View Poll Results: Which option should I choose?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm 1 (Free)

0 0%
  • Tour (Free)

6 40.00%
  • Storm 2 (Discount)

9 60.00%
    Here's the scenario:

I got a Curve 8330 in January. I'd originally intended to get a Storm, but didn't like it when I played with it in the store.

My husband and his parents (currently on Sprint) are about to come on to a family plan with me on Verizon, and my husband wants a Tour, so we have the option to get a Storm 1 or another Tour free.

My mom (existing Verizon customer) is also going to join my account, and she is eligible for an upgrade but does not want a new phone.

The Verizon rep told me I could use my mom's upgrade to switch my Curve to the free Tour or Storm 1, since my phone is not currently eligible for an upgrade.

I'd heard that the Storm 1 had become a lot better since January, and was very pleased with the one I picked up and played with over the weekend in the Verizon store. However, I am really intrigued by the Storm 2.

So, do I use the upgrade now, and get a Storm 1 or Tour for myself for free, or do I wait and see how everyone likes the Storm 2 and use the upgrade later for that even though I'll have to pay for it (with a discount)?

I suppose I could get a Tour now, and if the Storm 2 is awesome I could buy one at retail and sell the Tour...

Please help me decide what to do! And if someone has already posted this exact same thing, let me know.
    Last edited by xfuchsiax; 09-08-09 at 11:50 AM.
    09-08-09 11:42 AM
    Nothing beat FREE. ha :P

i'd say go with a tour, my cousin has it and he was coming from a storm and he loves that he switched due to it has a full qwerty keyboard. It is overall the best BB device that Verizon currently holds.

Hope this helps you decide.

Rlacsamana19
    09-08-09 01:08 PM
    It really depends on what you like. If you like having a real keyboard then go with the Tour. If you like a touch keyboard I would go with the Storm 2.
    09-08-09 01:26 PM
    Go for the free Tour, and pay full retail for the Storm 2. Sell your Tour here, craigslist, or ebay and use the proceeds towards the Storm 2. You should sell it for $300 and better, especially if it's in great condition.
    09-08-09 01:29 PM
    I would wait for the Storm 2 to come out, if I were you. Unless your current phone is falling apart and you absolutely need a new phone today...
    Rumor has it the phone should be out sometime next month, or maybe Nov. 1-2months is not that bad a wait
    09-08-09 01:40 PM
    You are already on a great BB, that you know well. Rather than learn a new one (I know it's not THAT hard) and then do that again in 1 to 2 months. I would just wait for the Storm 2.
    09-08-09 01:44 PM
    Really hard to say until the S2 comes out. As a Tour owner, I would say get a Tour, but if the S2 is awesome, decisions, decisions.
    09-08-09 01:45 PM
    I'd say wait for the Storm 2 if you're that interested in it. You've got a Curve now, which we all know is a great little workhorse! Save that upgrade, get a good deal on the Storm 2 (preferably after the initial, inevitable launch kinks are worked out!), and until then, keep chuggin' along with your Curve. I noticed you said you didn't care for the original Storm, though, so the Tour might be something to consider -- from all I read, the Storm 2 is better than the Storm 1, but it's still fundamentally a Storm, so I guess you have to figure out if you'll like it. If not, go for the Tour at that point.
    Last edited by CNYBlackBerryAddict; 09-08-09 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Just a little more thinking added...
    09-08-09 01:57 PM
    Thanks for the replies so far.

When I played with a Storm 1 in a store this past weekend, it seemed greatly improved over the original in January, which is why its even made it into the running. I've never used a touchscreen BB before, but it definitely seems like its something I might be into.
    09-08-09 04:25 PM
    If you've used a Curve for 8 months you're better off with the free phone with
    the physical keyboard. Voted Tour here.
    09-08-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD