Regardless of any of the other opinions posted in this thread, you
    have to find the device that performs the way you expect it to and
    that suits your needs.
    I think all the hardcore technicals are with you on that thought. Reading around, it looks like the OP has now managed to get his hands on a good specimen, so we might be seeing more of him here.
    10-03-08 05:17 AM
    The third Curve was on a 1-reboot-per-week streak that was broken today. It rebooted on its own yesterday and rebooted itself again tonight. This makes 4 reboots and all 4 of them in the middle of a phone call!

That's it! Tomorrow I'll coordinate a warranty replacement and that unit will go on sale on eBay or something. I've put my SIM back into my unlocked Moto Q Global and this is the last thing RIM will ever see of me.

I do have to say thanks to the CrackBerry comunity. You guys were uber helpful and friendly. Hope none of you ever get into such a bad streak with your BB.
    10-13-08 09:41 PM
    I guess that's one of the weird things with different technology and carriers.

My Curve 8330 is the most stable device I've owned---not counting some of my old generic "cell phones" which really only made calls and not much else.

Sometimes it only takes one thing to screw it all up. The only problem I had with my Curve was when it was connected to my computer. Anytime it was connected to the computer it was in a perpetual state of re-boot.

Turns out I was using some automatic backup software which had a major conflict with my BB.

I still use the software but have removed the part of the app that was always running in the background.

The really sad part of all of this is that NEITHER Verizon or RIM could figure out my problem. The answer came from right here at Crackberry.com, so you came to the right place.

Anyway, I know this doesn't help your issue but I'm sure there is some little glitch between your Curve and your carrier, etc. What's pathetic is that you know you can't be the only one who's experienced it.

Good luck to you down the road with whatever you end up using.

Finally: 50+phones!!!!? WOW!

I oficially give up on BlackBerry. I've had 50+ phones in the past nine years from various manufacturers and carriers
    10-14-08 09:49 AM
    Well hopefully your berry will work now.
    10-14-08 09:55 AM
    The third Curve was on a 1-reboot-per-week streak that was broken today. It rebooted on its own yesterday and rebooted itself again tonight. This makes 4 reboots and all 4 of them in the middle of a phone call!

That's it! Tomorrow I'll coordinate a warranty replacement and that unit will go on sale on eBay or something. I've put my SIM back into my unlocked Moto Q Global and this is the last thing RIM will ever see of me.

I do have to say thanks to the CrackBerry comunity. You guys were uber helpful and friendly. Hope none of you ever get into such a bad streak with your BB.
    I am sorry to hear your BB did not work out for you. However, as AG pointed out, you have to get the device that works for you. I am glad the CB community helped you out.
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 10-14-08 at 10:41 AM.
    10-14-08 10:02 AM
    Well hopefully your berry will work now.
    10-14-08 10:16 AM
    Finally: 50+phones!!!!? WOW!
    It was a typo. I meant 40+ phones (not 50+) across 9 years. And that's counting prepaid phones, backup phones and phones I had but returned during the trial period because I didn't like them, or because coverage and billing from the carrier sucked. (*cough*Sprint*cough*)
    Last edited by CeluGeek; 10-14-08 at 10:25 AM.
    10-14-08 10:22 AM
    It was a typo. I meant 40+ phones (not 50+) across 9 years. And that's counting prepaid phones, backup phones and phones I had but returned during the trial period because I didn't like them, or because coverage and billing from the carrier sucked. (*cough*Sprint*cough*)
    Uh, that is still a lot of phones. Wow.
    10-14-08 10:42 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD