Hey,

So I found a phone, looks like an older 8000 series phone that says Tmobile on the side. It was smashed in the parking lot and the screen was broken but i managed to get the phone to call my phone. Got the number called the guys number and left him a message. I was curious whether or not i should just turn it into a T mobile kiosk or something and maybe they can reach him and let him know they have his Blackberry? I know i would be pissed if i lost the numbers on my phone.

at this time the phone is blinking with a green light, which i think means the battery is dying. I dont have a charger for it. Anyway I figured if there was anything I could do, I would just ask the Community.

Blackberry members watch each other's backs!
    04-28-09 05:14 PM
    Yeah man, go turn it in!!

They should be able to see what account its on and contact the person, I feel bad for who ever lost it
    04-28-09 05:17 PM
    Word! I guess thats all i can really do
    04-28-09 05:21 PM
    I wouldn't take it to a kiosk because I wouldn't trust that they would return it. I'd just take it to at least a corporate store.
    04-28-09 05:21 PM
    Inous, you are a great member of this community. For your efforts, I give you a HUGE round of applause.

More people need to be like you.

I'd turn the phone into a T-Mobile store or kiosk. Then, when the guy calls you back, just let him know the phone is safe and let him know where to pick it up.

Again, well played, sir... Well played.
    04-28-09 05:22 PM
    You could also check to see if their is more owner info on the lock screen. There might be a home number there too.

EDIT: Have to add that the disembodied head of Bob Saget is right. This is a really cool thing to do. There aren't too many out there that would put in the effort. Very well played! If I ever lose my BlackBerry (I'll probably be dead if it happens) I hope you are the one to find it.
    Last edited by roeod4; 04-28-09 at 05:26 PM.
    04-28-09 05:23 PM
    I hope if I ever lose my BB someone like you steps up! Take it to corporate for sure, not a kiosk...
    04-28-09 05:32 PM
    Hey what comes around, goes around. Thats my life motto. Thanks Guys! Take it easy!
    04-28-09 05:32 PM
    You could also check to see if their is more owner info on the lock screen. There might be a home number there too.

EDIT: Have to add that the disembodied head of Bob Saget is right. This is a really cool thing to do. There aren't too many out there that would put in the effort. Very well played! If I ever lose my BlackBerry (I'll probably be dead if it happens) I hope you are the one to find it.
    *Bob nods to roeod4 and thanks for agreeing with his Almighty-ness*
    04-28-09 05:38 PM
    You can look up one of there offices and mail in in.
    04-28-09 08:29 PM
    Good call man, most of the time I have to bash someone on a thread like this because the person wants to know how to use it or does not want to turn it in, losers...
    04-28-09 08:32 PM
    Kudos to you for doing the right thing-i wuld have done the same thing to find the rightful owner to return it!! We def need more people like you in the world!! Awesome!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 08:56 PM
    I wouldn't take it to a kiosk because I wouldn't trust that they would return it. I'd just take it to at least a corporate store.
    This is what I would do.

04-28-09 09:03 PM
    turn it in def
    04-28-09 09:09 PM
    Inous I wanna keep the parade going for you being a responsible individual and wanting to return the device to its rightful owner. Do the work my friend...job well done!
    04-28-09 09:10 PM
    I have to say if I ever lose my BB I hope you or someone like you finds it and turns it in. There are so many dishonest people in this world, one being a girl I work with who found a BB in a clothing store dressing room and then tried to sell it to me and got all pissy when I suggested she turn it in. It is refreshing to know there are still honest people in this world.

04-28-09 09:34 PM
    Would you keep it if it was a better phone then you had? Teehee. I'm teasing. Turn it in. Its the right thing to do. I would be heartbroken if I lost my phone or it got stolen.

Last edited by SuddenlySara; 04-29-09 at 11:03 PM.
    04-29-09 10:39 PM
    Yes, returning the device is certainly the right thing to do. I've had to teach that to my boys tim

Character is defined as doing the right thing when no one else is looking.

04-30-09 12:38 AM
    Charge a Dodge Viper to his phone bill!
    04-30-09 12:40 AM
    You're a good person for wanting to turn it in, you know. Kudos to you and may good things come your way.
    04-30-09 12:44 AM
    Geez, I was expecting to find yet another thread with an OP that wanted someone to agree with him/her about keeping/stealing a phone they found.

I was pleasantly surprised! Thanks for doing the right thing. If everyone did things like this the world would be a much better place.

You will be rewarded in one way or another.

04-30-09 12:49 AM
    Turning in an orphaned BB = excellent BB karma for you, my friend. I think BB owners are a special breed. Takes one to respect another's BB.

04-30-09 12:58 AM
    somebody give this guy a cracky award.. or a gift certificate..
    04-30-09 01:14 AM
    Hey,

So I found a phone, looks like an older 8000 series phone that says Tmobile on the side. It was smashed in the parking lot and the screen was broken but i managed to get the phone to call my phone. Got the number called the guys number and left him a message. I was curious whether or not i should just turn it into a T mobile kiosk or something and maybe they can reach him and let him know they have his Blackberry? I know i would be pissed if i lost the numbers on my phone.

at this time the phone is blinking with a green light, which i think means the battery is dying. I dont have a charger for it. Anyway I figured if there was anything I could do, I would just ask the Community.

Blackberry members watch each other's backs!
    WTG! More people should do the same. I just have a question, you said you called and left a message- I'm guessing to his voice mail. You also said the battery is dying- have you plugged it in to charge in the event someone calls it? You could at least let the caller know you have it.

Honestly, I think s/he would get it back faster from you than turning it into a store where they'll probably not care enough to try to contact the owner. I've seen that done.
    04-30-09 01:14 AM
    Geez, I was expecting to find yet another thread with an OP that wanted someone to agree with him/her about keeping/stealing a phone they found.

I was pleasantly surprised! Thanks for doing the right thing. If everyone did things like this the world would be a much better place.

You will be rewarded in one way or another.

Ruex, thread title had me thinking this very same thing. I think this makes the 2nd thread I've ever read around here in which someone actively did something positive.
    04-30-09 01:16 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD