OS number.
    01-13-11 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD