Hi all,

First, sorry if this isn't the good place to post this.

I have installed Foursquare on my BB Bold 9790 but when I check the "Explore" tab it always remain blank with no information on it.

I have tried to delete and reinstall the app, give all the permissions and nothing works.

I asked in twitter to @4sqSupport but had no answer.

Anyone could tell me something, please?

Cheers from Barcelona.
    04-16-12 10:23 AM
    I have Foursquare installed as well. V(3.5.1) and the Explore tabs always work. Have you tried a battery pull? Or tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?
    04-16-12 10:52 AM
    Thanks for your answer Oniberry!

Yes, I tried the battery pull and also to delete and reinstall the app and nothing happens!

I have check it and my Foursquare version is 3.8.1 to add some information.

Also, I remember that when I had foursquare installed on my 9800 doesn't apper any information on the explore tab so it cames from long ago that I can access it.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Biulet; 04-16-12 at 11:12 AM.
    04-16-12 11:05 AM
    I can't really say, as I have not updated to the latest version of Foursquared.

Have you tried going to the Four forums Community can maybe help you quicker than we can. https://getsatisfaction.com/foursquare
    Last edited by Oniberry; 04-16-12 at 02:53 PM.
    Biulet likes this.
    04-16-12 12:19 PM
    Wow! Thanks Oniberry!

Didn't know about this forums! I will take a look and post the question if hasn't been solved yet.

Thanks again!
    04-16-12 12:50 PM
    also try refreshing your gps satellites in the location settings
    04-16-12 02:04 PM
    Thanks blueyestm, I have refreshed the GPS but not worked.

I don't think it is a GPS problem as I can make Check-ins with no problem and Foursquare detects me properly.

It is really strange... I have written to @4sqSupport, e-mailed them and also to the 4square Forum support but had no answer yet.
    04-17-12 05:16 AM
    I had an answer from 4square team by e-mail.

They know they are having that issue in some BlackBerry users and they will solve it with a new update (soon I hope).

Thanks for all your answers, I will keep posted if I have some more information.

Cheers!
    04-18-12 05:18 PM
    I deleted foursquare today because I think it was killing my battery. Anyone else experience high drain rate with the app?
    04-18-12 06:58 PM
    I deleted foursquare today because I think it was killing my battery. Anyone else experience high drain rate with the app?

For you not to experience battery drains, never leave Foursquare running in the background by hitting close or pressing the back button. Make sure you Exit the app so it will not update every second...
    04-19-12 02:40 AM
    Nop. I always have the Foursquare app open and had no problem with the battery.

What I have done is remove the automatically refresh of facebook and twitter. For me this is really worth it as the only thing it happens is that when I enter FB or Twitter it takes some seconds to refresh all my contacts information, if someone tweets me or I have a FB notification it stills notify me. I would recommend you do the same as the battery last much more without this two apps running and refreshing every hour.

Cheers!
    04-19-12 02:46 AM
    Nop. I always have the Foursquare app open and had no problem with the battery.

What I have done is remove the automatically refresh of facebook and twitter. For me this is really worth it as the only thing it happens is that when I enter FB or Twitter it takes some seconds to refresh all my contacts information, if someone tweets me or I have a FB notification it stills notify me. I would recommend you do the same as the battery last much more without this two apps running and refreshing every hour.

Cheers!

Your phone might not have the GPS capability or it is turned off. As for mine I have to keep it turned on for certain reasons and if I keep the Foursquare up, it will refresh my GPS every now and then and it may eat up my battery more than any internet connected application.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 12:31 AM
    Thanks for your answer ronnel.gacutana!

But I have the GPS function ON and my GPS is working perfectly. I check it in the Options menu and also I can make check-ins without any problem. It says where I am and what I have arround me so it is not a GPS problem.

I received an e-mail from foursquare and they told me that they are aware of this bug (so I think some people could have it) and they will try to solve it within the next updates. I first thought that this will be a software bug as everything else in the app works correct that is why I wrote here, because I thought more people get it and maybe someone had found a solution before they release the update.

Cheers!
    04-24-12 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD