first off, i have been looking everywhere for a decent gps system for my storm that has voice turn etc but i am yet to find one that WORKS on my storm, and has the voice directions.

second, i am a newbie and am curious as to what geocaching is?
    my guess was using maps without data but am not sure?
    04-12-09 07:18 PM
    Telenav is pretty.
    04-12-09 07:21 PM
    Telenav is pretty.
    yeah but is it free?
    04-12-09 07:36 PM
    yeah but is it free?
    Not likely.

If you want something good, your gonna have to pay for it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 07:44 PM
    what are the names of some free ones?
    04-12-09 08:13 PM
    Geocaching is a game or sport. You have the lat/long coordinates of a place where someone has hidden a cache. The cache can be anything including a note or some kind of item(s). You use a gps to zero in on the location.

See a thread on Black* (Blackstar) a feebie geocaching app.
    04-12-09 11:16 PM
    ..Or you can go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site and learn about geocaching.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 04:25 AM
    Are there any geocaching apps out there that anyone knows of? Besides Blackstar...I am jealous of the iPhone app and would gladly pay money for something like that on the storm!
    04-22-09 03:05 PM
    Do you have some objections to Blackstar? I'm at least interested in finding out about it.
    04-24-09 11:49 AM
    I just started playing with BlackStar for Geocaching Blackstar Navigation - A free geocaching hiking and navigational utility for BlackBerry devices

Does anyone have any experiences with it?
    04-24-09 09:05 PM
    if your looking for a free GPS app with spoken turn by turn directions. You may want to check out Amaze GPS... its not the best but it does have voice turn by turn.
    04-24-09 09:15 PM
    He did not say spoken, this is hardly needed for geocaching in my opinion?
    Im trying our BlackStar today, but google maps might do the trick If i can figure out how to save the coords I entered into the search
    Clicking on the spot to save a fave, is at the least, VERY inaccurate.

Edit: blackstar looks great. Will use that for today's gc'ing
    Last edited by mbvdlza; 04-26-09 at 07:30 AM. Reason: oooh
    04-26-09 07:25 AM
    @ktollison:

I have a Storm on Verizon as well, did Blackstar work for you?

Thanks,

Tom
    04-28-09 10:52 AM
    I thought blackstar would do the trick but I tried to geocache with it today and it was way off...

Probably need to buy something. I wish the garmin software for the bb let you enter coordinates. It sure works great for driving directions.
    07-25-09 11:23 AM
    go under back star navigation's options and make sure you are entering the coordinates in the right format!

DUH!
    07-25-09 02:40 PM
    I use the an app called Cacheberry. It has a compass feature that works good and also a new feature called radar. I like it cause I can go paperless caching with my storm. It does cost but like $15.
    10-06-09 12:22 AM
    Cacheberry is pretty cool. I have used it with my bluetooth GPS and it works pretty well. It's nice because you can get the hint, cache description and last logs if you are in a data coverage area. I've only found a few caches with it. It's nice cause you can download the GPX directly from GeoCaching.com. I don't see it replacing my handheld anytime soon, but it's great in a pinch.
    10-11-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD