I've heard that you can send messages for free between Blackberry devices without encountering any data related charges. Is this Pin to Pin messages? Or am I thinking of something else? Also does whatever I'm referring to require data services to be turned on?
    11-02-08 12:17 PM
    Blackberry Messenger. BBM. Both parties must have a data plan to use it. Here you go:

Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com
    11-02-08 12:18 PM
    That doesn't sound like what I'm talking about then. Someone told me there was a type of message you could send without getting data related charges or having a data plan. Provided your sending them to a BB user. If sending to a none BB user then charges would happen.
    11-02-08 12:29 PM
    I don't think so. BBM is a PIN to PIN message that runs through the data network seperate from a standard sms. You could PING a BBM contact during a conversation, but you ccan't attach a message to it.
    11-02-08 12:34 PM
    This has proved invaluable to me, my mate has the BB Curve through work, and I bought my Bold recently, he travels to the USA loads from the UK with work, so being able to send him a message on the BBM has saved me a fortune in international texts to him
    11-02-08 01:09 PM
    Any Blackberry-specific messaging requires a data plan. Both BB Messenger and PIN messages use the Blackberry data plan.
    11-02-08 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD