Hi everyone!

So I'm looking for a blackberry software that works on curve 8520. I'm looking for actual GPS, not google maps or anything. So is there a FREE GPS for blackberry? I have google maps and it says "you are within 5000m" well yeah im lost in middle of some unknown city and i know exactly where in those 5000m am I... i also tried amaze gps but it didn't work...maybe i need to buy full version but i don't live USA or any other english speaking country so i have some "disabilities" i don't have paypal, mastercard, american express or anything that would help me get app from app world...

So if anyone can help me with this i'd be very greatfull. Thanks!
    06-29-10 09:22 AM
    The 8520 uses GSM, therefore there is no GPS capibilities with the 8520. Google maps is the best you can do. Sorry for the bad news.
    06-29-10 09:28 AM
    The 8520 uses GSM, therefore there is no GPS capibilities with the 8520. Google maps is the best you can do. Sorry for the bad news.
    RWWackoStu is right. Gotta stick with Google Maps and really, it will show you what's around you. You can check the street you are yourself and go from there.

I've been in a very similar situation this January and GMaps outperformed any expectations I had. If you add to the equation the fact I live in Brasil where Maps support is poor...

But the lack of GPS support on the 8520 is due to the lack of a GPS chip in the device. The Storm and Bold (both 1st and 2nd gen.) and the 8310 are all GSM and all sport GPS.
    06-29-10 09:41 AM
    I stand corrected. Forgot about the couple that do have GPS.
    06-29-10 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD