So my friends son ( he's 16) he's looking for a new phone and I've recommended the Z10 and he likes it but he's also looking at the iPhone 4s.. he mostly needs apps but he doesn't really want to waste time on side loading, what should I say to him?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 12:59 PM
    If he wants apps tell him to get the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 01:00 PM
    he mostly needs apps but he doesn't really want to waste time on side loading
    In light of that (among other things), the answer should be pretty clear.
    scorpiodsu and JeepBB like this.
    08-23-13 01:01 PM
    So my friends son ( he's 16) he's looking for a new phone and I've recommended the Z10 and he likes it but he's also looking at the iPhone 4s.. he mostly needs apps but he doesn't really want to waste time on side loading, what should I say to him?

Posted via CB10
    The answer is pretty clear. I mean we should at least have some integrity to recommend products based on what the users need and not our own personal preferences. Especially when we know when the limitations of one would greatly go against what that user needs the most. Sure it's ok to tout your device and brag a little. But don't mislead people when you know it's not what they need or if there's something better available. Now sales rep, they have other factors for them pushing device but us as users, I think we should be honest. Say stuff like "I prefer my Z10 because I like BB10 and.... but here are the current challenges when compared to iOS and Android right now.... If you care about XYZ the most then get this device".

And also tell him that Blackberries are only for serious professionals . If people want toys then get an iPhone. I mean sounds like he wants a toy not a tool, right?
    08-23-13 01:07 PM
    BB OS10 is made for smarth people, using it need some brain this is why i mosthly choose it, not like the boring droid phone i once own,so
    if your friend look for a easy and boring phone, droid one may match
    08-23-13 01:11 PM
    Irony. It's there
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-23-13 01:14 PM
    And also tell him that Blackberries are only for serious professionals . If people want toys then get an iPhone. I mean sounds like he wants a toy not a tool, right?
    BB OS10 is made for smarth people, using it need some brain this is why i mosthly choose it, not like the boring droid phone i once own,so
    My point exactly. This is the exact mindset that got Blackberry in trouble and users continued to spew it. "Tools not toys". Yet we can do everything they can. Makes sense.
    08-23-13 01:31 PM
    Sideloading is an absolute joke lol ... and only dedicated nerds would even consider it. If you are just another 'merry consumer' who wants a gazillion apps and games for your tiny little screen, buy a popular consumer device.
    08-23-13 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you like your friend's son, and respect his criteria for his ideal phone, then your way ahead is clear.

Hint: the Z10, despite your fondness for it, doesn't fit his criteria.
    scorpiodsu and M65c02 like this.
    08-23-13 02:09 PM
    bb os10 is made for smarth people, using it need some brain this is why i mosthly choose it, not like the boring droid phone i once own,so
    oh

my

dayum!!!
    BoldPreza, mjdimer and SK122387 like this.
    08-23-13 11:17 PM
    Since your friend's son is interested in having a variety of apps, the logical choice would be the iPhone.

BBQ10
    08-23-13 11:37 PM
    Have a heart OP... You know he'll will be better off with an iPhone, and will like it better than an app-less, Facetime and iMessage-less Z10.

Don't let the poor kid fight your platform battles.

And the reason I mentioned FaceTime and iMessage is because, chances are that many if not most of his friends have an iPhone too. If he can't iMessage or FaceTime with them, he'll lose out...
    08-23-13 11:55 PM
    It's sad that most kids just wanna have what their friends have instead of trying to stand out and be different from the rest of the crowd =)

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:24 AM
    BB OS10 is made for smarth people
    Only the smarthest survive!
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-24-13 12:26 AM
    Recommend the iPhone because he clearly wants a phone with tons of apps. If he got the Z10, he would hate it, because the BlackBerry World doesn't have all the apps he wants.

The Z10 is an excellent phone with the best virtual keyboard, and great networking and productivity features, but that's just not a priority for him.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    08-24-13 12:38 AM

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    08-24-13 12:40 AM
    Your friend needs the best phone, the Z10 plain and simple. Apps are a plenty.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-24-13 03:54 AM
    Your friend needs the best phone, the Z10 plain and simple. Apps are a plenty.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    True dat!

Why this guy alone has put 47,000 Apps into BB World.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-world-841408/

Reality sucks huh?
    08-24-13 04:19 AM
    Walk into any high school and do a survey of what phones teenagers have. My daughters school was approx 75% iPhone, 24% samsung or the like and 1% bb, walk into my real estate office 98% bb, 2% other. I think your answer is easy now
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-24-13 04:27 AM