is there any mention from those that have had the phone for a week like Kevin on how often the dreaded freezing has occured ?
    02-06-13 02:13 PM
    One day so far and no freezing
    02-06-13 03:01 PM
  3. Master_of_Karate_and_Friendship's Avatar
    "What is this freezing you speak of?" - Z10
    02-06-13 03:03 PM
    There are threads (and reports) of the device freezing (on the lock screen or the browser screen) requiring a hard reset.
    Happened to me three times over the weekend. None since then. Has been reported on supportforums.blackberry.com also.
    02-06-13 03:05 PM
    Mine froze once yesterday, and today the orientation of my screen was locked in landscape despite holding the phone in portrait . i.e everything turned as it should have but it stayed in landscape ratio. i.e it only showed the left half of screen because . the other half was "off screen" . The bottom of the image was just black. i should have take a screen capture.

Both required a restart.
    02-06-13 03:21 PM
    1 day no issues
    active sync and IMAP and pop emails and twitter, linkedin, fb all scanning well so far

ITunes sync with BlackBerry Link all looks good so far

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-06-13 03:27 PM
    Mine froze once yesterday, and today the orientation of my screen was locked in landscape despite holding the phone in portrait . i.e everything turned as it should have but it stayed in landscape ratio. i.e it only showed the left half of screen because . the other half was "off screen" . The bottom of the image was just black. i should have take a screen capture.

Both required a restart.
    Same issue.
    02-06-13 03:38 PM
    is there any mention from those that have had the phone for a week like Kevin on how often the dreaded freezing has occured ?
    The only freezing I am experiencing is the temperature and there is no relief in sight until at least May.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    02-06-13 03:41 PM
    1 day with my Z10 and no freezing on my device either. The active sync, pop, facebook, IMAP, twitter, etc are working without any issues.
    02-06-13 03:41 PM
    What are you guys new? Just do the famous BlackBerry battery pull.
    02-06-13 04:06 PM
    What are you guys new? Just do the famous BlackBerry battery pull.
    Let's hope battery pulls are a thing of the past.
    kbz1960, Tom689, jakie55 and 2 others like this.
    02-06-13 05:31 PM
    Two days running strong...plug in when battery runs low...haven't turn it off yet and no freezes whatsoever...
    02-06-13 06:48 PM
    Two days running strong...plug in when battery runs low...haven't turn it off yet and no freezes whatsoever...
    Same here. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 07:41 PM
    Day 2 for me, no issues after using the phone for around 6 hours straight today and same yesterday
    02-06-13 08:04 PM
    2 days with no freezing for me.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-06-13 08:50 PM
    Oh noo!!!

The Seeking Alpha articles will say this is the end!
    02-06-13 09:01 PM
    Can someone direct link a thread at supportforums.blackberry.com so we can read about this?
    02-06-13 09:06 PM

Both required a restart.
    I shouldn't laugh, but that one's kinda funny ;-) Take a screenshot!
    02-06-13 09:09 PM
    This is the first I've heard of freezing.
    02-06-13 09:16 PM
    Are you using the browser when this happen? Same thing happens on my playbook but i just close the app and relaunch to fix it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-07-13 06:00 AM
    It's been freezing outside since the Zed10 has been released.
    02-07-13 07:20 AM
    I thought the micro kernel design was supposed to prevent this type of thing. The app that caused the problem would be killed and the OS would continue on.
    So were we lied to or what?
    02-07-13 07:22 AM
    There are threads (and reports) of the device freezing (on the lock screen or the browser screen) requiring a hard reset.
    Happened to me three times over the weekend. None since then. Has been reported on supportforums.blackberry.com also.
    is this still an issue when you remove it from a holster?

i've had mine for 3 days and i haven't been off it once, lol i'm burnign though battery playign games and having fun with the phone and haven't had any issues so far with freezing, a few slight hiccups but no lock ups or freezings like i used to get when OS7 before the 7.1 update
    02-07-13 07:28 AM
    I thought the micro kernel design was supposed to prevent this type of thing. The app that caused the problem would be killed and the OS would continue on.
    So were we lied to or what?
    yeah but if its the main interface it would crash out the app. there kernel might keep runnign but it would dump out everythign connected to the main app so a reset would happen, if it was a game app crashign and bugging it would just shut down, but the main system might take a while to and most people prob won't wait more then 20 second before pulling the battery. another thing is the screen orientation is locked in landscape or portrait its not a crash its a glitch and the process won't shut down it can still run without issues but its harder to see, its not something kernel will see as an issue
    02-07-13 07:33 AM
    No freezing or even lagging. Mine has been super fast and responsive. My own issues with it are related to Cal dev and Google.
    02-07-13 09:04 AM
58 123