Actually yes it is that desirable compared to supply available. Samsung predicted they would sell one Edge to every two regular S6, and it has actually been about 1:1. They have issues with screen production limitations on the Edge, so device shortages, and higher prices. That's why if BlackBerry is using a similar screen or the same on the slider, then it could cause delays if Samsung can't meet demand for their own products.

Posted via Z30
    Where are you getting your information about the Samsung S6 Edge? I work for Samsung Telecommunications America, and I've never seen the information you're supplying in this post.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-01-15 07:58 PM
    Rumours are also that a lot of these devices come with pre installed malware. Supposedly tampered with hardware as well. Look for articles on this.

CB10 - Passport
    07-01-15 08:36 PM
    Where are you getting your information about the Samsung S6 Edge? I work for Samsung Telecommunications America, and I've never seen the information you're supplying in this post.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...tstrips-supply

Just Google Search Galaxy S6 Edge shortage and see what all pops up. But if your executives are lying to the press or being misquoted by numerous news outlets then please let us know.

Posted via Z30
    07-01-15 08:45 PM
    The execs are more likely to lie to us, rather than the press. That type of lie could damage stock value. But, please remember, not everything on the Internet is true. My area ratio of edge to flat is probably 5:1 in favor of the flat.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-02-15 03:10 PM
    The execs are more likely to lie to us, rather than the press. That type of lie could damage stock value. But, please remember, not everything on the Internet is true. My area ratio of edge to flat is probably 5:1 in favor of the flat.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Why are you not using your Samsung..heresy!

Please let us know when the Samsung slider is coming out.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 02:03 AM
    Who says I don't carry an s6? I prefer my z30 over the s6 or note 4 for that matter.

Samsung slider? Nothing in the pipes for that.

Note 5, s6 mini, s6 Max on the way.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-03-15 08:59 AM
    Who says I don't carry an s6? I prefer my z30 over the s6 or note 4 for that matter.

Samsung slider? Nothing in the pipes for that.

Note 5, s6 mini, s6 Max on the way.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    What has been the reaction of your coworkers when you bring out your Z30?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-03-15 04:40 PM
    To bad "our " Samsung rep does not work for BlackBerry. We could use an insider.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 07-04-15 at 10:28 PM.
    07-03-15 06:04 PM
    ...I did more research about it and apparently it's all over Africa and Asia.

I know this horse has been beaten to death many times. But I still wonder why BlackBerry makes worth spec devices for more than triple the price... it can't be for "software development costs" that price is still just unreasonable.
    If it were equally speced to that phone, but with the BlackBerry brand and quality. It would easily justify paying triple the price for it.
    But using components from 4 years ago for that price is just ridiculous.

I really wish success for this brand and with the devices they're pushing out (Z3, Classic, Leap) future is looking bleak at best

And a counter to the BlackBerry 10 doesn't need high specs to work smoothly is that we use android apps and they are sluggish as hell. By comparing a Z10 to the Passport you can clearly see that specs make android apps A LOT smoother....
    I have not come across this brand yet in Singapore, where the market is... much smaller than South Africa to compare...
    However, in our market we have lots of Chinese brand available in the market, @ very attractive price points and lower than expectation specifications. Some are affordable, yet packs with hardware specs with big punches.

Not mentioned in the specs you've listed, is the identity of the SoC used. Cheap/Budget friendly makes are mostly packed with MTK SoC that looks "stunning" on paper, yet performs below expectation to some picky users... such as gamers or phone photographers. Cheap hardware options such as Broadcom SoC are not so popular with Chinese makers.
    However, there's a larger population out there who're not so picky about hardware specs, "As long as it serves my needs... Internet browsing, Social media connection..." And this is the group that drives the sales of such devices.

No matter where the brands originated from, INDIA, PHILIPPINES, Malaysia, or Singapore, HongKong, Taiwan... such budget friendly devices are mostly OEM/ODM produced. MTKs are very common in the models made by these, lesser known companies in other regions other than where they're from...
    I'm not saying that there won't be Qualcomm, or TiOMAP SoC based products available thru these companies... but they're certainly priced higher, that most of the consumers will go for the competitive ones which are MTK based as most of these consumers do not know what are the limitations of the SoC used...

MTK systems, in large numbers are buggy and bloatware filled... and the RAM size mostly couldn't handle the operation as newer OS will have newer demands on RAM size.
    07-03-15 06:56 PM
    What has been the reaction of your coworkers when you bring out your Z30?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I get the obvious shock and the questions, like "why do you still carry a BlackBerry?" But people don't seem to understand that I carry the phone that makes me get through the day better.

Also, the post under the quoted post... uhh... what?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 09:00 AM
35 12