Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-27-12 07:53 PM
59 123
tools
    I would like to know why it was accessing data every 20 minutes and draining my battery at the same time even though it wasn't running!

The data must have been via WAP as I got charged for it

For the above reasons plus poor coverage in the UK I had to uninstall it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by harters; 02-04-11 at 02:38 AM.
    01-21-11 09:13 AM
    please read:
    What are waze drivers building?

Waze is a social mobile application providing free turn-by-turn navigation based on the live conditions of the road.
    100% powered by users, the more you drive, the better it gets.

Note that when starting out, there may be no map at all and you'll need to actually pave the roads as you go. If you like mapping, though, it's a great time to get involved and you'll have a ton of fun! go to here, login & start to mapping - Free GPS Navigation with Turn by Turn - Waze

i'm happy using waze in kuala lumpur/petaling jaya, the road maps improve day by day. good luck to u all..
    Last edited by raydha; 02-03-11 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add url for mapping
    02-03-11 06:44 PM
    They got support for 8530 now. I know this thread was 6 months ago. But I just went and downloaded waze for my blackberry 8530
    04-27-11 05:47 PM
    Walah...just what i was looking for. I will be downloading this asap.

I need turn by turn bc i seem to get lost with bb maps and google maps bc i can't figure out which direction to go lol. as you can probably tell, I have no sense of direction so I need a voice to guide me.
    05-07-11 10:41 AM
    Can you use your own map for waze? Like I have garmin for my nokia e72, but I've overwritten the gmapsupp.img with one created from openstreetmaps.org. Fully detailed compared to googlemaps. I wish I can do the same too with my berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 02:26 AM
    Just uninstalled this after a week or so. It refused to work as advertised on my 9780:

1 - Was never able to locate me with the GPS system, regardless of where I was. Indoors, outdoors on the dashboard of the car, whatever.

2 - Was never able to calculate a route from anywhere to anywhere. In fact, it never displayed a map or any roads. Just showed my red car with a blank screen and the "magnifying glass" icon. Other addresses typically showed "Oops, error calculating route". Basically, it could occasionally show me where I am but not much more.

3 - The one time that it did find a route (from my work to home), it tried to take me on some stupid back roads, literally around my place of business to nearly back to where I started.

4 - Never heard a turn-by-turn voice

5 - "Routing service turned off" & "Routing service timed out" .... whatever the **** that means

I tried using it with both the T-Mobile and AT&T data services with no difference in service. It's a great concept, but is too concerned with being cute (who gives a crap about earning points as they drive). I don't want to see a cupcake on my map. I want to see where I am and directions to where I am going.

I understand it's in Beta, but this thing was bad even for a Beta release.
    06-20-11 01:16 PM
    I have used it but honestly I don't trust the navigation too well. I tried the navigation out today on a 10 mile trip and it tried to take me down an imaginary road...by imaginary I mean on the map it showed a road that honestly was not there..just three driveways. I don't mind running it to improve it but I will not use it to get anywhere.
    08-02-11 02:37 AM
    I just happen to be reading in this section of the Forums and saw the discussion on waze. I downloaded it and am now giving it a try in my area. I drove around the hospital and noticed there was a character that was munching the dots on the road as a pac man character. I was gaining points also as I drove. This a very easy to use and will be a lot of fun program as I drive in different areas of the state. I have yet to hear it speak though.
    08-02-11 04:46 AM
    Waze reached 900,000 users in MEXICO in 3 months, we need this app for BB10
    It's pretty popular around here....
    12-27-12 07:53 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD