create an account, then go to the site on your phone, then go from there. try that first, then report back
    12-12-09 08:35 AM
    Good ole poynt with BB maps for me. BB maps is always up to date and rotates as you drive.
    12-12-09 08:51 AM
    Interesting article, I am using Life In Pocket. It's pretty nice.

Used to use Gokivo, it's nice but it's $10 a month. Amaze is pretty lousy but works 80% of the time if you have patience to play with it's ugly and hard to use UI. Amaze is no longer free anyway.
    Amaze 4.5 is still free, just not the 5.0 version. I still use mine quite frequently, sure it's a little "touch" sensitive, need to work on that, but overall I think until GMaps with turn by turn voice for BB is available, I think Amaze still has the best "visually" maps with 3d or 2d and tbt voice, for a "FREE" none subscription app anyway. I tried "LifeInPocket" and it definitely has a lot of potential, just think the navigation and voice instructions have some work still needed, although I definitely like the other options it has to offer. Just my 2 cents worth.

THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ABOVE ARE THOSE OF "MINE" AND IN NO WAY IMPLYING THEY ARE OF OTHERS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, THEN DON'T READ THEM
    12-12-09 09:27 AM
    Lifeinpocket rocks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's better than those $10 a month nav app I used before.
    12-12-09 01:42 PM
    The Amaze 4.5 on my BB stopped working a while ago. I don't really like Amaze anyway. The search function doesn't work, the UI is hard to use and the look is terrible. My 8 years old would do a better job. They should fire their graphic designer.
    12-12-09 01:48 PM
    It's funny how people come on here saying they can do a better job, yet none of them ever backup their statements and PROVE it!

To each their own I guess.
    12-12-09 03:21 PM
    Missing one big feature....MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-12-09 03:52 PM
    Amaze 4.5 is still free, just not the 5.0 version. I still use mine quite frequently, sure it's a little "touch" sensitive, need to work on that, but overall I think until GMaps with turn by turn voice for BB is available, I think Amaze still has the best "visually" maps with 3d or 2d and tbt voice, for a "FREE" none subscription app anyway. I tried "LifeInPocket" and it definitely has a lot of potential, just think the navigation and voice instructions have some work still needed, although I definitely like the other options it has to offer. Just my 2 cents worth.

THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ABOVE ARE THOSE OF "MINE" AND IN NO WAY IMPLYING THEY ARE OF OTHERS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, THEN DON'T READ THEM
    Would u happen to have a link to the Amaze 4.5? I tried putting the 9530 link on my 9550 but it didn't work.

12-12-09 05:18 PM
    Would u happen to have a link to the Amaze 4.5? I tried putting the 9530 link on my 9550 but it didn't work.

Amaze GPS 4.5 for 9550
    12-12-09 11:07 PM
    Is it just me, or is Amaze not free anymore? It keeps asking me to upgrade...
    12-13-09 12:22 AM
    I was able to Download it and install, but it doesn't run for me.
    12-13-09 02:58 AM
    Is it just me, or is Amaze not free anymore? It keeps asking me to upgrade...
    4.5 is free but sucks
    5.0 is not free and not worth the money
    12-14-09 09:15 AM
    come on, all you guys saying are all wrong, all the freaking voice navigations ain't free, they all want money to register or upgrade............ we-travel amaze nav4all I had downloaded all the applications and installed, finally they all want money, come on guys, don't say something not true just waste our time..........
    10-10-10 11:44 PM
    come on, all you guys saying are all wrong, all the freaking voice navigations ain't free, they all want money to register or upgrade............ we-travel amaze nav4all I had downloaded all the applications and installed, finally they all want money, come on guys, don't say something not true just waste our time..........
    How about reading the whole thread instead of just the title. BTW thanks for wasting our time on a thread that is almost a year old newb! Yes there have been and are still a few completely free that were not even discussed here. Now move along!

10-11-10 12:01 AM
    Damn just wasted 15 minutes of my life on a thread that was a year old cause some shmuck decided to dredge it up and didnt read the whole thing himself.

grr
    10-11-10 10:08 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD