If you need a working garmin gps check out this video

it works for me on my 9700
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but if someone from the US has this on their desktop couple they email to me please? The site won't let Canadians take the survey so I cannot download it. [email protected]
    Thanks,
    09-05-10 05:26 AM
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but if someone from the US has this on their desktop couple they email to me please? The site won't let Canadians take the survey so I cannot download it. [email protected]
    Thanks,
    I emailed it to you.

I didn't have to do any survey BTW
    09-05-10 07:19 PM
    If you need a working garmin gps check out this video

it works for me on my 9700
    I got this, installed it but when I run it I'm told "Garmin Mobile has not detected a paired Bluetooth GPS receiver. Please go to Blackberry Settings, then Bluetooth, then Add Device to pair". At this point all I can do is say OK, and it exits. I've got a Storm 9530 and the GPS is on for location.
    09-06-10 02:25 AM
    It tells me to take a survey but it won't give me a survey to take only links to online games. What gives?
    09-10-10 10:58 AM
    No support for 8530?
    They just don't love us enough
    09-20-10 09:34 AM
    Seems to work with the 8310, is it not suppose to work on the Curve?
    09-21-10 08:49 AM
    Any support coming for the torch and os6 anytime soon
    I've had my Torch for several weeks and Waze seems to run fine on it.
    09-21-10 06:24 PM
    i cant get the sound to work, why is that. and yes, the volume is on lol...but still no voice..anyone else encounter this?
    09-22-10 07:35 AM
    I have the same issue with the tour, no voice (and yes the volume is on). Any advice?
    09-22-10 06:52 PM
    I downloaded this for the itouch cuz it looked cool, but I cant really use it haha. I will def download this now and give it a try tmrw!
    09-22-10 08:53 PM
    So yea......I cant download the English Promt thing....It keeps telling me failed try again later..

EDIT: Test this morning, everything downloaded correctly. Took it out for a spin in the car. Works actually very good for not being official. Car moves when you move, and its pretty accurate. Speed is accurate. Voice works also..most of the time. Tells you to turn right as you come on it. Works pretty well Id have to say.
    Last edited by Chris38526; 09-23-10 at 08:15 AM.
    09-22-10 09:26 PM
    I was able to download the free Garmin app, but don't know how to get it from my PC desktop to my Tour. Any advice that anyone could provide to this noob would be appreciated!
    09-22-10 09:35 PM
    I downloaded Waze for my Torch a week or so ago and so far it's been ok. Whatever screen I launch the program in I have to keep it that way. I.E. If I start it in portrait I have to keep it that way. I can't turn into landscape or the screen gets cut off. Navigation wise it seems to be off a bit. I put in a route and go to a place that I know and start driving in the fastest route I know of and it takes me way off course. I went to waze.com and checked for my location and it's still "learning" I guess you can call it. The more and more I use it then more it learns and gets a good layout of the area. It's pretty accurate with distances as well and speed I'm driving. I'm going to keep using it as I like it and it's fun.
    09-23-10 12:14 PM
    doesnt seem to work properly in the UK
    09-26-10 01:09 AM
    Waze was a major fail on my 8350. Tried to take me on a scenic tour of my town with lots of lefts and rights. All i needed to do was go straight to get to my destination.
    09-26-10 01:27 AM
    i cant get the sound to work, why is that. and yes, the volume is on lol...but still no voice..anyone else encounter this?
    Have you tried the "C" key. It controls the speaker in waze.
    09-28-10 12:40 AM
    BB Tour: I emailed waze support and waited two days for a response, after contacting them a second time. They directed me to delete the program and reinstall on the BB browser, which is what I did originally. Tried it again, no voice, reinstalled a second time, no voice. I emailed again two days ago, no response, emailed again today....stay tuned!
    09-29-10 06:00 PM
    Going on day 2. I like it. I will continue to support it. That's the only way to improve it.
    "100% powered by users, the more you drive, the better it gets. Join the community of drivers in your area today!" waze.com
    12-05-10 03:00 PM
    sadly, no maps for me (Suriname South America). I also have Garmin installed, anyone know how to transfer maps I have on my symbian device over to my Torch?
    12-15-10 06:57 AM
    Now I know this is in Beta but I have to say I was excited to give this a whirl and low and behold....it sucks!! I live just on the outside of downtown Vancouver BC and all the damn thing would ever do is "recalculating map" I gave up after a week of giving it a real chance to do ANYTHING! But alas, it is terrible....it does have some good potential but as it is....totally unreliable and can't even stay on a nav for more than a minute. Big thumbs waaaay down. I wouldn't even call it a Beta.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 01:16 PM
    doesnt seem to work properly in the UK
    Agreed.

In my area (Southampton) the directions were quite bizare and a major roundabout was mapped as a kind of wierd cross-road??

I like the graphics and the traffic updates seemed to work, but I wouldn't trust it at all to get me anywhere.... I will stick with Telmap Navigator.

I was going to leave it on my Curve 8900 and check it out in say 6 months, but it drained my battery really quickly even when it wasn't on. I checked my online PAYG account and for some reason it was accessing data every 20minutes even when it wasn't running and I was being charged for the data too, something I never had with any other app?????
    12-30-10 05:33 AM
    works for Taiwan map but the graphics are so bad that I would prefer to stick with Google maps., the road not even connected and they only show major roads.
    01-04-11 11:00 AM
    have been trying this for the past couple of days and for a free community driven app this is awesome. the ability to add roads by users in the area and the real time traffic reports are a bonus. mind you it is still in the infancy stage and needing more users to basically drive around and teach the app the roads, but for most things it works really well
    01-19-11 10:07 PM
    I used it for the first time today in Dallas TX and it worked great! I think to at least have ANYTHING turn by turn with voice for free is great, that is the biggest component of Android I wish Blackberry had (Google Nav with turn by turn).

Even the voice was friendly and not generic....not a distraction. Google's voice is very choppy and when it tries to tell you the street names, it messes up severly at times. I don't need to hear the street names, to be honest, just tell me when to turn and I will glance at the map.

Done.
    01-20-11 02:32 PM
    Seems like if you are not in the U.S., Waze may provide unreliable directions HOWEVER by installing and running the program while you drive, its reliability will improve.

Elvis voice for directions is a hoot!
    01-21-11 09:08 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD