My friend wont stop talking about how blackberry is crap and wp7 is way better. I'm not too educated in phones and he knows quite a bit. What can i tell him to make him stop thinking bb is crap? It's kind of annoying. i tried to bring up picture quality because my old bb had great solid detailed pics but he says ppl talk **** about there pics. i could of sworn bb was known for good pics?
    09-24-11 03:25 PM
    I would not concern myself with what brand is "better" or "worse". It's all dependent upon an individual user's need.

If I had a friend who kept annoying me with smartphone comparisons, I'd find different friends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 03:30 PM
    It all depends on what you want the phone for business? Pleasure?
    Blackberry is a great business device first with great communications. If you are looking to play for the most part then I would suggest android or apple. Coming from android to BB I would not of switched if I didn't need my phone for business.
    09-24-11 04:20 PM
    It all depends on what you want the phone for business? Pleasure?
    Blackberry is a great business device first with great communications. If you are looking to play for the most part then I would suggest android or apple. Coming from android to BB I would not of switched if I didn't need my phone for business.
    i would actually challenge wp7 is better than android/ios at "fun" and better than bbOS at "business" exchange is a flexible option allowing you to not have to depend on RIM for device selection. it's messaging options exceed that available on BB, as all your "conversations/messages (facebook, IM, skype, SMS) are viewable in 1 thread for a contact. and the wp7 marketplace has more apps than bbOS. wp7 is a serious contender and is looking incredible. and no, i don't own a wp7 device. but i might soon.
    09-24-11 07:24 PM
    My friend wont stop talking about how blackberry is crap and wp7 is way better. I'm not too educated in phones and he knows quite a bit. What can i tell him to make him stop thinking bb is crap? It's kind of annoying. i tried to bring up picture quality because my old bb had great solid detailed pics but he says ppl talk **** about there pics. i could of sworn bb was known for good pics?
    Ignore him...
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    09-24-11 08:44 PM
    pray for BSOD to kick in.......
    09-24-11 08:46 PM
    I've seen no WP7 devices in the wild. Not a single one. We keep hearing about how great it is or will be, how it will rule the world in market share one day. It's apparently the greatest the phone that no one buys.
    09-24-11 08:49 PM
    WP7 and the upcoming Mango release are nice. Very slick, and in my opinion a **** of a lot better than Android devices. They are nice, and i think WP and BB are more likely to be the future than Android is.
    09-24-11 08:54 PM
    WP7 and the upcoming Mango release are nice. Very slick, and in my opinion a **** of a lot better than Android devices. They are nice, and i think WP and BB are more likely to be the future than Android is.

iOS, BB OS and WP ftw!
    09-24-11 08:58 PM
    I've seen no WP7 devices in the wild. Not a single one. We keep hearing about how great it is or will be, how it will rule the world in market share one day. It's apparently the greatest the phone that no one buys.
    That would be because it hasn't had a solid release, comparable to the playbook
    09-24-11 09:09 PM
    so many people who move to a new platform at 1rst are in awe of it & tend to bash other, especially previous platforms. It should wear off within a few weeks and they will come back to earth.
    09-24-11 09:41 PM
    Lol at Android falling to the wayside in favor to IOS, BB and WP7. ...someone is drinking the koolaid.

09-24-11 10:05 PM
    Just tell him this: Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. The answer is "As little as possible". Repeat as needed.
    09-24-11 11:34 PM
    Wp7 is getting a massive update near week so don't expect the New feeling to wear off anytime soon. It will only get more rabid.

09-25-11 02:13 AM
    You're friend feels threatened about his WP7 choice thus constantly trying to prove to you(and himself mostly) that he wasn't wrong. Either be the big boy and say "yes whatever" or face off with you're needs and my needs perpective, just make sure you make it clear you don't really care which brand is better.
    09-25-11 02:21 AM
    I loved my Windows Phone. It took amazing quality pictures, was a pleasure to type on, and the house style layout that the apps used was amazing. I only gave it up because the Network it was on was rubbish, plus the fact that at that time, Mango was 7 months away and I am addicted to Whatsapp, which wasn't going to be made for Wp7 because of the way it handles push notifications, which I think is going to change with Mango.

I was considering going back to Windows Phone when Mango was released, however I am not sure. I have grown far too used to my Qwerty keyboard, that touch screens annoy me. I have an iPhone which I use for an iPod, and sometimes browsing, but typing on it at a long period of time really bugs me, and hurts my wrist if I am laying down.
    When I first got a Blackberry I got really bored with it, and sold it, but now I LOVE it, and can't wait to get a new one in under a month.

I really don't see myself going back to Windows, or any touch screen any time soon. Your friend probably questions whether he made the right choice in phone (as someone has said), so therefore is criticizing yours, kind of like a defense mechanism. I've actually done this before It's kinda stupid to attack people's phone choices though. Its a personal choice at the end of the day!
    09-25-11 05:20 AM
    Once you experience the 9900 keyboard there's no way back, that takes priority over any other feature.

09-25-11 05:47 AM
    The contacts app on BB is alot better. It has database functionality to it, you can build groups easily, filter your contacts by catagories, and access them with other apps. For example I can select a name in contacts and choose "drive to" and then telenav opens and takes me there.

The notification system is really nice if your forgetful like me. Every time I pull down the notification bar I get a little reminder of the next three upcoming appointments or events in my calendar. You can set up custom notifications for each profile and whether or not your phone is in your holster.

Push email is a nice feature, you will notice you get your emails alot faster while draining less battery life doing so. To tease my android wife I will send her an email make fun of how long it takes her to get it, hours!

Blackberry can sync with itunes via desktop manager, puts in your playlists too just like on an ipod or iphone. For me that is a big deal because I like to use itunes to organize my music.

Its alot easier to get the latest OS updates on blackberry despite your carriers wishes thanks to sites like this.

I like BBM groups, I think the christian groups are great for prayer networking. Some of yall may realize how dynamic that is. Most people dont know about or even believe that so I wont go into the details. There are many kinds of groups out there too.

Social feeds is just the coolest app ever. I subscribe to the RSS feeds on all my favorite news sites so I can scan through their articles at once. I am sure WP7 has an RSS reader but I dont it also does facebook, bbm, instant messaging, and podcasts too. You can interact with all of that in one app.

I love the word shortcuts because I can program my own into it. I type brt and "be right there" appears. There are also tons of other keyboard tricks that not very many blackberry users know about.

The above is why I honestly find other phones lacking.
    09-25-11 06:55 AM
    Not to be a ****, but every one of those features is available on almost every platform

All platforms allow for groups in contacts and navigation from the contact, in fact on android its totally free
    Android, iphone, and wp7 does push email
    They can all sync with iTunes
    Bb probably has the slowest updates of the bunch
    They all have a myriad of real time group chat options
    RSS readers are plentiful on iPhone and android
    And android keyboards do shortcuts for words with autotext

Last edited by katiepea; 09-25-11 at 08:09 AM.
    09-25-11 07:04 AM
    pray for BSOD to kick in.......
    This commment is very stupid, I don't know about the user that wrote it
    How fxcking dumb this comment is ?
    Bsod is affecting pcs wp7 and windows are totallly different kernels
    In windows 7 even. Bsod is a rare thing
    No bsod, no viruses in wp7
    Same as metro win 8

09-25-11 08:06 AM
    That's because wp7 has not been released yet
    Msft knew that if they waited another year to have features in wp7 by oct 2011, they won't succedd so they released the wp7 with features missing, and kept saying mango bcos mango is the actually sweet thing
    So to msft wp7 has not be released when mango and nokia are onboard then its launched

09-25-11 08:08 AM
    Wp7 is awesome !!!!!
    If not because all my friends are using bbm, hence me using bb I would have bought a mango device

09-25-11 08:10 AM
    Not to be a ****, but every one of those features is available on almost every platform

All platforms allow for groups in contacts and navigation from the contact, in fact on android its totally free
    Android, iphone, and wp7 does push email
    They can all sync with iTunes
    Bb probably has the slowest updates of the bunch
    They all have a myriad of real time group chat options
    RSS readers are plentiful on iPhone and android
    And android keyboards do shortcuts for words with autotext

None of them are out of the box as with a blackberry, you have to go look for them. And once again, while Android, IOS and WP7 do have push, they don't have push for every email account, only a few select ones or via exchange or other yet more third party apps.

09-25-11 08:13 AM
    Your friend must have a small *****. He's over compensating...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-25-11 09:17 AM
    None of them are out of the box as with a blackberry, you have to go look for them. And once again, while Android, IOS and WP7 do have push, they don't have push for every email account, only a few select ones or via exchange or other yet more third party apps.

No. You're wrong.

And AutoText is pretty much a commodity feature on soft keyboards now. Some call it Auto-Substitution or whatever... It's not hard to find, if you know how to navigate settings. Pretty sure it's enabled by default, and you can add as many shortcuts as you want...

Only difference is you can't specify case, as if it matters all that much since the phone typically will auto-correct the case anyways...

ActiveSync is pushed, and WP7 ties into a Live Account. Hotmail and GMail Supports ActiveSync. In Mango, even Tasks from Windows Live will Sync.

ActiveSync Calendar Sync is not buggy like BIS Gmail Calendar Sync. BIS is not pure push. It's poll and push. RIM's servers poll your inbox and when it finds something new, it retrieves it and pushes that to your device. ActiveSync is pushed from the server.

Here, WikiPedia is your friend. Educate yourself on what's coming in the next week or two to WP7 users.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mango_(WP7)
    09-25-11 10:10 AM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD