In the past years one of the biggest problems for RIM (in my opinion) was the freezing/crashing of the OS. One of the reasons why many folks leaved BB here in europe (I live in Italy and Germany).

I have a playbook and a 9900 and I got this problems on both devices. It happens sometimes.. Not everyday, but sometimes.
    Even on the playbook?? It's QNX? Soon it's gonna be BB10??
    And I keep hearing that BB10 dev devices are frequently crashing/freezing too.. Also I've seen this in many demo videos. I know it's not the final version but I'm a little bit worried about it.
    What do you guys think? Is this gonna be a problem? Will RIM fix it in time?

I don't wanna troll or something but I also own an Iphone and the most thing I love is the smoothness and that it doesn't crash or freeze. I hate a lot of things about the iphone that I love on my 9900! I hope that BB10 is THE device with the best of both worlds..

My question goes to the devs who own a dev device. What do you think about this point? Does it happen to you? Do you think we will have a crashin/freezing-free product in a few weeks?

Ciao from europe..
    01-07-13 03:49 AM
    I guess I have been lucky since my playbook has only crashed once since I bought it when it was first released and that was from trying to play an android game. Believe it or not droid and the almighty iphone's have crashed as well so its just not blackberry.

But to answer your question I think BB10 will fix the current BBOS issues.
    01-07-13 03:58 AM
    My Playbook has also only crashed once since I've owned it and that was on OS1, never on OS2.
    I've not heard about Dev Alphas "frequently crashing/freezing", although I've not spoken to a lot of developers who have one and as has been mentionned, it is still only a development version of the software, so I'm not overly worried at this point.

Either way, from my experience with the Playbook (which will dump the problem programme whilst maintaining the OS), it's still HUGELY better than BBOS.

Si.
    01-07-13 04:13 AM
    I haven't rebooted my PlayBook in months, it's very very stable.
    01-07-13 04:24 AM
    I have an iPhone and it crashes all the time. Sometimes I cannot even answer calls because the "swipe to answer" gets stuck and freezes. Sometimes I also lose my phone connection and I have to reset the device.

I have never owned a BB, so I cannot compare.
    01-07-13 04:26 AM
    I use the Dev Alpha non-stop for many hours a day (more than eight!) and it has not crashed on me since maybe September.

End of thread, I'd call that. ;-)
    Lehomer likes this.
    01-07-13 07:22 AM
    I hope so also. Since the last pb update mine has frozen solid 3 times where the only that would get it going was a 3 finger salute.
    01-07-13 07:43 AM
    Same here, no OS crashing on Dev AlphaB. There was 1 app coming from app world that didn't launch at all. I'm guessing it wasn't Gold SDK ready. As for playbook, also rock solid for 1.5 years. I do a full shut down once in a while and fully charge it. Works as good as day 1(browser does crash once in a while but a lot less)

As for BB9900, definitely not as stable as QNX but overall very good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 07:59 AM