Hello,

I have a Blackberry Curve 8320 and I am going on a trip soon. Sadly, I don't have a GPS. So I am looking for a free app for my BB that works like a GPS. I have the Mapquest one on my phone, but I am looking for one that will tell you "in 200 ft, turn right" and read it out like a normal GPS does.

Any suggestions?
    07-06-10 10:37 AM
    Good luck with finding a free solution to that one. Your best best is to use Poynt and have Google Maps installed.
    07-06-10 11:40 AM
    One of the best turn-by-turn GPS programs for the Blackberry is from Garmin. You can find it as low as about $80. For a few bucks more you can get a stand-alone GPS device that will do a better job, have a larger screen, bigger speaker, more features, etc, etc... I tried virtually every BB GPS app out there, including the Garmin and found all of them tedious to enter information, slow in response and lacking in features found in the most basic GPS only devices. I ended up getting a Garmin Nuvi 765t and have been very happy with having dedicated devices when traveling. Your mileage may vary and everyone's needs and expectations are different.
    07-06-10 12:37 PM
    Yes, but with the 8320, you would also need a Bluetooth GPS receiver in order to get turn by turn directions.

Better to just get a basic stand alone GPS unit as noted above.
    07-06-10 08:24 PM
    Yes, but with the 8320, you would also need a Bluetooth GPS receiver in order to get turn by turn directions.

Better to just get a basic stand alone GPS unit as noted above.
    Good eye there! I failed to notice the OP's model number. That would definitely swing me towards Door #2.
    07-07-10 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD