AmAzeGPS is IMO the best free voice guided GPS available!
    What makes it so much better then the others listed?
    09-14-09 08:22 AM
    Anyone know where the setting isGokivo to have the voice transmitted through your bluetooth ?? Thanks... I can't seem to find it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 07:43 PM
    The new release is more powerful and feature rich than any other nav app. It also offers features of Poynt, Viigo while faster and more powerful.
    Have you tried Gokivo?
    11-12-09 09:22 PM
    I upgraded Gokivo and now I get a trial period message and will have to pay for the new version.. Anyone know how i can get the old (FREE) version back ????
    11-13-09 12:40 PM
    Shooot... I'm trying ATT nav right now.. Its pretty cool

11-13-09 05:08 PM
    I am still using the free Gokivo. I am thinking I should not upgrade...

Has anyone tried LifeinPocket?

LifeInPocket GPS Mobile Application & Services - Your life in your pocket
    11-13-09 06:47 PM
    I am still using the free Gokivo. I am thinking I should not upgrade...

Has anyone tried LifeinPocket?

Someone hook a brotha up with the files or ota link for the free Gokivo ?
    I made the mistake of hitting the upgrade button !!!

11-13-09 07:16 PM
    I also found this one We-Travel

WeTravel

Thank you tiffanyjon,

When you install LifeinPocket, does it come loaded with Google Maps or must they be installed separately?

Brian
    11-13-09 08:15 PM
    I use telemap (free) which has a much more updated interface than the old free amazegps
    11-13-09 10:28 PM
    looks like our days of using Gokivo for free are finally over. My wife's Curve had the little App World alert that she had an upgrade waiting, and I noticed one of the features the new version provided is "support for monthly billing."

...thought to myself "that's a feature I can live without" and elected not to upgrade. But when I started the free version she already had, it said the free trial period is now over and there's an upgrade waiting for her that will give her another 14 days to try it or free. I fear the App World alert on my Bold will be coming any day now.

Here's the thing. I LOVE Gokivo. It's good enough I'd support the company that made it, except that I almost never use it, and when I do, I could have just mapped my route ahead of time with Google. Is it nicer to have turn-by-turn, and a fun app to play with? You bet! But I only really plot a course once a month or so. I don't know what they'll be charging, but I do know it's monthly, so even if it's a reasonable $5 per month, that would be $5 per use for me.

Looks like I'll be checking out LifeInPocket and telemap.
    11-14-09 04:52 AM
    Amaze GPS is also not free anymore!
    Wow, really? It better be a lot better than it was the last time I tried it. It was NOT worth money at the time. Was always sending me the long way around three sides of a block when I could have just driven one block along the fourth side. It didn't say street names so it was easy to miss turns, and no matter how I had the settings, it always told me to get off the highway every time I got on it. So if I was going somewhere that really did require or make the most sense using the highway, it would just sit in a constant loop of "exit highway in .2 miles.... recalculating route."

And why are the P and Q keys menu and back? We already have a key for each of those things. I think amAze really is amazing, but not in the sense they were probably going for. Amazing they think they can charge money for that, perhaps.
    11-14-09 04:58 AM
    I agree with you digitalb0y. I do not use them enough to pay for them. However, they are nice when I need them.

I think we will always have some options...

Here are some to look into:

Telmap Navigator
    http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/

LifeInPocket

Where
    BlackBerry Application - Free GPS App for Curve, Tour, Storm & 8900 | WHERE

We-Travel
    WeTravel

Brian
    Last edited by Sapient; 11-16-09 at 01:28 PM.
    11-14-09 07:28 AM
    11-14-09 07:38 AM
    Is that Garmin app free? I looked at the post and couldnt figure out how to DL it ..
    xTheTinManx,
    You have to register with the site and actually post a reply to the thread to see the download attachments.

----

Garmin Mobile 5.0.5 Full for Blackberry Bold 9000

Working 100%

*** Hidden to non-reply visitors ***

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments Or attachments have hidden Unless Replying this Thread can demonstrate.

------

When you register, let them know I sent you via my email address and they give me beans. [email protected]

God knows I need more beans in my life...

Thanks,
    Brian
    11-14-09 08:02 AM
    xTheTinManx,
    You have to register with the site and actually post a reply to the thread to see the download attachments.

----

Garmin Mobile 5.0.5 Full for Blackberry Bold 9000

Working 100%

*** Hidden to non-reply visitors ***

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments Or attachments have hidden Unless Replying this Thread can demonstrate.

------

When you register, let them know I sent you via my email address and they give me beans. [email protected]

God knows I need more beans in my life...

Thanks,
    Brian
    LOL.. ok, so register. then i'll be able to DL it and its completely free??
    11-14-09 08:03 AM
    It reads that way. I have not tried it yet. I still have the Gokivo free and will keep until they force me off.

I did use Garmin cracked with my BlackJack and loved it. The maps were local to my card and it was great.

I am not sure of the details on this one.

----

You have to register and you have to reply to the thread.... Just registering will not do it.

Brian
    11-14-09 08:07 AM
    It reads that way. I have not tried it yet. I still have the Gokivo free and will keep until they force me off.

I did use Garmin cracked with my BlackJack and loved it. The maps were local to my card and it was great.

I am not sure of the details on this one.

----

You have to register and you have to reply to the thread.... Just registering will not do it.

Brian
    Ok, gonna give it a shot now.. thanks bro.
    11-14-09 08:09 AM
    I got it working.. Thx bro..
    11-14-09 08:39 AM
    Let me know how it works out. I will be moving to Garmin when Gokivo catches up with me.

A bit of a side question... Where do you add your location for your profile? I looked through my Control Panel and could not find where to specify it????

Thanks,
    11-14-09 08:43 AM
    Not sure on that one... I signed up real quick like.... :

11-14-09 10:34 AM
    Garmin works great.I installed it yesterday.I'm just worried about the battery life.Is this going to drain the battery??????
    11-14-09 11:21 PM
    Not sure on that one... I signed up real quick like.... :

I was referring to this forum on the location question...
    11-14-09 11:32 PM
    Garmin works great.I installed it yesterday.I'm just worried about the battery life.Is this going to drain the battery??????
    Of course it will... To some extent anyways. No different then any other application that would continuously run.

Good reason to have a car charger...
    11-14-09 11:34 PM
    i recently updated my phone and it erase my beloved garmin gps,and i dont feel like spending a hundred dollars to get it.is there a free voice guided gps out there for my bold?
    Dude, get them to give you another reg. code for your new BlackBerry. They usually do it once! Nothing free will come close to TeleNav or Garmin as far as voice-guided GPS apps. Google Maps is supposed to have it soon, but again, it won't have all the cool stuff, so get another code!
    11-14-09 11:51 PM
    Gramin Mobile GPS increased my battery life from 1.5 days to 3 weeks before recharge!!!

11-15-09 03:41 PM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD