I would like to see when doing a search for businesses, that the results come up closest to farthest. I noticed that the first result might be 2 miles away and the 4th or 5th result is .5 miles away.
    07-22-10 07:26 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! The search results for these near hundred predefined categories are according to distance as you desired already. Please note you can personalize that.

For custom search criteria, we display by relevance so you don't end up to get a lot of "pet hospital" when search for "hospital".

Cheers,
    07-22-10 07:49 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! The search results for these near hundred predefined categories are according to distance as you desired already. Please note you can personalize that.

For custom search criteria, we display by relevance so you don't end up to get a lot of "pet hospital" when search for "hospital".

Cheers,
    How do I personalize LIP to get the results from closest to farthest?
    07-22-10 09:45 PM
    In "Search Nearby Business" scroll down all the way. The last one is "Personalize Search Criteria.

Search results of all those criteria are listed according to distance.
    07-22-10 10:20 PM
    Please note that LifeInPocket is easy to use and self explanatory!
    Please follow our quick start guide LifeInPocket Quick Start Guide and you will know how to use it. Cheers,
    07-22-10 10:32 PM
    In "Search Nearby Business" scroll down all the way. The last one is "Personalize Search Criteria.

Search results of all those criteria are listed according to distance.
    Still not listing in order of distance. I went to search nearby business, scrolled down to personalize search criteria, put a checkmark in gas stations,clicked on save,then clicked gas stations. The results that come up are NOT in order as far as mileage.Here is a screenshot to prove it. If you call that being in order, then I must be a moron.

07-22-10 10:48 PM
    I can duplicate the issue. Will have our team look into it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

BTW, the image is very nice. How did you do it?
    07-22-10 11:10 PM
    I can duplicate the issue. Will have our team look into it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

BTW, the image is very nice. How did you do it?
    I used the program called BBSAK. You plug your phone into your pc, open BBSAK, pull up whatever you want to take a screenshot of on the phone, then choose the screenshot option on BBSAK.
    07-22-10 11:18 PM
    That's very nice. Thanks for the info!
    07-22-10 11:26 PM
    One more question please. Is it possible to get more search results than the ones that show up?When using Poynt, there are pages and pages of results as compared to just the one page LIP gives me.
    07-22-10 11:28 PM
    Worked pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 11:39 PM
    > Worked pretty good.
    -Thanks,

> get more search results
    - This is defined by our product marketing team. They concluded that 20 is the optimized number returned users want based on various reasons and feedback. Will pass your input to our PM team.
    07-23-10 12:04 AM
    I've tried life in pocket for turn by turn voice navigation. Here are my criticisms:

1. Navigation inaccurate (sometimes one exit off actual when driving on freeway)
    2. Doesn't readjust directions if you miss a turn.
    3. Goes to wrong location (address locations incorrect to actual)
    4. Voice commands were a bit confusing due to grammar and long pauses in speech.

Nav4All was a similar free voice nav app that was heads above in terms of reliability in navigation... Not sure if this is a programming issue...

I sport a Storm II and have used Garmin Mobile, Telenav, Nav4All, Amaze with no problems.
    Last edited by ocgreenmachine; 07-26-10 at 08:07 PM.
    07-26-10 06:32 PM
    I am not familiar with Nav4All. Just when to the web site Worldwide Mobile Phone Navigation and Tracking & Tracing - Nav4All it says "Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 28-01-2010 16:30 ..... Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq".

I cancelled VZ Navigator three months ago to save $10 a months. I have been using LifeInPocket since then. Just like VZ Navigator, it's not perfect but works great for me.

What I like most are the local search, traffic report and those features not supported by VZ Navigator.
    07-26-10 10:01 PM
    when releasing for the blackberry playbook???
    12-26-11 08:59 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD