Just curious to get some opinions on how you guys feel RIM will handle this. The Dec 31 deadline is but a month away now that we are on Dec 1, but only 4-5 of the apps on the free list have been released.

Do you guys feel...
    a. They will extend the deadline in order to accomidate getting the free apps available,
    b. In a last minute surge of productivity get them all out in the last few weeks of the window, or
    c. Just renege on the offer and have a statement explaining they wont be made available???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-11 08:13 AM
    They have released more apps. At least new ones appear for me including Nobex radio, photo editor ultimate, simcity deluxe, and the sims 3
    12-01-11 08:19 AM
    They now have 12 apps listed:

• SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
    • Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
    • N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
    • Texas Hold’em Poker 2 - Gameloft
    • Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
    • Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
    • DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
    • iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
    • Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
    • Nobex Radio™ Premium - Nobex
    • Shazam Encore - Shazam
    • Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

Have never paid for an App before, so I've always assumed that Paid Apps must work a lot better and be free from memory leaks and battery issues. I guess that isn't really the case. RIM should have picked apps that were total problem free to help highlight their devices.
    12-01-11 08:38 AM
    My list only shows 9, even after a RST.

I don't have NOVA, Texas Holdem, and iSpeech
    12-01-11 10:42 AM
    Just curious to get some opinions on how you guys feel RIM will handle this. The Dec 31 deadline is but a month away now that we are on Dec 1, but only 4-5 of the apps on the free list have been released.

Do you guys feel...
    a. They will extend the deadline in order to accomidate getting the free apps available,
    b. In a last minute surge of productivity get them all out in the last few weeks of the window, or
    c. Just renege on the offer and have a statement explaining they wont be made available???
    I've been wondering about this myself. Not to obtain free apps but about the reception of a missed deadline.

I wonder if the deadline has passed already...
    As far as I knew/thought they would be releasing the apps over a period of 4 weeks.
    That would have been the week ending on November 19th.
    Michelle (MOD) stated that the release period was actually November 30th.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post6847796
    I still believe RIM has edited their page, but I cannot prove this.
    Also, The ending release date of November 30th is 6 weeks NOT 4 weeks as RIM initially stated.

I am hoping the applications on the list that have not presented themselves in AppWorld show soon. I only count 9 available for my device. They have also indicated that more applications that are not on the list will be available for download as well. Obviously, the November 30th date has past already. So maybe they will continue to release them during the available download period through December 31st. IDK.

I would hate to see the backlash from ungrateful people getting something for free.
    RIM was under no obligation to provide these applications anyway.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 12-01-11 at 11:26 AM.
    12-01-11 11:24 AM
    My list only shows 9, even after a RST.

I don't have NOVA, Texas Holdem, and iSpeech
    Same here. I wonder what's up with that?
    12-01-11 12:31 PM
    I don't either
    12-01-11 01:19 PM
    yeah that's cause we have OS7 and nova doesn't work on it.
    12-01-11 01:39 PM
    9550 Storm2
    APP WORLD
    "A Thank You Gift from Blackberry"
    as of Thursday, 12/1/2011 2:00 CST

1) Vlingo

2) Shazam Encore

3) Bejeweled

4) Bubble Bash 2

5) DriveSafely Pro

----------------------------

AS OF 2:12 PM CST

1) Vlingo

2) Shazam Encore

3) Bejeweled

4) Bubble Bash 2

5) DriveSafely Pro

6) SimCity Deluxe

7) Nobex Radio Premium

8) Photo Editor Ultimate

9) The Sims 3

It updated while I was in the process of documenting the offerings...

Thanks RIM, this was a nice gesture and is well recieved!
    12-01-11 02:16 PM
    Don't open the splash screen, open the apps icon below, then open the gift box. There is a lot there!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    12-01-11 02:19 PM
    i was able to download texas holdem and I speech.but i had to search appworld to get them .they were not in my list of thankyou apps.even though both are compatible with my 9930.
    i did not like the texas holdem so i deleted it .i downloaded Nobex and i like it better then slacker.
    12-01-11 03:09 PM

Have never paid for an App before, so I've always assumed that Paid Apps must work a lot better and be free from memory leaks and battery issues. I guess that isn't really the case. RIM should have picked apps that were total problem free to help highlight their devices.
    Would say you assumed wrong there!
    12-01-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD