check out m.waze.com for the free OTA download for WAZE navigation. its been out for the iphone and android phones and is in beta for blackberry's. compatible with the 9700, 9630, 9000, and 8900. it gets better and better as more users download. great UI, chatting, hazards reported, and a million other things. i've gone through several turn-by-turn voice nav gps apps and this one is by far the best, cleanest, easiest to use, and its FREE!
    Alswizzo likes this.
    07-24-10 05:21 PM
    I have a Storm II on the Verizon Network. If you can support the Storm II and other touchscreen Blackberry phones, it'd be much appreciated.
    07-26-10 07:54 PM
    I saw your original post and downloaded the app the same day. I've been withholding comment until I'd put a few miles on it. I have to say that this is a very impressive app and I'd encourage others to give it a try. The maps (at least in the Phoenix area) are more complete than I expected. I've asked it to route me to several different addresses and it's done a good job. Given that it will only improve over time this is may well be a "must have". My only beef is that the voice announcements do not include street names but hey, for $0 not worth whining about. The UI is well thought out and unlike some of the similar products, this loads fast and I'm yet to have a map stall out waiting on data.

IMHO this app is worthy of a full blown Crackberry review.
    07-27-10 05:23 PM
    Just d/led it, but haven't tried it yet. Looks easy enough. Thanks!
    07-27-10 06:10 PM
    07-27-10 06:24 PM
    good contribution.
    07-27-10 07:19 PM
    good contribution.
    And you.

Will this stream maps as you go? Meaning do you need data as you use it?
    07-27-10 09:31 PM
    And you.

Will this stream maps as you go? Meaning do you need data as you use it?
    Thanks. I was loading this app while I wrote that, so I didn't have anything else to say. I couldn't get this to work, I had the GPS on, it wouldn't find me and it wouldn't do anything. I did like how it looked though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 09:34 PM
    Yes you need data to use it. It is not only downloading maps as you move but it is uploading your speed as well. For example, yesterday I was on an expressway with very heavy traffic. Average speed 13mph. As I drove along I could see the road behind me turning red to alert others that there was congestion.

Boman - can't imagine why it didn't find you. Were you inside a building or something where the GPS wouldn't work. Also, sometimes if the GPS hasn't been on for awhile or you have moved a great distance since the GPS was last used, any GPS app will take a period of time to "find you".
    07-29-10 11:41 AM
    No support for 8530?

07-30-10 07:29 AM
    Where's the love for the Storm?
    07-30-10 10:40 AM
    Cool App. Works well on 9650
    07-30-10 12:25 PM
    I'll have to give this a shot.. Thanks for the heads up! You should post it up in the 3rd party apps forum as well.
    07-30-10 02:14 PM
    I've beenn looking for a decent gps app for a while now.. Have tried a few and none have really worked well for me except for the Garmin app but stopped working all together now. I hope this does the job like others claim it does. Thanks for the contribution..
    08-01-10 12:58 AM
    Thanks alot! ill try it out now! hope it works in Dubai
    08-03-10 04:17 PM
    I gave this 2 chances and it failed twice and has since been removed from my phone. i tried two different very basic routes for me and it kept telling me to turn right almost every mile or two, but there was no exit near there. it's not like it was .2 miles off on the turns, there was no exit in sight that I could have turned at. It's definitely cool that its free and its voice guided, but what good are voice guided directions if they arent even remotely close to being correct.
    08-06-10 12:06 PM
    OK ppl, I just downloaded this on my 9700 running 5.0.0.714 on T-Mobile's network. Did a quick field test by running up to the local Dollar Tree (approx. 2 1/2 -3 1/2/ miles away) about a 5 min. ride with 3 traffic lights.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting REAL turn by turn voice instructions but it did pretty well. Not as accurate as a stand alone or paid GPS such as Garmin but it did the trick. The issues were:
    - GPS voice instructions were very clear but slow when announcing turns but if you are occasionally watching the route, you should have no problems.
    - App appears a little cartoonish but is very easy and intuitive so again, this can be overlooked.
    - No manual zoom feature. Map seems generic but shows streets and roads clearly.

A few more tests will show the true capabilites of this app. In other words, for a real turn-by-turn, FREE GPS app, this is one you should download! Hopefully they will improve upon this and not charge for it. Maybe donations are in order? This is a great find! Please pass it on. I did!
    08-06-10 04:45 PM
    Just installed this and it looks good, and the live updates were cool. However the updates I was getting were for speed traps and traffic in the US and I'm in Alberta. Since its in beta I won't be hard on it. Hopefully an update will only include areas near you or in the same city even.

08-06-10 05:15 PM
    Doesn't work in Dubai bummer
    08-17-10 10:08 PM
    same as me..doesn't work in Malaysia..
    but a friendly message appear and said they are working on map update.
    08-18-10 12:20 AM
    This works great thank you!
    08-18-10 12:23 AM
    I got it working on my Storm 2, however I do get an occasional exception error.
    08-18-10 10:15 AM
    Any support coming for the torch and os6 anytime soon
    08-18-10 07:16 PM
    Does it work outside the USA?
    08-19-10 07:16 AM
    If you need a working garmin gps check out this video

it works for me on my 9700
    08-19-10 09:14 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD