I would have asked this question of my carrier's "tech support" (VZN) but given some of the information I've received from them lately, I think I'll get a more reliable answer here!

There are times when I receive a SMS message on my Storm that I want to forward it to someone that only has an email address in their contact record. If I click FORWARD, and choose the recipient, I'll get a message like "No SMS address for this contact". Similarly, there are times I get an email and I want to forward it as an SMS and I'm told there's no email address in the record.

Why should this be such a big deal, RIM? When I select a contact, just let me choose which form of message (EMAIL, SMS, MMS, etc.) I want to use... just like when I create a new message.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this by "design"? (And, yes, I know I can copy and paste the data, but that's a needless pain in the arse!)

Thanks for your comments!
    JIM
    05-21-09 08:55 AM
    My Curve has an option to FowardAs, where I can select Email as one of the formats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:54 AM
    I would have asked this question of my carrier's "tech support" (VZN) but given some of the information I've received from them lately, I think I'll get a more reliable answer here!

There are times when I receive a SMS message on my Storm that I want to forward it to someone that only has an email address in their contact record. If I click FORWARD, and choose the recipient, I'll get a message like "No SMS address for this contact". Similarly, there are times I get an email and I want to forward it as an SMS and I'm told there's no email address in the record.

Why should this be such a big deal, RIM? When I select a contact, just let me choose which form of message (EMAIL, SMS, MMS, etc.) I want to use... just like when I create a new message.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this by "design"? (And, yes, I know I can copy and paste the data, but that's a needless pain in the arse!)

Thanks for your comments!
    JIM

You can forward a sms to an email.
    When you have the SMS open the forward icon should be highlighted.
    Press that and just enter the first letter of the person name, so if his name is Richard jut type r and all of your contacts with R show up and from there select the the person and all of their a contact options show up.

By the way if you enter a person full name on the reply window on a SMS message, the Storm would just assume that the person can be reached by SMS.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 05-21-09 at 10:15 AM.
    05-21-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD