I was thinking, that you get umlimted facebook, myspace, twitter and so on. is their a app that works with the unlimited section of you plan but is a INTERNET browser so you are not using the browser on your blackberry
    01-25-11 02:15 PM
    Facebook, my space and twitter are under social networking, while internet uses your data plan. So that's a silly question now is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 02:17 PM
    I mean is their a way to bypass that and make the phone or server thinking you are using a social networking app but really you are using a Internet browser
    01-25-11 02:19 PM
    You will not be able to use the browser if you have a Social Plan. You need a BIS plan to use the browser.

01-25-11 02:21 PM
    I am new to this but what does BIS mean?
    01-25-11 02:25 PM
    What is BIS?
    BIS stands for BlackBerry Internet Service. It gives your BlackBerry access to the Internet. It’s like an ISP, but for your smart-phone instead of your home computer. Every time your BlackBerry gets an email, or accesses a webpage, it does so through BIS (unless you’re using BES)
    Last edited by valorian; 01-25-11 at 02:29 PM.
    01-25-11 02:27 PM
    So all apps i should be able to use free of extra charges like bbm msn facebook twitter and so on
    01-25-11 02:33 PM
    So all apps i should be able to use free of extra charges like bbm msn facebook twitter and so on
    What carrier do you have, and what kind of data plan do you have? Some Canadian carriers offer Social Plans that include BBM, Facebook, and IM. These do not include browsing.

US carriers require the BIS plan for any of RIM's native apps, so none of the above will work if you have a US carrier and do not have a BIS plan.

You need to contact your carrier to get the pricing of the proper plan and add the plan to your account. It will not be free. For instance, I pay $30/month for my BIS data plan.

01-25-11 02:39 PM
    I dont have the plan yet and the phone but i am planning what i will be getting. i want to go with virgin mobile and get this plan Smartphone Plans - Virgin Mobile Canada its the one under social and its 40$
    01-25-11 02:46 PM
    That plan doesn't appear to offer browsing unless I am missing something. If you want the full featured internet you need to pick a different plan. How about the one right next to it for $50. It gives you 500mb. Stay away from streaming and you should be fine with 500mb.
    01-25-11 03:18 PM
    That plan doesn't appear to offer browsing unless I am missing something. If you want the full featured internet you need to pick a different plan. How about the one right next to it for $50. It gives you 500mb. Stay away from streaming and you should be fine with 500mb.
    That's the way I'm seeing it too. The $40 plan allows you to get e-mail and IM (BBM, Yahoo IM, etc.) but now browser data minuites. So if you get this plan you will have to pay extra for FB, Twitter, myspace.
    01-25-11 03:26 PM
    If you move the slider further down to Blackberry social and see the one 40$ thats the one i want
    01-25-11 03:33 PM
    This is the one you are talking about, right?

$40/mo

* Limited Time Offer: Evening calling starting at 6pm
    * 150anytime minutes
    * Unlimited evenings & weekends
    * Unlimited Twitter & Facebook
    * Unlimited IM

* Unlimited Text Messaging
    * Voicemail 10 & Call Display

It doesn't say anything about browsing or data. The one next to it clearly does.

$50/mo

* Limited Time Offer: Evening calling starting at 6pm
    * 200 anytime minutes
    * Unlimited evenings & weekends
    * 500 MB Canadian Data

* Unlimited Text & Picture Messaging
    * Voicemail 10 & Call Display

If you want the internet, you need a plan that includes it. Am I missing something here?
    01-25-11 03:38 PM
    I still think you would be better off spending the extra $10 for the 500MB data. The $40 will give you IM, FB, and Twitter only. Use the browser for anything and you will be paying extra. Spend the extra $10 and you can do all the browsing you want up to 500 MB.

This is just my opinion.
    01-25-11 03:43 PM
    I think the 40$ is enough for me cuz i am a teen and dont have good source of money but when i get a job i most likely will get a better plan
    01-25-11 03:47 PM
    If you get a device with wifi, and have wifi access, you can browse the web and do other things while on wifi. You'll just be limited to the social apps when not connected to an access point.
    01-25-11 04:33 PM
    I took a look at the phones they offer and pretty much all of them have wifi, so you are good to go, for web browsing when you are in a hotspot, which you might have already in your home and at your school.
    01-25-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD