Joe,

You are probably not updated on the event you mentioned. The investigation conducted with the help of Crackberry Forums has concluded there's only one possible RoadComm employee in their list.

However CB has later informed us that he's a legitimate CB user with no involvement of any activities that would discredit our company thus CB has lifted his ban.

As stated, there's no perfect navigation map, we need users to provide input for any error so we can have our map vendor fix them. Please email detail route info to us if you did encounter error.

In the market, there are only 2 major nav map suppliers.

There are many long time CB users share they positive experience with LifeInPocket, please do not insult them!

Again this thread has lost it's purpose of helping users and it helps no one so far.

Edit: LifeInPocket supports both Google/BB Maps, if arrow mode navigation is not your preference, you may open the destination address using BB/Google maps.

We appreciate beta feedbackn like this but public forums are never the right place for beta feedback! When you provide beta feed back, you will need to do that under our agreement so you assign your right of your idea to us under the agreement.

Sign-in to https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ to provide beta feedback in the future!

There may be some good input in the forums but we may not be able to take them because of right issue. Feedback through our Beta Feedback channel is always welcomed
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-25-10 at 05:33 PM.
    02-18-10 06:31 AM
    LIP is an interesting concept works fast and does a lot. Only roadcomm knows where this is going but I wish them luck. A good app, paid or free is always welcome. Right features, right price I would pay for this, but it would have to work as flawlessly as VZ NAV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 06:35 AM
    Joe,

You are probably not updated on the event you mentioned. The investigation conducted with the help of Crackberry Forums has concluded there's only one possible RoadComm employee in their list.

However CB has later informed us that he's a legitimate CB user with no involvement of any activities that would discredit our company thus CB has lifted his ban.

As stated, there's no perfect navigation map, we need users to provide input for any error so we can have our map vendor fix them. Please email detail route info to us if you did encounter error.

In the market, there are only 2 major nav map suppliers.

There are many long time CB users share they positive experience with LifeInPocket, please do not insult them!

Again this thread has lost it's purpose of helping users and it helps no one.
    I am not insulting anybody! If anything, it is you who is insulting the CB users. I am giving MY OPINION of the app, not debating other CB users!

Instead of trying to bash people and push blame left and right, try actually helping them without your quotes and try to act professionally.

And doesn't seem to me that the purpose of this thread you started was to help anybody but yourself.
    02-18-10 06:50 AM
    .... How are we supposed to search for a business,and I'm talking about finding a specific business,not looking for nearby ones?The only thing I see to use is the search button on the main screen.I click that and it takes me to the page with a bunch of websites to use.I click on yellow pages and typed in my zip code.Then I did a search for Keystone Volvo and the only thing that shows up are a bunch of cities in different states that begin with the word Keystone.
    The "Search" icon at home page is for specialized search such as flight search, product search, dictionary, public transit search, ... it's not for local search.

The nearby business searches are at,
    1. GPS > Nearby business search
    2. MyLoc > Nearby business search

You can used personalized criteria or type your own. You can search with GPS or addresses. Press on "Wal-Mart" then the result will come up. Select one. You can press "Take me there" to nav by voice or "Map it" to open it BB/Google map or press to view reviews/ratings.

Finally we have a user question in this thread though it's not GPS related.

EDIT: We will be glad to help users with question like this but public forums are never the right place for beta feedback! When you provide beta feed back, you will need to do that under our agreement so you can you assign the right of your idea to us under the agreement. Brilliant ideas are always welcomed!

Sign-in to https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ to provide beta feedback in the future to avoid right issue!
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-25-10 at 05:35 PM.
    02-18-10 07:50 AM
    The "Search" icon at home page is for specialized search such as flight search, product search, dictionary, public transit search, ... it's not for local search.

You can used personalized criteria or type your own. You can search with GPS or addresses.

EDIT: We will be glad to help users with question like this but public forums are never the right place for beta feedback! When you provide beta feed back, you will need to do that under our agreement and you assign your right to us under the agreement. Brilliant ideas are always welcomed!

Sign-in to https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ to provide beta feedback in the future to avoid right issue!
    Your answer to lennie paz was helpful and I'm sure others trying your app would find this useful as well. Is that not the purpose of a public forum? It seems as long as the comments are positive or self-serving, they flow on endlessly, but if there is a negative or even constructive criticism then we see "This thread is now closed as it no longer serves any good purpose"

I find myself both amused and confused by by the inconsistency of your responses. You have what appears to be a very interesting product and the community here on CrackBerry have some of the most advanced Blackberry users in the world. I would think it to be very beneficial to maintain an open forum about issues and respond with a sense of customer service in mind rather than with distrust and bizarre accusations.

You've obviously put a lot of work into this product and with feedback, both good and bad, you will be able to continually improve LIP.

I don't think anyone wants to see more quotes from happy and amazed customers... that should be for us to decide, with your help and assistance along the way.
    02-18-10 08:23 AM
    LIP is an interesting concept works fast and does a lot. Only roadcomm knows where this is going but I wish them luck. A good app, paid or free is always welcome. Right features, right price I would pay for this, but it would have to work as flawlessly as VZ NAV.

Thanks for the input! If you see anything can help us make LifeInPocket better, please provide beta feedback at https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/

Here is reputable tech editor Carolyn J Dawson’s unbiased view published at top tech magazine TMCnet.

Provided free of cost, LifeInPocket bestows a greater degree of functionality to BlackBerrys than any smart phone. The added list of features include GPS, voice navigation, local listing/reviews, satellite map, location messaging, friends/family locator, street view, Twitter, e-mail, IMs, Facebook,MySpace ( News - Alert), LinkedIn, YouTube, cheap gas finder, news, video, traffic, local events music, movies, local events, TV guide, weather, finance, banking, sports, flights, magazines, fashions, transportation, travel, yellow/white pages, dictionary, translation, the Bible and much more instant information and services.
    LifeInPocket also incorporates one of the most cutting edge turn-by-turn navigation instructions with useful voice guidance. By making use of synced address book,BlackBerry ( News - Alert) address book and its unique online trip planning tool, LifeInPocket Navigation completely does away with the requirement for typing on miniscule keyboards. It is also far superior to other expensive phone navigation services available in the market currently.
    CES attendees will now be equipped with the world's only personalized GPS/address-based local search that has more than 15 million points of interest. They can also go through other visitors' reviews and ratings which have been uploaded just minutes before getting into new restaurants, car repair shops or other businesses using voice navigation during the conference.
    Much more robust than traditional SMS, CES attendees can transmit their GPS locations in real time with a message to family/friends to bring peace of mind and be better connected with them. Other than mobile features, almost all the services that are used daily with a PC are available with LifeInPocket.
    The only mobile application/services platform of its kind, LifeInPocket paves the way ahead for the next generation of application and services by offering the power of expensive smart phones to regular cell phones, making smart phones even more functional and giving BlackBerrys the ultimate position to reign.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-20-10 at 06:58 PM.
    02-18-10 08:26 AM
    Now RCBT has you direct your thoughts to there beta feedback whcih is on their site and does not allow you to see other posts. Simply submit your thoughts and it disappears in the hands of RoadComm.

If you didn't want people's thoughts on the products, you should have not started a thread, especially in CB. Most developers start threads here for feedback, good or bad because the know CB users are dedicated and have insightful ideas and opinions which could better their product.

I have deleted this app, somewhat because of the app itself, which I find could be a very useful app, with a little work, but becuase of the way RCBT has been handling CB user's thoughts, suggestions, praise and complaints. Again, very unproffessional. Someone else will come out with an app just like this one. I'll try them instead.
    02-18-10 08:38 AM
    Edit: Updated on 02/19/2010
    We apologize for our replies letting some people feel offended which led to angry and emotional posts and we applaud Xopher for taking positive steps to end these emotions to move this thread toward positive direction.

Hi Xopher, Thanks for the new post for sharing your frustration as you felt you were offended. We apologize for the confrontation we had and look forward to more balanced views from you
    !
    First, if anyone has thought my remarks were personal, I apologize. ...

I think we need to work on directing this thread towards the use of the software. Hopefully the developer will do the same.
    The reason we are here is to help user to understand how to use this app. After all, this app is packed with the features of tens of apps. A little guide will get you start quickly.

Please note that us, the beta team is only the front end people to help user understand and using our app!

The review of feedback and response to feedback are done by multiple departments and we cannot respond to beta feedback at public forums. So please provide your brilliant idea to our team at https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ so we can response to you.

This is not unique for us but true for all well structured companies. We know, a lot of small or one man developers being doing open forum feedback at CB but I may be fired if I do so.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-25-10 at 05:36 PM.
    02-18-10 09:21 AM
    "The reason we are here is to help user to understand how to use this app."
    Excuse me...WHERE and WHEN???
    I must be blind.

The only person who gave suggestions how to use your application was Xopher ....
    I think you guys had lots of chances to start helping but you choose to keep bragging.
    Whenever discussion comes to that point where it could have some values - you guys decide to close it or give us your std BS about the confidentiality and rights of the person to their ideas.... I have to admit that this approach is quite unique in w/o any background. You are trying to use this forum for your own agenda/propaganda and for everybody's benefit we shell allow you and maybe even encourage you to withdraw from the discussion as you bring ZERO value.

Forum will continue discussing LIP as it feels appropriate w/o RoadComm interference.
    02-18-10 11:00 AM

You can used personalized criteria or type your own. You can search with GPS or addresses. Press on "Wal-Mart" then the result will come up. Select one. You can press "Take me there" to nav by voice or "Map it" to open it BB/Google map or press to view reviews/ratings.

Finally we have a user question in this thread though it's not GPS related.

EDIT: We will be glad to help users with question like this but public forums are never the right place for beta feedback! When you provide beta feed back, you will need to do that under our agreement so you can you assign the right of your idea to us under the agreement. Brilliant ideas are always welcomed!

So how would I search for Keystone Volvo?
    02-18-10 05:54 PM
    So how would I search for Keystone Volvo?
    There are other ways to do so but these are the easiest way
    1. GPS > Search Nearby Business
    2. MyLoc > Search Nearby Business

For example,

MyLoc > Search Nearby Business > Enter Custom Search Criteria > Enter "Keystone Volvo" or "Volvo" > Press on "Volvo"

For most business search such as Hilton, Starbucks, library, convenience stores, etc. you won't need to type. You can use "Personalized Search" to one click search which is kind of convenient.

Let me know if you need further assistance!
    02-18-10 06:25 PM
    If you are not sure, before starting navigation, you may do couple things before navigation,
    - Press �Get driving directions� to view route before navigation.
    - Press �Map it� to open the destination address on Google/BB Maps. You can run LIP and Google/BB Maps at the same time and switch them between fore ground and background. We don�t believe moving maps can work reliably with current cellular infrastructure so we cannot enable moving maps yet.
    - From LIP, you can open Google/BB Maps with any GPS location or address. You can use them as your backup or simply use them to get driving direction instead of using nav.
    To open Google/BB Maps during nav is not supported with current version.

Business Reviews/ratings covers all businesses includes restaurants.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 03-01-10 at 09:39 PM.
    02-19-10 12:51 PM
    The only comment I'll add is the traffic icon seemed to work without a hitch for me. I have no idea how accurate it is, but I think it gets information from outside sources. Still I noticed the information presented to the phone has been different for different days, based on different locations.
    This is how LIP traffic report screen shot
    02-19-10 12:54 PM
    Always submit your beta feedback at https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/

Thanks,
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 03-01-10 at 09:38 PM.
    02-19-10 04:59 PM
    The Specialized Search icon is very powerful. You can use it to search people (by phone number and reverse search), product price search, local events, flight, job, words, love, the Bible, language, …

Media Features
    Offers Video, Music, Fshion, Photo, Cooking, Entertainment and Sports. They are web features but very handy for example you can view CBS News Show, AP News video, Fox Sprots Video etc. You can use rich contents from top movie contents provider Go 2 Movie, Mr. Movie, Hollywood.com, Fandango, Netflex, ….. You can even make reservation or buy ticket.
    There are many magazines such as Car and Driver, Cover Girl, Elle, Marie Clare, … in various topic for you to choose.
    Media features
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-26-10 at 04:09 PM.
    02-20-10 07:17 PM
    RoadComm: when I try to access the traffic feature it scans satellites (I have a solid lock), searches the database, and then gives me a "Network error: 400 Bad Request". What's up with this??

02-21-10 08:58 AM
    RoadComm: when I try to access the traffic feature it scans satellites (I have a solid lock), searches the database, and then gives me a "Network error: 400 Bad Request". What's up with this??

We are very interested in finding out that. We have received several reports "Network error: 400 Bad Request" all from US Cellular users but it's a very small regional carrier, so we were not able to debug it.

Sprint network shold work find and I just tested with a Sprint 8830 which locks satellite very quickly indoor because we support assisted GPS using Sprint base station PDE assisted GPS data and I didn't have any problem.

Can you let us know what's your exact location so we can work with with Sprint to see if there's particular Sprint Gateway were blocking connection to traffic report server?

Our traffic report is real-time and incorporated all state/federal DOT and other agents' sensor and national police report.

For example, in California. Once CHP officer reported an highway accident, in as fast in 5 seconds, the report will show up in our system.

... the traffic icon seemed to work without a hitch for me.
    Real time traffic report
    02-21-10 10:48 AM

Just realized that you have a 8350i which is not Sprint network. This is an iDen model using Nextel iDen network.

Please advise your location so we can pin down a base station in order to debug with Sprint Nextel.
    02-21-10 10:52 AM
    Just realized that you have a 8350i which is not Sprint network. This is an iDen model using Nextel iDen network.

Please advise your location so we can pin down a base station in order to debug with Sprint Nextel.
    Most 8350i are corporate devices, if it's a corporate device then you may want to check with your IT department to make sure the IT Policy in your BB would not block LIP's connection to all servers.

LifeInPocket is free for personal use only, using LifeInPocket for commercial purpose is against the user agreement and terms of use which is strictly prohibited. If you use it with your corporate device for your personal purpose then it's OK, but if you are using LIP for commercial purpose then your company need to purchase our enterprise product from our Enterprise Product Business Unit.
    02-21-10 05:33 PM
    RoadComm:
    I use my phone for personal pleasure and it is not owned by any business. My account is also a personal account. I live in Lebanon, PA (ZIP: 17046) and yes, I have the BB8350i on the IDEN Nextel network. Your app is pretty fabulous and I wish I could get this GPS issue with the app resolved. Let me know if there is anything else I can help to work this out.
    02-21-10 06:36 PM
    US Cellular is a very small regional carrier, we suspect USC's BIS may be blocking LIP's connection to traffic server. Ask USC to add direct TCP or carrier gateway connection which will allow LIP to connect Internet directly which should solve the issue.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-25-10 at 05:46 PM.
    02-21-10 08:04 PM
    RoadComm:
    I use my phone for personal pleasure and it is not owned by any business. My account is also a personal account. I live in Lebanon, PA (ZIP: 17046) and yes, I have the BB8350i on the IDEN Nextel network. Your app is pretty fabulous and I wish I could get this GPS issue with the app resolved. Let me know if there is anything else I can help to work this out.
    As long as it�s not for commercial use, please feel free to use our app and services for free.

Don�t worry! We will help you get there! From the issue you reported, it's not a GPS issue instead it appears that something is blocking the connection with traffic server. Are you getting same connection error using address (instead of GPS) with,

MyLoc > View Traffic

Do you have connection issue when using our other features? Please advise!

Thanks,
    02-21-10 08:09 PM
    this looks off the charts !!
    02-21-10 08:16 PM
    RoadComm: The traffic portion is not working whether I use the GPS or MyLoc. The cheap gas is not working either. I get bad request for both features. Oddly enough, I am able to search for restaurants and other local businesses using the GPS. Am still testing everything to the fullest and will let you know how I make out.

02-22-10 08:53 AM
    RoadComm: The traffic portion is not working whether I use the GPS or MyLoc. The cheap gas is not working either. I get bad request for both features. Oddly enough, I am able to search for restaurants and other local businesses using the GPS. Am still testing everything to the fullest and will let you know how I make out.

ll BBs from major US carriers are tested and all features works with various of connections.

8350i were never tested with LifeInPocket because it�s mainly a corporate device.

What BB connection you use? Wifi, BIS, BES, WAP1, WAP2, carrier direct, direct TCP or something else? Can you show me what you have in your Service Book? BlackBerry connections are very sophisticate, I am not surprised with 8530i connection issue.

Thanks in advance!
    02-22-10 12:42 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD