I placed this comment in another forum, however I believe this question needs to be presented to the larger group.

This is an odd website. Never before have I belonged to a group that criticizes it's carrier so much, rips their phones so much, demonizes the manufacturer so much, and attacks it's fellow brethren so much.

Is this normal for CB?

I haven't been a Crackberry addict for very long, but this strikes me as very unusual behavior.
    05-06-09 07:32 PM
    People have opinions and aren't into sugarcoating. Sarcasm is alive and well here. Don't take it personally! In my experience most CB addicts will call a spade a spade and that's just how it goes. I have personally found people to be engaging and helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 07:39 PM
    When you have about 1 million members you're going to have all kinds of "unusual behavior."
    05-06-09 07:40 PM
    I agree, and I wasn't claiming the members aren't VERY helpful. It just struck me as very odd. Thanks for the response.
    05-06-09 07:40 PM
    It's just the way we are. Some of us have been around long enough to really get to know people.
    05-06-09 07:52 PM
    You calling us a bunch of loons?
    LOL... your right though. This place is more "laid back yet straight to the point" on an average day. Now there will always be some that get a little on the fence but as Forever said theres gonna be some odd ones.
    05-06-09 07:53 PM
    Well, if that's the way it is, then so be it. I am happy to be here and looking forward to many discussions and comments.
    Last edited by Dragonball1842; 05-06-09 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
    05-06-09 07:56 PM
    When you have about 1 million members you're going to have all kinds of "unusual behavior."
    true say!!!! So many people.. so many opinions!!! crackberry is awesome!!!bet bb forum ever!!!
    05-06-09 07:58 PM
    We're a little more broad minded on a narrow focus. The real and virtual worlds collide within this realm, and it's not always pretty to watch. But you will learn more about the BlackBerry in this venue than almost any book ever will explain.

05-06-09 08:07 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    05-06-09 08:27 PM
    Welcome to cb! And yes we are a little looney around here!!! LOL but always helpful of course!

05-06-09 08:31 PM
    Well said by all before me. This is a great community and most here enjoy helping others. Yes we have different opinions on many levels but that's just human nature. If we all thought the same it would be pretty boring...
    05-06-09 08:31 PM
    Its fun to razz people about their phone/carrier,whatever. But when it comes down to it, it's all in good fun. I think most of us realize it would be stupid to judge someone based on what phone they have or who their carrier is yet for some reason it happens a lot round here. With that said, verizon sux, att sux, iphone sux. Hahaha

05-06-09 10:52 PM
    Its fun to razz people about their phone/carrier,whatever. But when it comes down to it, it's all in good fun. I think most of us realize it would be stupid to judge someone based on what phone they have or who their carrier is yet for some reason it happens a lot round here. With that said, verizon sux, att sux, iphone sux. Hahaha

hahahaha, classic!
    05-06-09 10:53 PM
    And you have to realize the real numbers. A wireless carrier can have 50 million customers and 1 million complaining. Plus, ppl always share their negative experience before their positive, usually.

05-06-09 11:14 PM
    I agree with everyone above. So many people so many opinions

05-06-09 11:20 PM
    Get outta here...enemy.
    Jk. Welcome to our mad little corner of cyberspace.

05-06-09 11:23 PM
    welcome to crack, to the rich,poor,smart, just learning, but this is the place to be. everyone helps one another with all problems easy or difficult. we are all here together for each other.
    05-06-09 11:27 PM
    All so true! Welcome to CB DragonBalls! I'm pretty new myself & I have found most ppl here to be incredibly helpful & some to be downright rude. Just like anywhere you might go. I like to browse through all the forums and I have found some areas of this cyberworld to be strangely intriguing. It doesn't take long to become addicted so I hope you're ready!

05-07-09 01:05 AM
    dont be scurred.. most of us dont bite.. with the exception of a big wolf we keep in the back(OT)

ps- if you are reading this wolf.. im rotflol
    05-07-09 02:06 AM
    I think the main thing is this site attracts a ton of people who are 100 percent devoted to there technology do to so many members. One thing about tech is the person talking always likes to be "right"

Some of us our more light hearted then others.

You will find that rarely does anyone here hold a grudge at least from what I have seen.

When I post something and its in opposite opinion of what someone else posts to me it has nothing to do with that person but everything about the discussion. IF the conversation gets heated I wont remember who it was anyway and have nothing against the person who said what.

Even though it seems as alot of bullying goes on in reality a ton of useful information comes out of this site. Typically if someone is wrong with something then the right answer usually comes out if its not a subjective topic..

Stick around you wont be sorry sometimes you just have to take some things with a grain of salt and not take it personally.
    05-07-09 02:20 AM
    Hello fellow Oregonian & welcome. The crack addition is very strong here and things get a little crazy and a little heated at times but is all good There are a lot of great and helpful people here, enjoy.
    05-07-09 02:52 AM
    I may be in the minority here, but this does not bother me.
    It just proves we are a family, sometimes dysfunctional, but a
    family nonetheless
    05-07-09 03:04 AM
    if you want dysfunctional, step into the iStorm forums... makes the rest of the forums look sane.
    05-07-09 05:07 AM
    Dragonball, you must be spending a lot of time in the storm forume. time

05-07-09 05:33 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD