No. You're wrong.

And AutoText is pretty much a commodity feature on soft keyboards now. Some call it Auto-Substitution or whatever... It's not hard to find, if you know how to navigate settings. Pretty sure it's enabled by default, and you can add as many shortcuts as you want...

Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image

Only difference is you can't specify case, as if it matters all that much since the phone typically will auto-correct the case anyways...

ActiveSync is pushed, and WP7 ties into a Live Account. Hotmail and GMail Supports ActiveSync. In Mango, even Tasks from Windows Live will Sync. As far as a blackberry handset is concerned any email is pushed to it, it never ever checks for email.

ActiveSync Calendar Sync is not buggy like BIS Gmail Calendar Sync. BIS is not pure push. It's poll and push. RIM's servers poll your inbox and when it finds something new, it retrieves it and pushes that to your device. ActiveSync is pushed from the server.

Here, WikiPedia is your friend. Educate yourself on what's coming in the next week or two to WP7 users.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mango_(WP7)
    Are you telling me activesync on wp7 turns any email account into push email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 10:45 AM
    Not to be a ****, but every one of those features is available on almost every platform

All platforms allow for groups in contacts and navigation from the contact, in fact on android its totally free
    Android, iphone, and wp7 does push email
    They can all sync with iTunes
    Bb probably has the slowest updates of the bunch
    They all have a myriad of real time group chat options
    RSS readers are plentiful on iPhone and android
    And android keyboards do shortcuts for words with autotext

I know that my iphone couldnt do any of that except to sync with itunes of course. My wifes android cannot do most of that either. She syncs her music by deleting it and then draging the music folder from her computer to her phone, what a pain. Her contacts application is crap. Who really knows how to change someones profile pic and decypher all the accounts each contact is linked to. Its a bunch of gobbly gook.And everything does have an RSS reader but it doesnt interact with other functions.

That was a big gripe on the iphone, everything you do is one thing at a time. One blackberry all the apps integrate so well its hard to tell at times where one ends and the other begins.

And as I understood it the other phones dont do push email, you tell it to check your account every so often. The more you check it the more battery you lose.
    Last edited by NursingNinja; 09-25-11 at 04:25 PM.
    09-25-11 04:22 PM
    I know that my iphone couldnt do any of that except to sync with itunes of course. My wifes android cannot do most of that either. She syncs her music by deleting it and then draging the music folder from her computer to her phone, what a pain. Her contacts application is crap. Who really knows how to change someones profile pic and decypher all the accounts each contact is linked to. Its a bunch of gobbly gook.And everything does have an RSS reader but it doesnt interact with other functions.

That was a big gripe on the iphone, everything you do is one thing at a time. One blackberry all the apps integrate so well its hard to tell at times where one ends and the other begins.

And as I understood it the other phones dont do push email, you tell it to check your account every so often. The more you check it the more battery you lose.
    hmm, might want to read up a little bit on how she can get the most from her phone. manual syncing of itunes on android is not necessary. there are a variety of options. the best is google music, which syncs your entire library wirelessly and can stream to the phone, you can make music on your phone available offline also if you don't want to stream it. i'm currently syncing 150GB of music with google music, as soon as i add a song into itunes, it syncs to google music, no need for cables ever. this service is free. there's also an app called "doubletwist" that syns itunes just by plugging your phone into the computer, it functions identically to ipod software.

as far as contacts, while i won't argue personal taste as to whether it's "crap" or not, i will say i think it's the easiest contacts app i've ever used, you can type someones name, phone number, email, etc, no matter where in the OS you are and their contact card comes up. changing someones picture is as easy as pressing on the photo in the contact card. there is no deciphering needed. you can link contacts together and easily see the separation of each one and choose how it is displayed as shown in the screenshots i've attached. android is known for open api's and system integration so as far as a RSS reader that integrates they exist and function alongside contacts/browser, etc. as shown in the attachments you can link different people's twitter/last.fm/facebook accounts all into one contact, so their updates are displayed directly in the contact card, or wherever their contact information is being displayed. for instance, if my someone i am following on twitter calls me, their last twitter status update is actually shown on the screen while my phone is ringing, same goes for facebook, last.fm, etc. as for push email, android does push email out of the box, and not just for gmail either, it'll also push activesync/exchange. iphone does also.
    Last edited by katiepea; 09-26-11 at 06:15 PM.
    09-26-11 06:12 PM
    I have a Samsung Focus I bought for cheap on Craigslist and unlocked it and threw on Mango RTM. Gotta say, it's an impressive phone and I like the Mango OS. Runs very smooth. Missing a few apps and I sometimes find push to be a little weak and the pseudo-multitasking to be annoying for certain programs, but the OS and UI is a pleasure to use on that phone. Figure it will only get better as they keep improving the OS.

It will probably never be the main phone, due to no keyboard, notification light, and I think BBerry is still the best for what I use my phone for. I know if I had to pick another platform, I would pick WP7 over Android or iPhone for sure.
    09-26-11 07:07 PM
    Just tell him this: If you're satisfied with your phone and what it does, leave my phone out of it, unless you want to trade, then keep the bashing out of it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9700 using Tapatalk @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 08:34 PM
    This commment is very stupid, I don't know about the user that wrote it
    How fxcking dumb this comment is ?
    Bsod is affecting pcs wp7 and windows are totallly different kernels
    In windows 7 even. Bsod is a rare thing
    No bsod, no viruses in wp7
    Same as metro win 8

lol. u actually took it seriously
    09-27-11 03:41 AM
    No. I'm telling you most consumers don't care. They either use yahoo hotmail or gmail here. Two of which support activesync. wp7 requires a live Id so most of those people use a hotmail account. Activesync is consistently faster than bis because It is not poll and push, so I'm unsure how it can be weak. Forwarding email is hard, I heard...

Mango >>>>>> os7

09-27-11 06:01 AM
    [QUOTE=N8ter;6711508]No. I'm telling you most consumers don't care. They either use yahoo hotmail or gmail here. Two of which support activesync. wp7 requires a live Id so most of those people use a hotmail account. Activesync is consistently faster than bis because It is not poll and push, so I'm unsure how it can be weak. Forwarding email is hard, I heard...

Mango >>>>>> os7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

If the consumer cares or not it's subjective, 70+ millions around the world choose to use the Blackberry solution so obviously they do care.

BIS does give you push email for ANY 10 email accounts, pop or imap, out of the box plus a secure on device only email address that you can change at any time.

No other platform is matching RIM on this yet, no matter if the consumer wants it or not, we're talking actual capability here, an SUV can go off road even though it might never do, but it is capable of it.
    09-27-11 06:16 AM
    Started on BB and ultimately switched to Windows mobile 5/6/6.5 (remember the Titan, Touch Pro/Touch Pro II?). It was highly customizable and with a little effort, I had a phone that had everything I wanted on the home screen - I am EAGERLY awaiting Mango and a Verizon release of a WP handset worthy of switching to. I LOVE my Blackberry and when they do release a WP handset with Mango on it, will be very tough for me to decide what to do as my wife loves my 9930 and I could give it to her and get a new WP handset - we'll see as Verizon is notorious for being last up with WP handsets...
    09-27-11 06:34 AM
    As WP7 is now and even after Mango kicks in, there will be no MS Office integration without going to the cloud! You have no choice in this! What happens when the net is unavailable? Too bad...Your PC will not see WP7.5 as another drive or directory for quick drag and drop operations. Zune will be your file and photo gatekeeper. Definitely a slick interface but too proprietary for me.
    09-27-11 08:48 AM
    As WP7 is now and even after Mango kicks in, there will be no MS Office integration without going to the cloud! You have no choice in this! What happens when the net is unavailable? Too bad...Your PC will not see WP7.5 as another drive or directory for quick drag and drop operations. Zune will be your file and photo gatekeeper. Definitely a slick interface but too proprietary for me.
    Really? Is this true? That there alone would rule it out for me even if I would ever be interested.

09-27-11 09:16 AM
    Really? Is this true? That there alone would rule it out for me even if I would ever be interested.

Others (myself included) had the same concerns: Check it out...

How do I sync Windows Mobile 7 with Outlook
    09-27-11 09:24 AM
    Others (myself included) had the same concerns: Check it out...

How do I sync Windows Mobile 7 with Outlook
    Wow, what a mess, makes this thread redundant. I would rather buy an old palm winmo.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 09-27-11 at 09:43 AM.
    09-27-11 09:40 AM
    Mango going out en masse today across the world. Updating my HD7 as I type this.

The Cloud is fine. Google Docs is in the Cloud, and you'll be able to put the documents on your phone. Basically you can put them on SkyDrive, download them to you phone, and delete them from SkyDrive. And of course you can recieve them via Email, etc.

As for Outlook Synchronization. I'm not missing it - one bit. Use Windows Live or Google (EDIT: Or Exchange, but that's a big duh). Both (EDIT: All) Support ActiveSync.

Only reason why Outlook seems that important on a Blackberry is because PIM synching with non-Exchange/BES services is weak compared to ActiveSync devices. My experience, of course.

Still, a business user won't find better Office365 or SharePoint support on any other platform.

If it's as good as I expect it to be, my Android will be dead to me after this afternoon...
    Last edited by N8ter; 09-27-11 at 01:10 PM.
    09-27-11 12:58 PM
    Mango going out en masse today across the world. Updating my HD7 as I type this.

The Cloud is fine. Google Docs is in the Cloud, and you'll be able to put the documents on your phone. Basically you can put them on SkyDrive, download them to you phone, and delete them from SkyDrive. And of course you can recieve them via Email, etc.

As for Outlook Synchronization. I'm not missing it - one bit. Use Windows Live or Google (EDIT: Or Exchange, but that's a big duh). Both (EDIT: All) Support ActiveSync.

Only reason why Outlook seems that important on a Blackberry is because PIM synching with non-Exchange/BES services is weak compared to ActiveSync devices. My experience, of course.

Still, a business user won't find better Office365 or SharePoint support on any other platform.

