Greetings everyone. Havent posted for a while. I recently have been getting phone calls from my cellular provider because my contract is up. They have been luring me with money off my next phone and free minutes too.

So... as you may know I have a pearl and i really like it. The only other phone I would even consider is the curve. Verizon does not have the bold or javelin or kickstart or whatver.... I have been eyeballing the curve pretty hard. I am very aware of the differences between them.

So I went today to fondle a shiny new curve. It felt like... a curve. I have come to the point where I feel really comfortable with the pearl and I have gotten very fast at typing with it and I love the size.

I DO NOT have any desire for this to turn into a curve vs. pearl argument. I know why people like the curve and I recognize its merit.

So...a year ago I couldnt wait for the new pearl to come out and bought it out of contract... And for some reason I cant pull the trigger on a new phone. They are giving me 100 dollars off a 100 dollar phone and I still didnt bite. What's wrong with me?

Well... I know all it will take is a few days of reading the crackberry forums and I'll probably pick one up, but I have gotten so used to the pearl I cant seem to let it go...

thoughts? suggestions?

-db
    09-03-08 04:00 PM
    Well, would getting one be that horrible especially if it's free? It's not like you have to give your pearl back to them. You may even learn to love the curve, maybe.
    09-03-08 04:04 PM
    Get the CURVE!!

dont talk to that Benzworm guy!
    09-03-08 04:04 PM
    That is sweet deal to keep you as a customer.

At that price, you have nothing to loose. If you are not thrilled with it, keep is as a backup for your Pearl.

Pearls have a very large Suretype support file that is not present on the Curve. You will notice a substantial increase in your device free memory.

09-03-08 04:07 PM
    That is sweet deal to keep you as a customer.

At that price, you have nothing to loose. If you are not thrilled with it, keep is as a backup for your Pearl.

Pearls have a very large Suretype support file that is not present on the Curve. You will notice a substantial increase in your device free memory.

That is very true. Plus, the 8330's come with more memory so you'll be floating around 45mb free effortlessly.
    09-03-08 04:09 PM
    hmm....

valid points thank you all...

but you HAVENT quite pushed me over the edge yet...

need more encouragement...

-db
    09-03-08 04:12 PM
    Ok

Pearl = girly

Curve = MANLY
    09-03-08 04:17 PM
    You're going to enjoy the bigger screen. More icons to fool around with. As you mentioned, the feel of it in your hand feels natural. The 8330 already comes with video so your not losing anything there. Hands down, you'll love the Curve.
    09-03-08 04:23 PM
    Greetings everyone. Havent posted for a while. I recently have been getting phone calls from my cellular provider because my contract is up. They have been luring me with money off my next phone and free minutes too.

So... as you may know I have a pearl and i really like it. The only other phone I would even consider is the curve. Verizon does not have the bold or javelin or kickstart or whatver.... I have been eyeballing the curve pretty hard. I am very aware of the differences between them.

So I went today to fondle a shiny new curve. It felt like... a curve. I have come to the point where I feel really comfortable with the pearl and I have gotten very fast at typing with it and I love the size.

I DO NOT have any desire for this to turn into a curve vs. pearl argument. I know why people like the curve and I recognize its merit.

So...a year ago I couldnt wait for the new pearl to come out and bought it out of contract... And for some reason I cant pull the trigger on a new phone. They are giving me 100 dollars off a 100 dollar phone and I still didnt bite. What's wrong with me?

Well... I know all it will take is a few days of reading the crackberry forums and I'll probably pick one up, but I have gotten so used to the pearl I cant seem to let it go...

thoughts? suggestions?

-db
    I tend to agree with you re the Pearl......the only thing I need that I don't have is the GPS, and I think I can get that on the 8110.....so around the end of the month I'm thinking of upgrading.....but I do confess that the screen on the Curve is attractive....
    09-03-08 04:24 PM
    Get the Curve. Test it out for 30 days. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, turn it back in. Your New Every Two credit of $100 would be placed back on your account.
    09-03-08 05:18 PM
    Verizon is supposed to get the BB Touch screen model soon. You could hold out for that? I'm not a fan of touch screens but it may turn out to be something that you like. Just something for you to think about
    09-03-08 05:28 PM
    I liked the Pearl but didn't think twice about upgrading to the Curve. The difference is significant and amazing.

Can't beat a full keyboard. I hated SureType (as well as all other T9-like features on phones.)
    09-03-08 05:30 PM
    To follow up on my previous post, I saw in another thread that Oct. 13th or so is the expected release date for the Thunder/BB touch screen on VZW. How true that is, I don't know.
    09-03-08 05:44 PM
    long time no see DB! Either way you gota BB so you can't go wrong!
    Don't be a stranger! Oh and nothing wrong with using 2 BB"s either!
    09-03-08 05:57 PM
    CURVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One Key equels ONE LETTER! You will love it and become even MORE addicted! GO FOR IT!!! CURVE CURVE CURVE!!!!!! lol
    09-03-08 07:42 PM
    Go CURVE mate U will NOT regret it!!!
    09-04-08 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD