No issues like that on either of my z10's - I have two
    02-07-13 10:16 AM
    Kinda a bummer you guys have had to do hard resets. I was Hoping the dreaded freezing issues would be resolved by now. Least they boot up faster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 10:34 AM
    I thought the micro kernel design was supposed to prevent this type of thing. The app that caused the problem would be killed and the OS would continue on.
    So were we lied to or what?
    If BlackBerry OS 10 provided a means to kill the errant application (kill -9 process_id --> in *nix parlance) you would be right on the money. Unfortunately, there is no kill switch so to speak for naughty BlackBerry OS 10 applications. So we were not lied to about the micro-kernel architecture, nor for a monolithic kernel for that matter, but the user-land capability to trigger a SIG_KILL command results in users sometimes finding it necessary to perform a hard reset (battery pull).
    02-07-13 01:05 PM
    I had a minor issue today...the e-mail app was not retrieving new e-mails, (PC and PlayBook both got them). Did just a power down...wait 30 seconds then power up (no battery pull) and boom boom boom...emails flying everywhere.
    02-07-13 01:49 PM
    If BlackBerry OS 10 provided a means to kill the errant application (kill -9 process_id --> in *nix parlance) you would be right on the money. Unfortunately, there is no kill switch so to speak for naughty BlackBerry OS 10 applications. So we were not lied to about the micro-kernel architecture, nor for a monolithic kernel for that matter, but the user-land capability to trigger a SIG_KILL command results in users sometimes finding it necessary to perform a hard reset (battery pull).
    It is supposed to kill the application itself. The senior guys at BlackBerry and QNX say the phones should never have to reboot.
    02-07-13 01:52 PM
    No freezing here... I did however lose use of the volume rocker requiring a battery pull...
    02-07-13 02:07 PM
    No freezing here... I did however lose use of the volume rocker requiring a battery pull...
    How could the button not responding??
    02-07-13 02:25 PM
    Only freeze ups I've had is in certain apps required only one restart. I've had couple occasions where the screen was un responsive but only for a second.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 07:36 AM
    There are threads (and reports) of the device freezing (on the lock screen or the browser screen) requiring a hard reset.
    Happened to me three times over the weekend. None since then. Has been reported on supportforums.blackberry.com also.
    Have had one freeze from the lock screen after swiping up and no password field would show up. Had to restart then. Also today a few times, when I start typing the first few letters don't register, even though they 'click' and there's a tone for them. Apart from that.. perfect.

02-09-13 12:10 PM
    Two days on the trot, the device has frozen after being in bedside mode, such that the clock app would not minimise. Needed to press the on/off button on one occasion, although today I had to reboot the phone. Earlier today the connections would not connect; phone telling me wifi connected but browser, FB and Twitter just sitting there with the 'clockface' icon going round and round. I know wifi was fine as my laptop was on the same network and was working fine. The phone was also telling me it was connected to 3G. Had to restart the phone, and then a whole bunch of emails and text messages arrived.
    02-09-13 12:39 PM
    Zero problems since Tuesday Feb 5!

02-09-13 03:01 PM
    Still zero freezing issues here

02-16-13 06:03 PM
    No issues after 10 days.

02-16-13 07:25 PM
    No problems here always on. No freezing

02-16-13 07:29 PM
    I've had my Z10 for 15 days and it has not yet frozen. So for me, zero problems so far.

02-16-13 07:43 PM
    I got it on launch day and never had any freezing.
    I have on one occasion gotten lag getting into the settings menu. I mention that because even lag is an extremely rare occasion, freezing would be completely out of the question for me and I would take it back to the carrier.
    02-16-13 11:51 PM
    Had the phone since the 5th and absolutely no problems... no battery pulls or freezing to speak of!

Posted via my Z10
    02-16-13 11:54 PM
    What are you guys new? Just do the famous BlackBerry battery pull.
    Ooops, battery pull and the bullet-proof micro-kernel based QNX. Oxymoron?
    Last edited by bekkay; 02-17-13 at 05:36 PM.
    02-17-13 12:32 AM
    is there any mention from those that have had the phone for a week like Kevin on how often the dreaded freezing has occured ?
    Had mine freeze while in BBM video and a phone call came in froze up, and twice the screen changed to half size all required reboot.
    02-17-13 08:21 PM
    The only freezing that occurs is when I'm running a sideloaded app that isn't from BB World.
    02-17-13 08:33 PM
    This OS is brand new so of course there will be freeze ups and bugs... I'm sure that's why they still have the removable battery on the Z10..
    02-17-13 08:43 PM
    Same here the screen froze after being in sleep bedside mode. It's done that several times now and I had to do a normal Restart . Also a froze when I was editing contacts a few times. A bit annoying, but hasn't frozen for a few days now.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 09:26 PM
    This OS is brand new so of course there will be freeze ups and bugs... I'm sure that's why they still have the removable battery on the Z10..
    But isn't that what everybody has been touting?

Every now and then, there is a post or an article claiming that QNX by its microkernel nature should not be prone to problems like freezing, and, therefore, it is used in nuclear reactors, by NASA, in planes, etc.
    02-17-13 09:29 PM
    It seems the freezing is not universal. I'd say return it and have all your settings transfered to a new device.
    02-17-13 10:27 PM
    I will chime in here. on maybe the second day of me having the Z10 the orientation screen flipped and froze while in transition. I did a hard reset and it hasn't happened since... it's been a couple of weeks now.

On a new note, I convinced my friend to buy a Z10 and as I was chatting with her in BBM today she has had her phone freeze on her. she even said there was a blue screen of death, and she is forced to do a hard reset. it has happened a few times tonight, in fact. I told her I will look at it tomorrow... might have to do a factory reset. Odd, cuz I have not heard of a blue screen error anywhere in these forums or in the help forums. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to cobtribute. I feel that the factory reset will fix things.
    02-21-13 10:24 PM
58 123