If it's as good as I expect it to be, my Android will be dead to me after this afternoon...
    Cloud is fine, everybody uses it, cloud as the only option is not fine.

Don't need to compare it with blackberry, compare it with what winmo used to do, can you imagine the shock of a winmo user "upgrading" to wp7?

09-27-11 01:16 PM
    WinPho is nice looking but if only it wasn't made by Microsoft :/
    09-27-11 01:37 PM
    WinPho is nice looking but if only it wasn't made by Microsoft :/
    Many people say the same thing about Blackberries and RIM.

Doesn't make it any less of a useless comment.
    09-27-11 06:24 PM
    Cloud is fine, everybody uses it, cloud as the only option is not fine.

Don't need to compare it with blackberry, compare it with what winmo used to do, can you imagine the shock of a winmo user "upgrading" to wp7?

Yes. I have an HD2, and HD7, and a Vibrant.

There's literally no need to Sync to Outlook because:

1. WP7 Supports Exchange
    2. WP7 Supports Office365 and SharePoint Integration
    3. WP7 Supports Multiple ActiveSync Profiles on the device (WinMo didn't)
    4. Outlook Handles Winodws Live Accounts like Exchange Accounts (Outlook 2010 Natively or 03/07 + Connector) - There is no need for a WP7 consumer to Tether to a phone for Outlook Synchronization when they can do it all with Windows Live.

You people act like you don't have most of you crap in GMail or something. Pretty sure your Email and Calendars have more private stuff in them than you Contacts - some information I can probably google up on most people in 5-10 minutes, anyways...

WinMo lacked a ton of stuff. Really, when was the last time you used it? I have an HD2, HD7, and Vibrant. It was bad. It's nothing compared to WP7 and even with Outlook Synchronization and USB Mass Storage check how many people are buying HD2s still... Those that are, are buying them to load other OSes on them, including WP7.

Consumers can no longer be required to use their devices like business users, nevermind the fact that with ActiveSync/BES lots of businesses still use policies to disallow the devices to Sync to a PC, Lol.
    Last edited by N8ter; 09-27-11 at 06:43 PM.
    09-27-11 06:38 PM
    Many people say the same thing about Blackberries and RIM.

Doesn't make it any less of a useless comment.
    Do they? OMG thank you.
    09-27-11 07:01 PM
    Yes. I have an HD2, and HD7, and a Vibrant.

There's literally no need to Sync to Outlook because:

1. WP7 Supports Exchange
    2. WP7 Supports Office365 and SharePoint Integration
    3. WP7 Supports Multiple ActiveSync Profiles on the device (WinMo didn't)
    4. Outlook Handles Winodws Live Accounts like Exchange Accounts (Outlook 2010 Natively or 03/07 + Connector) - There is no need for a WP7 consumer to Tether to a phone for Outlook Synchronization when they can do it all with Windows Live.

You people act like you don't have most of you crap in GMail or something. Pretty sure your Email and Calendars have more private stuff in them than you Contacts - some information I can probably google up on most people in 5-10 minutes, anyways...

WinMo lacked a ton of stuff. Really, when was the last time you used it? I have an HD2, HD7, and Vibrant. It was bad. It's nothing compared to WP7 and even with Outlook Synchronization and USB Mass Storage check how many people are buying HD2s still... Those that are, are buying them to load other OSes on them, including WP7.

Consumers can no longer be required to use their devices like business users, nevermind the fact that with ActiveSync/BES lots of businesses still use policies to disallow the devices to Sync to a PC, Lol.
    We get you like WP7, but there's no need to make excuses for it here, it lacks basics that all other platforms have, even iphone. How do you even transfer large photos or HD videos to your computer? Do you have to sync them to cloud first?

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 09-28-11 at 01:19 AM.
    09-28-11 01:16 AM
    What basics are it lacking again?

09-28-11 01:35 AM
    What basics are it lacking again?

From what I understand you can't use it as USB drive, can't transfer photos, music, videos etc only trough the cloud.

09-28-11 02:01 AM
    By the way, my last winmo phone was a HTC M700 if I remember corectly, it had 3G, WIFI, GPS, Front and rear camera and all this before the first iphone came out, they really worked like mini computers, maybe that's why they're were called pocket pc. Since then they've gone downhill.

Oh yeah, and my m700 also had apps, lots of them, all you had to do was google "winmo freeware" I remember one particular app that would let you select how your phone would behave (profiles, networks, wifi, bluetooth etc) for any cell tower you wanted, again, before the iphone came out.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 09-28-11 at 02:08 AM.
    09-28-11 02:05 AM
    Oh, yeah you can use it as a USB drive. The point was made earlier that it doesn't have a desktop sync with outlook, which actually can be done, there's just no reason to

09-28-11 02:22 AM
    Oh, yeah you can use it as a USB drive. The point was made earlier that it doesn't have a desktop sync with outlook, which actually can be done, there's just no reason to

Yeah, you can use it as usb drive but trough a hack, out of the box plug your WP7 in a computer and nothing will happen.

09-28-11 02:34 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD