I was typing an email to someone today on my BB Curve, and I typed "your sig" followed by two spaces (which makes a period and starts a new sentence). When I did this, it put in the text that my device displays when it is locked, where it shows the owner information.

I tried it multiple times, and it did it again every time I tried it. I've heard of text shortcuts before, but this one is strange. How do text shortcuts work? Are there others you folks use on a regular basis?
    02-16-09 02:30 PM
    Its probably in autotext under sig. Options/auto text ....you'll find a lot of stuff there. You can make your own too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:45 PM
    Goto auto text through options and you will see it there.

u-you
    ure-you're
    wnt-want
    Etc......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:47 PM
    there are tx shortcuts in your ph called "auto text" if ur typing a sms(tx)/mms(pix) msg it will correct ur spelling errors. you can also add to the auto tx for something like your name to appear at the end of a tx/mms msg. For instance, you can add to auto tx to type "name" and space and have it replace with your name, i.e. joe smith. you can turn this option off if you'd like by clicking on your "options">sms text>scroll down to "disable auto text> choose yes or no, remember to save ur setting b4 u come out of the menu. also if you type "mypin" with a space, your pin # will come up as well, used for bbm. hope this helped.
    02-16-09 02:48 PM
    Yep Autotext is really useful. Here's some of the things that were already in mine.

myver = current OS installed on my phone.

mynumber = my phone number

usrid = my user name
    02-16-09 02:55 PM
    Lt=current time

Ld=current date
    02-16-09 03:19 PM
    mypin + space = your PIN number.

Any shortcut can be created in AutoText. I suggest using either letters or numbers that you don't use in normal conversations. I have all of my email addresses as shortcuts, the first three letters + space.
    02-16-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD