I've had trouble with most of the free gps apps, usually finding out that they're worth every penny I've paid

I've still found the free Google Maps (even with just cell tower triangulation) is still the best. - though my storm gets actual GPS on it.
    12-05-09 09:09 AM
    I have tried many navigation apps, even a few that are not free. I still like Amaze 4.5.

While none of the software I tried was perfect, Amaze comes very close. The buttons are a little funky, requiring you to use the "@" key for "enter" and the "#" key for "escape" and the software does not tell you if your destination is on your right or left when you arrive there, but other than that, it is top-notch software. It even has 3d sattelite maps with turn by turn directions. The female navagation voice is very clear over bluetooth and when plugged in to the aux input of my car audio. The gps is very accurate (just about every time, when the software tells me "in 500 feet, turn right.", I am reaching for my turn signal already.)
    12-19-09 11:33 AM
    Thanks, this was helpful to me
    12-21-09 06:44 AM
    AmaZe is no longer free as of 2010. Even though I liked it, I was never able to get it to give me the vocal alerts via Bluetooth (which would have been excellent).
    Currently I am trying out Telmap which has a free trial period (I am told 14 days, not verified though).
    I liked the voice on AmaZe better but both would be fine if I could get my BB to send me the voice alerts via my Bluetooth.
    Any help is truly appreciated.
    -watchin-
    12-30-09 12:39 AM
    Will GPS work with the 8520?
    12-30-09 10:30 AM
    Amaze started charging a while ago. Tellmap is not free. Nav4All will not be free after tomorrow, their web site said free until 1/1/2010 which is day after tomorrow.

Those are not well designed apps anyway.
    12-30-09 04:11 PM
    Amaze started charging a while ago. Tellmap is not free. Nav4All will not be free after tomorrow, their web site said free until 1/1/2010 which is day after tomorrow.

Those are not well designed apps anyway.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Everyones entitled to their opinion, just as you don't like them, others do!

Personally, I'm still using Amaze 4.5 for FREE with my Storm 2 and have had no problems with it and think its a great little program. As with anything in life it could use some upgrading, but considering I'm not paying ten bucks a month for Vz's Navigator, I'm not complaining.
    01-02-10 06:31 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD