Any info on if/when this will be available for us here in the UK?
    We do have plan for UK but do not have a schedule yet! Thanks for being interested in LifeInPocket!
    02-17-10 09:31 AM
    This is what we stated at 1st page of the thread:

Perfect navigation maps don't exist; all maps are relying on user reports to refine them. Always report missing address, map or route errors to [email protected] immediately with detail information so our vendors can improve their digital maps and algorithm.
    02-17-10 10:19 AM
    LIP allows users to re-route anytime, so you can always one press re-calculate the route if you have doubt.

Open Google/BB map (you can open them with LIP at the same time) leave it on the background so you can double check by bringing map to for ground anytime.

Disclaimer: Please do it only when it won't affect your primary driving responsibility and it's safe to do so! Have your passenger do it for you or do it when you stop at traffic light if possible. Read our user agreement and follow accordingly when using LifeInPocket.
    02-17-10 05:51 PM
    This is the question we were asked in another thread. which may be interested for you to know!
    As in recent times most if not all voice nav apps have gone to a paid version after beta testing I was wondering if LiP has any plans of doing so? If not, how do you guys plan to continue to keep up with the competition?
    We also try to figure out if there are another app offers free voice activated navigation. We are technical people thus we cannot represent the company to make statements.
    The official answer should come from our marketing but here's what I know,
    - LifeInPocket is to fulfill our vision of bringing life convenience to people's daily life. We never intend to compete with others. That's why it's unique.
    - We intend to keep LifeInPocket free as long as we can financially afford that. We may seek other big companies to co-sponsor LifeInPocket if necessary to keep LifeInPocket free.
    - Others cannot afford providing navigation for free because the map is very very expensive and it won't support free business model. However, we already paid for it for our Telematics Business Unit anyway.

So in the US, we are probably the only company can afford doing this for free.
    02-17-10 06:23 PM
    Is there a way to set different addresses for "my location" such that home is set for one address, work for another and other for a third. Simply by changing from home to work without retyping the address would make searches more effective. I do like the program and find it quite useful, but with this tool I could use it for home and work.
    Thanks
    Jerry
    Hi Jerry,
    There are couple ways you can do that! Assuming you already set your work as MyLocation.

1. Mark > Mark the GPS location when you at home or other desired locations, name it “Home”, “mother’s home”, “girl friend’s home”. You can then use this previous marked location to search, take me there, map,…
    2. Save Home address to your BB address book then open this BB contact within LifeInPocket (nav > BB Address Book). You can use this address for local search and all our Location Based Services (LBS)
    3. Sign-in to https://lifeinpocket.com/html/NewUse...do?method=edit our PC Web trip planning tool to add home address as your predefined“Navigation destination” press sync (in settings) and “Home” will be under Nav” icon. Press “Home” you can search restaurants/business, go, map it, see traffic, …..
    4. You can use My Address Book which is our online address book to do that.
    5. There are more ways to do that but above 4 are good enough for now
    Hi Jerry,
    How are recommendations work for you?

Added on 2/20/2101
    Here is reputable tech editor Carolyn J Dawson’s unbiased view published at top tech magazine TMCnet.

Provided free of cost, LifeInPocket bestows a greater degree of functionality to BlackBerrys than any smart phone. The added list of features include GPS, voice navigation, local listing/reviews, satellite map, location messaging, friends/family locator, street view, Twitter, e-mail, IMs, Facebook,MySpace ( News - Alert), LinkedIn, YouTube, cheap gas finder, news, video, traffic, local events music, movies, local events, TV guide, weather, finance, banking, sports, flights, magazines, fashions, transportation, travel, yellow/white pages, dictionary, translation, the Bible and much more instant information and services.
    LifeInPocket also incorporates one of the most cutting edge turn-by-turn navigation instructions with useful voice guidance. By making use of synced address book,BlackBerry ( News - Alert) address book and its unique online trip planning tool, LifeInPocket Navigation completely does away with the requirement for typing on miniscule keyboards. It is also far superior to other expensive phone navigation services available in the market currently.
    CES attendees will now be equipped with the world's only personalized GPS/address-based local search that has more than 15 million points of interest. They can also go through other visitors' reviews and ratings which have been uploaded just minutes before getting into new restaurants, car repair shops or other businesses using voice navigation during the conference.
    Much more robust than traditional SMS, CES attendees can transmit their GPS locations in real time with a message to family/friends to bring peace of mind and be better connected with them. Other than mobile features, almost all the services that are used daily with a PC are available with LifeInPocket.
    The only mobile application/services platform of its kind, LifeInPocket paves the way ahead for the next generation of application and services by offering the power of expensive smart phones to regular cell phones, making smart phones even more functional and giving BlackBerrys the ultimate position to reign.

The gas prices on LIP are accurate from what I've seen, and seem to be updated often (daily for some gas stations). I really wanted Poynt to be accurate for this, but it was always way off for the gas stations around here.

The search function works really well, and once a location has been found, you can choose to call the place, or have the app "take you there" - which apparently involves voice navigation, but without a good map to look at (eyes should be on the road, I know, but my Garmin is nice to glance at for bearings sometimes).
    * LifeInPocket app size is very small -- only 767 KB for my Storm2, it takes only small app memory space. It’s small but fast and powerful. It uses small heap, no memory leak that's why it fast and reliable.
    We cannot speak for other apps.
    * The gas prices on LIP are accurate from what I've seen, and seem to be updated often (daily for some gas stations). I really wanted Poynt to be accurate for this, but it was always way off for the gas stations around here.
    Because our gas price report is near real-time and we let you know the exact when the prices were updated.

Moving maps offer user great visual experience but the device has to rely on the network to stream map constantly that means short battery life, slower and less reliable. Your device has to have reasonable data rate continuously in order for it to work. Isn’t it dangerous to stare at the map while driving?
    Moving maps also take longer to get route because BB has to load the map. We will turn on moving maps feature when cellular networks reach our reliability standard.
    It’s good enough to take you from point A to point B and to give you great convenience. For example, find a restaurant then press “Take me there” then the lady will guide you there by voice directions. It may take a little bit time to get use to but most of our users love it once they are familiar with it.
    Some of our users claim that they have LifeInPocket nav running at foreground and BB/Google Maps on GPS mode on the background then switch as they need. However, you should only do so when it won’t distract you from driving responsibility.
    For me, I rarely looking at maps, simply click and let the lady use voice to guide me there.

Edit: Introduction of some LifeInPocket features

Media Features
    Offers Video, Music, Fshion, Photo, Cooking, Entertainment and Sports. They are web features but very handy for example you can view CBS News Show, AP News video, Fox Sprots Video etc. You can use rich contents from top movie contents provider Go 2 Movie, Mr. Movie, Hollywood.com, Fandango, Netflex, ….. You can even make reservation or buy ticket.
    There are many magazines such as Car and Driver, Cover Girl, Elle, Marie Clare, … in various topic for you to choose.
    Media features

... the traffic icon seemed to work without a hitch for me.
    Real time traffic report

Local Business Search
    You can use personalized search criteria or type your own to search. Most our users said LIP business search is better than Poynt because
    1. LIP search can be personalized but Poynt cannot
    2. You can one click search with LIP but with Poynt you have to type
    3. LIP can save search results to "Favorite Business" folder while Poynt cannot
    4. You can search using any address or marked location with LIP but Poynt cannot
    5. You can save your search criteria while Poynt cannot
    6. You can open any BB contacts from LIP and use the address for search but you cannot do that with Poynt
    7. LIP offers comprehensive business ratings and reviews but Poynt doesn't. We can only wish you good luck when you venturing into an auto repair shop if you are using Poynt but our users know the shop well and will enter it with confidence

Business reviews/ratings
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 03-01-10 at 09:31 PM.
    02-17-10 06:35 PM
    Hi Jerry,
    How are recommendations work for you?
    That was an acceptable solution. Thank you for the help. Still working with the app and I'm sure I will have other questions.
    Jerry
    02-17-10 08:02 PM
    We always welcome input during beta even after beta. Since beta feedback involved in right issue, we would appreciate if you can provide your feedback at https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ so you can assign the right of your idea to us, base on our user agreement?

To all CB Users: Public Forums are always not the right place for beta feedback! Because beta feedback involves right assignment issue, please provide your brilliant idea to our team at https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ so we can have the legal right to your idea according to user agreement.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-23-10 at 03:44 PM.
    02-18-10 08:49 AM
    Please note that us, the beta team is only the front end people to help user understand and using our app!

The review of feedback and response to feedback are done by multiple departments and we cannot respond to beta feedback at public forums. So please provide your brilliant idea to our team at https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ so we can respond.

We put GPS to sleep when we don't use them but GPS acquisition time takes a little bit longer. For 9630 it's 8 seconds or less. Because 96.3% of our current users want long battery life. We learned that from ours and others' mistake. LifeInPocket can run for days with one battery charge.

We may consider giving users their own choice if they prefer to have hours instead of days of battery life!

I have Poynt and Viigo but ALWAYS shut them down completely. I double check constantly for this. I left Poynt running in the background once, and it killed my battery. Never will I let that happen again.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-25-10 at 03:06 PM.
    02-18-10 09:08 AM
    That was an acceptable solution. Thank you for the help. Still working with the app and I'm sure I will have other questions.
    Jerry
    You are welcome! Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Edit: Introduction of some LifeInPocket features
    The only comment I'll add is the traffic icon seemed to work without a hitch for me.
    Edit: Real time traffic report

Local Business Search
    You can use personalized search criteria or type your own to search. Most our users said LIP business search is better than Poynt because
    1. LIP search can be personalized but Poynt cannot
    2. You can one click search with LIP but with Poynt you have to type
    3. LIP can save search results to "Favorite Business" folder while Poynt cannot
    4. You can search using any address or marked location with LIP but Poynt cannot
    5. You can save your search criteria while Poynt cannot
    6. You can open any BB contacts from LIP and use the address for search but you cannot do that with Poynt
    7. LIP offers comprehensive business ratings and reviews but Poynt doesn't. We can only wish you good luck when you venturing into an auto repair shop if you are using Poynt but our users know the shop well and will enter it with confidence
    Business reviews/ratings

Media Features
    Offers Video, Music, Fshion, Photo, Cooking, Entertainment and Sports. They are web features but very handy for example you can view CBS News Show, AP News video, Fox Sprots Video etc. You can use rich contents from top movie contents provider Go 2 Movie, Mr. Movie, Hollywood.com, Fandango, Netflex, ….. You can even make reservation or buy ticket.
    There are many magazines such as Car and Driver, Cover Girl, Elle, Marie Clare, … in various topic for you to choose.
    Media features

Specialized Search

The Specialized Search icon is very powerful. You can use it to search people (by phone number and reverse search), product price search, local events, flight, job, words, love, the Bible, language, …
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-20-10 at 07:20 PM.
    02-18-10 09:32 AM
    hello I have been playing around with this app for a few weeks now and im very happy with it. Not sure why all the negitive feedback maybe they know somthing i dont .. who knows...i like that i can search for nearby restaurants and gas stations from where ever im located and have it take me there I like that i can mark and save my favorite locations and set up locations on the web.. (web works well for planning vacations or family trips ).. Its been alot of fun playing around with the (navigation\take me there) part of this app and learning better ways to find my destinations, maybe not always the best but i can live with it........ right now the only thing i would change is when your using the nav\take me there and you miss a turn or know a better way and you get off track it promts you to redirect then u have to look down an hit the redirect button to continue your trip which takes your eyes off the road. it might be better if it could redirect automaticly or have a setting to have it auto redirect.. anyways i like this app and it works for me....... maybe in the future they can have a family locator so when my kids tell me that there somewhere there not i can clik take me there and go put a smak down on them
    02-21-10 11:21 AM
    hello I have been playing around with this app for a few weeks now and im very happy with it. Not sure why all the negitive feedback maybe they know somthing i dont .. who knows...i like that i can search for nearby restaurants and gas stations from where ever im located and have it take me there I like that i can mark and save my favorite locations and set up locations on the web.. (web works well for planning vacations or family trips ).. Its been alot of fun playing around with the (navigation\take me there) part of this app and learning better ways to find my destinations, maybe not always the best but i can live with it........ right now the only thing i would change is when your using the nav\take me there and you miss a turn or know a better way and you get off track it promts you to redirect then u have to look down an hit the redirect button to continue your trip which takes your eyes off the road. it might be better if it could redirect automaticly or have a setting to have it auto redirect.. anyways i like this app and it works for me....... maybe in the future they can have a family locator so when my kids tell me that there somewhere there not i can clik take me there and go put a smak down on them
    Thank you for the honest feedback!

>it might be better if it could redirect automaticly or have a setting to have it auto redirect.
    - We are considering adding auto route re-calculation as we did in the past. Possibly let user having it as an option

>have a family locator so when my kids tell me that there somewhere there not i can clik take me there and go put a smak down on them
    - You can already do that using our Location Messaging. Your kids can send you location msg and you can click to "Take me there" to navigate to there or "Map it" to view the location on Google/BB Maps. Please see our sample location messages on your device.

What you may not realized LifeInPocket also works with many cheap Java phone for example, Boost Mobile's $30 phones with $10 per months data plan.

LIP location messaging system is a cross platform and cross network messaging system.

Your kids can send you Location Msg. using cheap Boost Mobile phones or other Java phones.

Location messaging allows you to send your GPS or address locations to friends. They can then navigate by voice directions to there, map it, view traffic, ….
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-23-10 at 02:57 PM.
    02-21-10 05:20 PM
    You appreciate spending time writing twisted comments about your own company? Where are you located? It's obvious from this comment and the incredibly poor grammar in all your posts that you are not an English speaker.

If you're using some kind of online translator to post, stop. It's not working very well.
    Maybe you should re-read your sig..............while your busy bashing
    02-22-10 07:28 AM
    You appreciate spending time writing twisted comments about your own company? Where are you located? It's obvious from this comment and the incredibly poor grammar in all your posts that you are not an English speaker.

If you're using some kind of online translator to post, stop. It's not working very well.
    We love your sig “Hate is easy. Love takes courage. “. May love prevail!

RoadComm, Inc. is California company founded in 1999 with head quarters in Cupertino, CA which is where Apple’s headquarters and HP’s main buildings locate. We are in the US high tech center Silicon Valley.

Please refer to our corporate home page at Company !

Just like Google, YouTube, Yahoo founders and our governor Arnold Schwarzenegger some of our team members are not born in the US. Though immigrants write less than perfect English but all our team members are highly educated and they are our fellow US citizens. There’s nothing to alert.

This is why America is a great country.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-25-10 at 03:42 PM.
    02-22-10 01:23 PM
    The guy pushes his app and offers support. Big deal. Then you guys feel threatened by him and some even bash the app itself. Get over it. Where the motha **** are you going to get this type of support from?

I don't personally use LifeInPocket, as I prefer other applications. But if you're looking for a great, free, all-in-one application this is for you. And if it's not right off the go, it will most-likely grow on you. But for all of this bull**** in here? You'd think this thread would be a bit more modded to the point where dumb comments simply aren't tolerated.
    02-23-10 06:52 AM
    I'm not bashing, just pointing out that whoever is posting here has such a poor grasp of English that they are saying things I am sure they don't intend to be expressing. If you are representing a company and/or a product, it is crucial you be able to express yourself clearly and professionally. Having your rep say they "appreciate spending time writing twisted comments" about their own company isn't good-that's all I was saying.
    As for this comment, READ their username. RoadComm Beta Team. You ever call tech support for something, and speak with someone you don't understand from some far away land?

Their name isn't RoadComm Head Honcho F**kin' Numero Uno Dude 2010. I mean nothing personal, but come off this.
    02-23-10 06:54 AM
    Come on get this in the UK!
    03-01-10 06:14 PM
    I have been trying using LIP for a while. I don't mind all the extra modules that I don't need or use. I got it mainly for navigation and the turn by turn directions. I have one (big) problem with it that almost makes it unusable to me. It seems like it is not made for the Storm touch screen. I cannot make the cursor move from field to field. If I am typing in an address the cursor will not move to the next field of entry.

Currently I cannot even sign in. I enter my user id because the cursor is already in that field but the cursor will not move to the password field. It jumps all over the place but will not go to the password field.

I do not have this problem with any other application or when I am using LIP main competitor. The touch screen on my phone is very good. I want this app to work for me but it does not. Is there another version of this app especially for the Storm? Many apps will have 2 different versions, one for the keyboard BB's and one for the touchscreen.

I am going to have to delete this app from my phone until an updated version comes out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 03-02-10 at 06:10 PM.
    03-02-10 05:45 PM
    I cannot make the cursor move from field to field. If I am typing in an address the cursor will not move to the next field of entry. ... Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
    This is a Storm/Storm2s' newer OS issue. The OS can only detect your touch at the left edge of the text field near ":". you must touch this point in order to move focus from other text filed to this text filed.

When you started LifeInPocket for the first time, we have above instructions in red at the top of display to make sure you are aware of that.

Other apps, depends on APIs they use. Many apps such as Google Sync has to touch the same area in order to move cursor around. As long as you are aware of this OS issue, it won't affect you but if you are not aware of it then it's tough to move highlight from one to another text field.

Older Storm OS versions does not have this issue.

Update: RIM is aware of this issue and I believe they are working on this.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 03-02-10 at 06:25 PM.
    03-02-10 06:09 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. IT WORKS. I only got the red instructions today after I deleted the app and then reinstalled it (I thought I maybe had a bad install). Appreciate your assistance.
    03-02-10 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. IT WORKS. I only got the red instructions today after I deleted the app and then reinstalled it (I thought I maybe had a bad install). Appreciate your assistance.
    You are very welcome! You can find commonly asked questions at LifeInPocket Mobile Suite for BlackBerry FAQ or sign-in to https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ to provide beta feedback.

Cheers!
    03-02-10 06:36 PM
    Another question I tried to import my Yahoo contacts after I signed into my account and LIP told me I had 0 (zero) contacts. I use Yahoo as my main email server and I have over 100 contacts. I then tried to import my contacts from my gmail account and that worked just fine.

Thinking that the web site might be having problems I tried to do it again several hours later and now Yahoo mail is not even a choice in the drop down menu box, only gmail. Is this being worked on?

Forgive my many questions. I'm trying to get up to speed using LIP and there are several things I don't quite understand yet. But I'm getting there. Now that I know how to move the cursor around I'm trying to use this app more.
    03-02-10 11:25 PM
    We have developed a new address importer which supports Yahoo, Gmail, AOL and MSN (hotmail) and it's in final test stage already. This new importer has the ability to validate your import addresses using geocoder.

As we are phasing out old address importer, Yahoo connection is temporarily disabled and that's why you are getting nothing imported. The old Gmail importer still works but it lacks certain advanced features we have developed for the new importer.

We advise you to import your 3rd party address books after we release our new address importer which is much stronger. Our old importer is not bad but the new design is better. If you cannot wait, current importer works fine with Gmail.

Once you imported your address book, you can drag them to pre-defined nav destinations then sync to your BB. You can then click to go without typing or searching. You can also use those addresses for all location services such as local search, cheap gas finder, weather, local attraction, loc msg, ....

You can access your imported address by selecting "My Address Book" and you can enter contacts to "My Address Book" from BB.

Though it’s packed with the power of tens of apps but it’s easy to use. Select “Personalize Search/Channels” then click through all features first. You can then go deeper to advanced features such as web trip planning tool.
    03-03-10 12:02 AM
    Any chance this will be available on the Torch any time soon?
    Last edited by audiodude; 11-12-10 at 02:22 AM.
    11-12-10 02:17 AM
    Any chance this will be available on the Torch any time soon?
    The new version with Torch support is still in our QA for testing. It will probably be available at our site LifeInPocket GPS Mobile Application & Services - Your life in your pocket first for pre-release soon prior to App World release but we do not have a schedule yet.
    We wish LifeInPocket will be able to bring enriched life to you soon!

Cheers
    11-12-10 02:23 AM
    LifeInPocket can run for days with one battery charge if you don�t use navigation. GPS navigation requires huge powers by nature but it still lasts 3 times longer than many expensive navigation apps. Many Navigation apps can only last less than 2 hours for each battery charge.

Always exit Google and BlackBerry Maps (not close) after open them from LifeInPocket because they consume a lot of power.

If you exit Google Maps then it won't be running anymore. Close Google Maps will push it to background and Google Maps will keep actively scanning for GPS satellite, connect to network which probably will drain your battery in hours.

You can leave LifeInPocke running, just press power key to push it to background. The battery will last for days because LifeInPocket won't do anything that would drain battery.
    11-12-10 11:11 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD