I have just one complaint with my BBZ10 , the copy and paste is so frustrating , it's not working right , first you can select a word , words or numbers from a website , a text message but you can't from a bbm message or whats app message, someone sent me a ton of numbers through bbm tried copying just the one number it won't , it copies the entire message then when I paste it , I have to delete the unwanted message , it also copies the person name who sent me the message.

The other issue is when you are on a website or within a text message and wanna copy some details , when the words are highlighted and u wanna shrink or expand your selection, when moving the cursor indicator to the left the screen scrolls up and when moving the indicator to the right the screen scrolls down, I find it very frustrating because I use these functions many times in a day. I have owned more than 20 blackberries this one is hands down my favourite , but these functions need work .

Anyone out there experiencing the same thing ?
    Let me know .. Thanks
    04-10-13 06:17 PM
    I hate the fact that I can't copy phone numbers from the Web and make a call like the old Legacy devices. Even the Opera Browser did this.

Posted via CB10
    mavricxx likes this.
    04-10-13 10:22 PM
    I feel you the copy and paste is garbage if i knew it was going to be this horrible I would have waited on getting the z-10. I cant believe that they messed it up so bad. Even my 9860, 9700 & 9900's touch screen copy n paste is better.

Posted via CB10
    mavricxx likes this.
    04-10-13 10:37 PM
    + 1! Huge work needs to be done on copy, paste and selecting text. Also the ability to recognize phone numbers and addresses and opening them on the phone application or maps respective to the subject. I feel BB is behind and playing catchup in the OS still.
    mavricxx likes this.
    04-10-13 10:40 PM
    Totally agree!
    04-10-13 11:02 PM
    I'm sure they'll be making it better, hopefully with the big OS update at the end of the month. Yes it needs work.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-10-13 11:07 PM
    Not being able to copy and paste from contacts is kind of lame.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:10 PM
    I doubt 10.1 will fix everything we want it to fix. There are lots of issues that need to be fixed up and it's just a matter of which ones BlackBerry deem to be the most critical.

I still love my Z and I'm still glad I upgraded from my 9900, but it would be nice to have a fully functional BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:31 PM
    I doubt 10.1 will fix everything we want it to fix. There are lots of issues that need to be fixed up and it's just a matter of which ones BlackBerry deem to be the most critical.

I still love my Z and I'm still glad I upgraded from my 9900, but it would be nice to have a fully functional BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    Yes blackberry 10 is superior in plenty of ways. But the copy paste needs cleaning up.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:45 PM
    Not being able to copy and paste from contacts is kind of lame.

Posted via CB10
    Said everyone when the iPhone was released.

It sucks, but give it time (yes, it should be there... i agree, but just wait)

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:48 PM
    Said everyone when the iPhone was released.

It sucks, but give it time (yes, it should be there... i agree, but just wait)

Posted via CB10
    Actually someone posted a workable solution. Edit the contact. Then you can copy. That is good enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    theegoldenone likes this.
    04-10-13 11:54 PM
    We are BlackBerry fans. We can come here vent our frustrations and and then we'll impatiently wait for the update. But most people, especially those who switch from other platforms, won't "give it time"..

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:57 PM
    I thought I was the only one... I'm glad I saw this post, yes it definitely needs an update on that. I love my Z10 but copy and paste is something that I use often. It is a little bit annoying but I don't think it could be a reason for someone to leave the Z10... Their other features surpass that.
    04-11-13 12:02 AM
    Actually someone posted a workable solution. Edit the contact. Then you can copy. That is good enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. But...

Haters gonna hate

Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:02 AM
    I hate the correction bubble. Useless!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    allengeorge likes this.
    04-11-13 01:52 AM
    I can't agree with you more the copy and paste function is terrible. You have to really work at it then give up. The iPhone I traded in for my z10 was excellent at this. That is one thing they got us on right now.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:56 AM
    Yea, coming from a DROID RAZR Max, I'm a little disappointed with the copy and paste, along with its ability to recognize addresses and phone numbers in the browser or text. I really enjoy the functionality though. BlackBerry surprised me with this one, and I really enjoy how tight knit its community is. Plus I got the phone for $50, can't complain at all. Ps. All of you blackberry loyal are awesome!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 02:25 AM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Agreed. Weakest link so far as far as I am concerned......

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 02:38 AM
    I assumed it was operator error on my part when I couldn't get copy and paste to work. Seems not!

Please BlackBerry make this function work better.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:02 AM
    I agree. But...

Haters gonna hate

Lol

Posted via CB10
    Don't be daft. People having issues with copy-paste operation are now 'haters'?

This bothers me almost on a daily basis and it needs to be improved. If yours is perfect, good for you.
    04-11-13 03:04 AM
    Smh this pisses me off on my pb mmm guess my thread was useful afterall smh.

Im still getting the z10 but i hope they fix this.
    04-11-13 03:48 AM
    Yup, copy and paste is one area that needs work.

It's also amazing how badly the phone number recognition has degraded. On my Torch, phone numbers in any kind of text were click to dial, even overseas. The z10 forces me to use its inconvenient copy and paste or just to remember the number. BlackBerry really needs to fix this.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:44 AM
    When I'm in a text message and I'm trying to copy and paste something I highlight the word and that stupid side bar always comes flying out and trying to move those blue cursor handles are a pain too. Very poorly designed. They better fix it in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:01 AM
    Don't be daft. People having issues with copy-paste operation are now 'haters'?

This bothers me almost on a daily basis and it needs to be improved. If yours is perfect, good for you.
    No. People who are given an answer to the question but then say 'it doesn't matter it should be infinitely easier and this way sucks' are haters.

I already said that I agree the copy and paste situation is a bit annoying

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:43 AM
    Well, I'm going to pile on here as well: copy-paste is really bad (I actively avoid it, since everytime I use it I take forever to select the right thing, it's way too finicky, and it's often easier to simply remember and rewrite instead of jumping through all the hoops it throws up). Not only that, the selection bubble is also very bad. These two things are what rub me the wrong way every day.
    04-11-13 10:59 AM
31 12