We live in a world where we are moving away from intrusive activities and attention sucking communications, so why do people want video chat/front facing cameras so badly?

It seems like more and more people are texting, BBM'ing, e-mailing and are calling less and less. Why? Because we are all becoming ADD and need to be doing 6 things at the same time. I used to think that there was nothing more annoying than a phone call because i would have to 1)mute the TV, 2)pause some you tube vid i had going, 3)stop the current text convos i was in the middle of, and then i had to be ready to give my full attention to the caller. Video chat is even worse since you have to looks interested and pay even more attention!

I'mm never write off a phoen for not having a fron facing camera. In fact, its an expensive feature to add for ZERO value.
    01-13-11 09:10 AM
    You wanrt to talk less with people since you can text with 3 people at the same time, but only talk to one.

Yet family like parents, wife, girlfriend, sons etc, when you are away you want to feel closer. Now you can call easier over IP, you can text all day even while busy; but wouldn't it be nice to be able to video chat with them while away?
    01-13-11 10:14 AM
    Well it's zero value for you....but it may not be for others. Now I somewhat agree with you in that I will not write off a phone for not having it and I can't see myself really using the feature, other than taking pictures.

But I think it's a brilliant idea to use it for maybe college students who are leaving home for the first time, deployed soldiers, business men and women who are away from their families due to travel. I could go on...

Now obviously we have webcams for most of what I said but this is just one more way to do it and for some it may be more convenient to use.

So I think it's a good thing, even though I don't see myself using it anytime soon.

As for the paying attention to video callers, no one says you have to answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 10:23 AM