While I am not, repeat NOT a fan of Fox News; I have to say they had a news item this morning that promotes the NEED for Blackberry. You can find the article here:

A Reason for RIM: Why we still need the Blackberry | Fox News

A short quote from the article:

"..... Because despite the deathwatch, the Blackberry builder is still a key part of the modern smartphone market -- and a vital alternative to the world�s iClones.

�Everyone is chasing Apple at the moment, [but] RIM is really the only company that might be able to supply a complete alternative to the iPhone clones the market is awash with at the moment,� popular tech analyst Rob Enderle told FoxNews.com....."

Its nice to see some positive news about RIM and Blackberry for a change. Even if it is from Fox News.
    05-15-12 07:58 AM
    Impressive that Fox News provided a valuable and objective piece. Shocking really but appreciated
    gritsinct likes this.
    05-15-12 08:12 AM
    Objective? Hardly. They must have received a pretty penny for their good publicity. Since when does ANY news station offer objective, bias-free news?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-15-12 08:28 AM
    what the heck is a blackberry "builder"?
    05-15-12 08:31 AM
    Everyone needs RIM. Even Apple. For different reasons, yes, but we all need RIM.
    pantlesspenguin and SFWriter like this.
    05-15-12 08:43 AM
    Research in Motion
    Phil DeLong and BB10FTW like this.
    05-15-12 08:45 AM
    as in: 'the maker of Blackberry phones'

Although with the quote used by the OP, it does seem like the article is talking about an actual entity called a 'builder', in the article itself it is a bit clearer.

Si.
    05-15-12 08:45 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    finally seeing some objectivity in the news media .... I think we will see much more of that . especially when RIM rolls out its game changer ... bb10 ... people are getting tired of the iclones ... RIM will be the alternative!
    SFWriter likes this.
    05-15-12 08:46 AM
    this is probaly in responce to negative feedback. Fox and other media more than likely wrongly assumed that all their customers had got rid of their blackberrys and that rim was a safe target.

They were probably then shocked by a backlash and had to backtrack.
    05-15-12 08:51 AM
    as in: 'the maker of Blackberry phones'

Although with the quote used by the OP, it does seem like the article is talking about an actual entity called a 'builder', in the article itself it is a bit clearer.

Si.
    An "entity"?
    Hmmm.... "builder" = freemason? A conspiracy! I knew it! Somebody call Graham Hancock!
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-15-12 08:56 AM
    I watch them a good bit and their on air personalaties refer to their blackberrys a lot. Anytime the context is talking about mobile devices they call them blackberrys. Often you will see them with theirs on the desk or checking them as the segment ends.
    05-15-12 09:05 AM
    Anytime the context is talking about mobile devices they call them blackberrys.
    This is true. I'm in the conferencing industry and before we kick off a call we always say "Please turn off any cell phones or BlackBerries at this time because the signal may interfere with our equipment." That's been the standard script ever since I joined this company 7 years ago.
    05-15-12 09:08 AM
    This is true. I'm in the conferencing industry and before we kick off a call we always say "Please turn off any cell phones or BlackBerries at this time because the signal may interfere with our equipment." That's been the standard script ever since I joined this company 7 years ago.
    I attended an event where we were asked to turn off all cell phones and pagers.
    05-15-12 09:15 AM
    Pagers? Was this event teleported back to 1988?
    05-15-12 09:42 AM
    I used to own a pager until I took an arrow to the knee.
    00stryder and SFWriter like this.
    05-15-12 09:47 AM
    Everyone likes a comeback. CrackBerry probably didn't start this iClone/sheeple movement. I think generally, people are starting to wonder what is making the iPhone so big, besides the fact that it is so big. There is a lot of great competition out there now and BB is adding a lot of curb appeal and marketing to it's efficiency. I hope Best Buy employees like come backs too.
    00stryder and SFWriter like this.
    05-15-12 09:53 AM
    Emergency and on-call people still use pagers...
    00stryder likes this.
    05-15-12 10:55 AM
    Fox contents still $uxxs. they gave all the cons and let the experts explain the pros. Starting with alpha devices, then campaigns ...

Looks like me in apple store buying a iPod, merely holding it with to fingers "my sweet darling, are you really sure you want nothing but this ?". So, finally, I can't blame.
    05-15-12 11:17 AM
    I attended an event where we were asked to turn off all cell phones and pagers.
    Time travelling convention??? lol
    05-15-12 11:20 AM
    Fox has usually been supportive of Blackberry... Important to differentiate between Fox News on TV and the other media.... Fox in print has a right bent but really not more than the NYT is liberal.... the TV side is a whole different animal.....
    05-15-12 11:27 AM
    Emergency and on-call people still use pagers...

That has been shifting,

I know multiple coroner departments that have issued a feature phone as a pager replacement because the large volume of doctors with iPhones who were unable to make phone calls to call into the page and payphones don't really exist any longer
    05-15-12 12:53 PM
    They flip-flop faster than a politician in an election cycle. Pay the report no mind.
    05-15-12 02:19 PM
    They flip-flop faster than a politician in an election cycle. Pay the report no mind.
    Indeed! Check back tomorrow for a change of heart, lol! Not like it was free unbiased statement anyway....

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-15-12 02:37 PM
    Objective? Hardly. They must have received a pretty penny for their good publicity. Since when does ANY news station offer objective, bias-free news?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Ouch! A bit cynical perhaps but a fair comment based on the track records of Fox and other media outlets.
    05-15-12 05:14 PM
    Let's face it, RIM can use any good publicity going into late 2012 when BB10 will debut. I hope that we see more positive media exposure in the near future along with an extended marketing campaign. Something that will bring folks back to BB and entice new BB users.
    05-15-12 05:21 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD