09-02-10 10:39 AM
108 ... 2345
tools
    The thing with life in pocket is you put the address you want to go to and that's that. With Amaze and nav4all its put in State, city, town, maybe then it breaks it into townships, and also if it is the USA. Then street and zip and if your luvky it finds it. So far any address I have put in and for different states it has given me directions to there. Even a couple that TomTom said no address for that location. There are no pull down menus to find your city with Lifeinpocket or trying to have to chose. Just type press the button and then when ready start.
    The easiest one I have used so far and I have only been using lifeinpocket 2 days now. Yesterday I deleted it with Google maps because I thought it was screwing up my internet and freezing it. Turns out it was a outage all over the place on the BB internet system.
    I put it back in and going to add BB maps instead of Google and see how it works then. I am impressed with this app and usually I don't keep any 3rd party stuff in my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 11:07 AM
    I just wanted to try the garmin mobile and see if it worked.
    It works. Wonderfully. I don't wanna delete it!!!!

OTA method if you want:
    1. Get bbfilescount to unzip file
    2. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    3. run the 2kb .jad file
    4. Just to try, of course..
    Have any other tips or tricks for installing this? I've loaded the file onto my memory card and my phone will not let me install by clicking on the .jad file.
    11-23-09 11:31 PM
    I am beginning to think that for the ones that cost, Garmin overall is the best deal.

At $80 / 12 = $6.66n a month for the first year and then becomes free.

All the others are month indefinitely.

Am I correct in thinking that Garmin is a one time charge?
    I have Garmin and I thought it was a yearly cost! You have to pay every year when your renewal comes around? I would love to find out that I am wrong and It is for the life of my blackberry Bold!!!
    Last edited by aming63; 11-24-09 at 01:31 AM.
    11-24-09 01:17 AM
    Hey, quick question. I have several OTA links for different versions of TeleNav GPS Navigator, some AT&T branded, some not, and then there is the brand new one. I'd like to be able to download it and save the file vs. automatically installing it every time. Is there a "downloader" app or something like that?

Thank you very much!
    11-24-09 03:03 AM
    do you have garmin for 8310@? thank you
    12-01-09 10:54 PM
    thanks a lot buddy
    12-08-09 12:29 PM
    LifeInPocket is about the only free turn-by-turn gps left. Nav4All will go to a pay system at the end of the month.
    Just downloaded last night and works pretty good so far. There are a lot of features such as video, I haven't get chance to try. Will share with you guys later.

Used to use Amze which is poorly designed but better than Nav4All while at the middle of my trip, it stopped working and asked me to pay. They should tell us in advance if they want to charge us!

Same thing with Gokivo. I got trapped twice already.
    12-10-09 12:15 PM
    TomTom when your driving and lifeinpocket for when I walk or if I am with someone with out GPS while driving.
    Also LifeinPocket was very helpful when the upgrade didn't go right. Almost instant help through email. for the couple of months I have been using it, I find it gets a plus rating on usage and support
    The only failure I had was with ATT and their inability to give me coverage in Manhattan and other cities I have had no service.

12-10-09 12:55 PM
    TomTom when your driving and lifeinpocket for when I walk or if I am with someone with out GPS while driving.
    Also LifeinPocket was very helpful when the upgrade didn't go right. Almost instant help through email. for the couple of months I have been using it, I find it gets a plus rating on usage and support
    The only failure I had was with ATT and their inability to give me coverage in Manhattan and other cities I have had no service.

I have same experience! They are very good and the more I use it the more I addict to it.

I am having enough confidence tol remove Telenav from my BB to save $10 a month and to save 5 MB app memory now.
    12-10-09 01:45 PM
    how can i install garmin to blackberry curve 8900
    12-13-09 06:57 PM
    Don't be silly. If u bought your Garmin app from Garmin and its the same phone, all u have to do is re download the app and their server will recognize your phone right away. Garmin Mobile: Built for BlackBerry
    If u bought from Handango, u just contact them for the code.

Hi mate. Do you have the same link but for the europe version? My garmin app deleted itself after an OS update and can't find where to download it again!

12-13-09 07:28 PM
    Been using Amaze GPS 4.5 on my 9700 and it still works great! Doesn't have street names on the voice prompts, but it does have a nice 3D view that works well.

Just got done using it for a week long trip in NY and it worked perfectly. Only problem I found was that it didn't like to use the TSP without me just driving to it.
    12-14-09 03:19 AM
    tank all of you very much
    12-14-09 05:15 AM
    hey all..im new to the forum...im just wondering..so whats the best gps to load onto the blackberry bold 9700
    03-28-10 12:21 PM
    so Nav4all is done for now. I d/l Amaze and it seems far from free. When I try to get directions, I get a prompt asking me to buy the full version, and that it's only a demo. Going to give Lifeinpocket a try now. Any new developments in the free voice-guided gps game?
    03-31-10 09:18 AM
    damn, I just read that lifeinpocket only supports the US. I'm in Canada
    03-31-10 09:29 AM
    damn, I just read that lifeinpocket only supports the US. I'm in Canada
    download Telmap 5 beta its free right now, while in beta
    03-31-10 10:24 AM
    I'm in the telmap beta program since the 4.5 version. I got the 5.0 version and had problems. Specifically,

1. I could only put in an address for the state I'm in (Illinois).
    2. I no longer got turn by turn directions.

If I'm to upgrade to this new version,

1. Are these problems solved?
    2. As a beta tester, will I still get the program for free as long as I continue using it?/FONT]
    03-31-10 10:28 AM
    I signed up for it, but never got an email or a text with a code. how long does it take to get it?
    04-01-10 09:32 AM
    nm. It was in my spam folder....
    04-01-10 09:38 AM
    great appz out thier jus some are not so great

04-15-10 07:45 PM
    trying to download now.thanks

04-15-10 07:55 PM
    my garmin stop working, what is the problem anybody know?
    05-23-10 07:31 AM
    how can i get the link
    05-23-10 07:34 AM
    Link should be accessible after reply.
    05-27-10 10:33 PM
108 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD