I joined last year when I first got my 3GS because in doing a search on bad battery life, a post from here showed up. I ultimately returned the iPhone but remained on the forum.
    It's to the point now that I only come in every few days. The constant rants, bashing, marketshare obsessive compulsive armchair economists and the 12 year olds are ridiculously annoying. All I can handle is popping in, running to the 9800 forum, and if by chance I stop anywhere else all I see are idiotic posts filled with pointless debates. iPhone vs. Android vs. Blackberry vs. WinMo, bashing, ramming ideas into people's heads, insulting, flaming.
    This used to be a place to come to for the exchange of actual, helpful information. It's now nothing but a rant fest, truly sad. Silly arguments over whose device is better - really? Is this high school? I suppose for a large group, it is....or they simply never grew up.
    There are good mods here, but I wonder why they allow these adolescent, angst ridden bullies to post inane after inane post. There are people here I respect, but I see less and less of them yet more and more posts from people with the intellectual capacity of an overcooked turnip.
    Having the right to express an opinion doesn't equate to virtually nuking someone's brain with your idiocy.
    It's too bad. This was a great place. Walking away, this place has increasingly little to offer.
    06-30-10 12:10 PM
    Just great, and you've gone and started one more.
    06-30-10 12:25 PM
    Yeah ironic...

Just how people start threads bashing other phones and the answer is always "if you don't like it, don't buy it." Answer kinda of the same here. If you don't like the site, don't visit. Complaining about it isn't gonna make it any better.
    06-30-10 12:29 PM
    Yes, it has. I come here mostly trying to find out news about the 9800 and OS6, but usually end up finding a BB vs iPhone vs Android fanboy faceoff.
    06-30-10 12:30 PM
    Complaining threads are no better than bashing threads... Good luck to wherever you go.
    06-30-10 12:35 PM
    I understand where you're coming from, but there is a simple fix.

Don't open those threads.
    06-30-10 12:40 PM
    I think the forums are still insightful. There still seem to be a lot of people on who are willing to help. I just hate some of the sarcasm that ensues when someone is asking a genuine question. We're not all BB gods! lol
    06-30-10 12:41 PM
    I think the forums are still insightful. There still seem to be a lot of people on who are willing to help. I just hate some of the sarcasm that ensues when someone is asking a genuine question. We're not all BB gods! lol
    The sarcasm will continue until the questions stop.

I don't mind lending a hand at all, I just don't want to hear about why something is better/worse, people making bad mistakes based on uninformed opinions or anything that anyone has to say that are against my political views.

See, turns out i am always right as long as no one proves me wrong, so if I can be left in peace things will go much better for everyone.
    06-30-10 12:48 PM
    06-30-10 12:54 PM
    if you only wish to see a certain part of the forum, why not bookmark that subforum on you browser, thereby negating the need to a) see posts you dont want to and b) make posts you proclaim annoy you so much.

surely thats a win win situation?
    06-30-10 12:58 PM
    Nice rant/bash/inane thread. Yes its gotton a little outta hand. Why they don't do something about it? Ask a mod.. Don't like it? Go somewhere else. 'Nuff said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 12:58 PM
    It is a great place for info, reading threads that make you laugh or sick. Also fun sometimes to just join in and bash or bash the basher.

People really should learn to lighten up a little. If it bothers you then don't read the threads or participate.

My dog is better than your dog.
    06-30-10 01:02 PM
    I joined last year when I first got my 3GS because in doing a search on bad battery life, a post from here showed up. I ultimately returned the iPhone but remained on the forum.
    It's to the point now that I only come in every few days. The constant rants, bashing, marketshare obsessive compulsive armchair economists and the 12 year olds are ridiculously annoying. All I can handle is popping in, running to the 9800 forum, and if by chance I stop anywhere else all I see are idiotic posts filled with pointless debates. iPhone vs. Android vs. Blackberry vs. WinMo, bashing, ramming ideas into people's heads, insulting, flaming.
    This used to be a place to come to for the exchange of actual, helpful information. It's now nothing but a rant fest, truly sad. Silly arguments over whose device is better - really? Is this high school? I suppose for a large group, it is....or they simply never grew up.
    There are good mods here, but I wonder why they allow these adolescent, angst ridden bullies to post inane after inane post. There are people here I respect, but I see less and less of them yet more and more posts from people with the intellectual capacity of an overcooked turnip.
    Having the right to express an opinion doesn't equate to virtually nuking someone's brain with your idiocy.
    It's too bad. This was a great place. Walking away, this place has increasingly little to offer.
    Well said... I'm not walking away... but I agree with alot of this post.
    06-30-10 01:02 PM
    06-30-10 01:04 PM
    Satan freaking christ.....another one?????
    06-30-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD