isheep, ifail, fandroid, etc.
    Those are the civilized insults...

You forgot the really disgusting ones:

if*g, g*ypad, ih*mo etc... The ones that show how bigots now have a another medium through which they can anonymously(as cowards often do) express their disdain for others.
    03-09-12 01:30 PM
    Those are the civilized insults...

You forgot the really disgusting ones:

if*g, g*ypad, ih*mo etc... The ones that show how bigots now have a another medium through which they can anonymously(as cowards often do) express their disdain for others.
    I love the iToy, iSheeple, iCrap comments,
    but those that you mentioned have NO place, I'll bug you about your phone, as I am bugged about mine and I refrain from calling an iProduct anything but it's actual name when I am on an iProduct site, though on a CrackBerry site, i'll call it an itoy, or icrap,

I call my Nissan Altima the Nissan CrAptima, except for when I'm on Nissan forums, there I'll refer to it by it's missbranding.

I'll call Rogers Wireless just that when on their boards, but off their boards I will gladly call them Robbers wireless.

If people get upset about iToy comments while on a BlackBerry board, they really don't belong on a BlackBerry board, I can't hang out on a NHL board if I don't want to hear any dissing of my favourite team, though I expect when I am on a board for that team that our rival teams will be heavily dealt negative comments about their performance against mine.

but the bigotry comments I agree, have no place and I'd report said posts in a second, no matter who I saw post them.
    the_sleuth, Bobcat665 and Kevstra like this.
    03-09-12 01:39 PM
    The trolling is nowhere near as bad as it was just 5-6 months ago. But that's not to say all is peachy keen either, but then, it never will be.

Sure there are trolls, but more often than not, numerous accusations of trolling is unfounded. There are many times when somebody supporting BB in a discussion throws out an incorrect statement, and is then subsequently corrected by somebody supporting another platform, the BB supporter lashes back with "Go to your own forums iTroll!" or something similar. A statement that is simply something you don't like to hear, or a point you would rather not concede so as not to tarnish your perception, is not necessarily trolling. Nor are simple opinions different from the majority to be considered trolling.

Some examples...

"RIM/BB really needs to break away from physical keyboards. They're old and out of date. Get with the times man!" <---- Not trolling. Simply opinion.

"Only losers and hippies stand by their physical keyboards!" <---- Definite trolling.

"BB is unmatched in email." <---- opinion that can be defended. No Troll.
    "My IP4s handles email just as well." <---- opinion that may take a bit of work to defend. No Troll.
    "iSheep don't have a clue about email" <---- Trolling, albeit to the minority.
    "Get out of our forums iFan!" <---- defending turf, but still trolling.
    "You don't have Push email on your IP4s" <---- Incorrect statement, not trolling.
    "Yes we do." <---- Corrected statement, not trolling.
    "LOL! BB users don't know squat! Get a better phone!" <---- Intended to get a rise, Trolling.

"Former BB users who jumped ship... SHUT UP ALREADY" <---- Trolling
    03-09-12 01:43 PM
    I love the iToy, iSheeple, iCrap comments,
    but those that you mentioned have NO place, I'll bug you about your phone, as I am bugged about mine and I refrain from calling an iProduct anything but it's actual name when I am on an iProduct site, though on a CrackBerry site, i'll call it an itoy, or icrap,

I call my Nissan Altima the Nissan CrAptima, except for when I'm on Nissan forums, there I'll refer to it by it's missbranding.

I'll call Rogers Wireless just that when on their boards, but off their boards I will gladly call them Robbers wireless.

If people get upset about iToy comments while on a BlackBerry board, they really don't belong on a BlackBerry board, I can't hang out on a NHL board if I don't want to hear any dissing of my favourite team, though I expect when I am on a board for that team that our rival teams will be heavily dealt negative comments about their performance against mine.

but the bigotry comments I agree, have no place and I'd report said posts in a second, no matter who I saw post them.
    I'm on other boards as well. Don't know if you read comics, but your ever see Hulk/Thor/Superman fans go at who's the strongest??

The level of personal and group bullying here reads more like 15 yr olds MYSPACE than a site for folks who(at least claim to) like to talk about a particular subject.
    03-09-12 02:01 PM
    I know CrackBerry.com is a private site that is not under the common laws of the land. But I think no matter how much I hate RIM haters and BB haters, it is hard to stop these comments. Sometimes I have seen (I have done it too) people being critical of RIM not because they hate RIM, but because they want to see RIM producing a better product.

Anyway, I don't like someone who doesn't own a RIM device coming here and posting their views on RIM. But I think we should still encourage logical arguments against RIM because I know for a fact that some people higher up at RIM reads some of the things posted on crackberry.com.

While I agree I don't like RIM haters, we need some criticism to push RIM forward for innovation.
    03-09-12 02:10 PM
    The trolling is nowhere near as bad as it was just 5-6 months ago. But that's not to say all is peachy keen either, but then, it never will be.

Sure there are trolls, but more often than not, numerous accusations of trolling is unfounded. There are many times when somebody supporting BB in a discussion throws out an incorrect statement, and is then subsequently corrected by somebody supporting another platform, the BB supporter lashes back with "Go to your own forums iTroll!" or something similar. A statement that is simply something you don't like to hear, or a point you would rather not concede so as not to tarnish your perception, is not necessarily trolling. Nor are simple opinions different from the majority to be considered trolling.

Some examples...

"RIM/BB really needs to break away from physical keyboards. They're old and out of date. Get with the times man!" <---- Not trolling. Simply opinion.

"Only losers and hippies stand by their physical keyboards!" <---- Definite trolling.

"BB is unmatched in email." <---- opinion that can be defended. No Troll.
    "My IP4s handles email just as well." <---- opinion that may take a bit of work to defend. No Troll.
    "iSheep don't have a clue about email" <---- Trolling, albeit to the minority.
    "Get out of our forums iFan!" <---- defending turf, but still trolling.
    "You don't have Push email on your IP4s" <---- Incorrect statement, not trolling.
    "Yes we do." <---- Corrected statement, not trolling.
    "LOL! BB users don't know squat! Get a better phone!" <---- Intended to get a rise, Trolling.

"Former BB users who jumped ship... SHUT UP ALREADY" <---- Trolling
    There is a fine line between trolling and what is considered as a good post. At the end of the day, there is no way to control every post on this site with millions of visitors.
    03-09-12 02:14 PM
    I'm on other boards as well. Don't know if you read comics, but your ever see Hulk/Thor/Superman fans go at who's the strongest??

The level of personal and group bullying here reads more like 15 yr olds MYSPACE than a site for folks who(at least claim to) like to talk about a particular subject.
    No I don't follow the comic's though I'm sure they are about the same as NHL boards.

one of the posters listed here, as a former great her and I disagreed ALL THE TIME but I welcomed seeing her in discussions about BlackBerry, she was intelligently negative about a Product, not the company, she could pick apart the weaknesses of underlying technology and have a strong valid argument,

THAT was the CrackBerry that was fun, the "well look at there stock price" arguments are that sub 15 year old intelligence you are seeing now.
    03-09-12 05:11 PM
    I am somewhat of a newer member to Crackberry, but one of the first things I noticed was a level of immaturity that seems to eventually happen in many threads. Not only from trolls, but from Crackberry members. People get soooo defensive here that everything seems to turn sour quickly, and that happens from members as well.

It might be an age-related thing: for example, I used to be on Audiworld for many years, and for the most part discussions were civilized and very helpful (which they needed to be since my Audi broke down all the time, but that's another topic). But after 5-6 years or so, I started noticing more immaturity in the discussions, a lot more attacks, etc, and I figured out why: the Audi was now being sold as a used cars to a much younger crowd who could now afford it, and those guys brought baggage with them. I eventually left that forum when some guys formed a new Audi forum filled with the old-time members.

Maybe I'm a snob, maybe not. But let's just say that sometimes I feel that I shouldn't post stuff because I don't want to deal with trolls AND members over-reacting. That means less time spent on the forum. And less money for Kevin.
    moiselles likes this.
    03-09-12 06:04 PM
    Can't we all just get along. I know, will never happen. I agree but also think some of us bb lovers need to cool it a bit as I see threads that are going well and as soon as someone mentions isheep etc. then the crap starts flying.

I know I USE to use the iwhatever but have refrainded from doing that for some time now...........I think.
    oldtimeBBaddict and moiselles like this.
    03-09-12 06:36 PM
    Bobcat665: I have several reasons for hanging around although I am no longer a BB user.
    (1) The friends I have made here. (2) The knowledge I gained here. Not just about the BB
    but other platforms. (3) When I was a newb to BlackBerry some of what is considered the
    old guard of CrackBerry helped me along. I owe it to some other newbie to pay that back.
    When I was a newb two members helped me along...AG and Severe Deceit...that's reason enough for me to enjoy seeing them here occasionally I might not have developed the love I have for my bb if it wasn't for them
    03-09-12 07:09 PM
    Hey AG! Haven't seen you around in a while!
    03-09-12 07:12 PM
    The trolling from about this period doesnt even come close to the amount of trolling during the Storm series. Now that was trolling at its finest. Its nice to see a name from the past. Glad to see you once again AG
    03-09-12 07:31 PM
    As I respect AG's opinion,

one thing to remember is we all are going to have our own opinions in certain subjects or discussions.

Forums have rules. This Forum also has rules. TOS were agreed to upon signing up. There are some users who feel they can walk all over people on the forums. This stops now. It's getting old and you are not going to be accepted here.

Although we try to allow as much open discussion and debates. The rules are in place to move things forward. Most of you have been here for a long time now and the respect that should be shown to new users or those seeking help should be positive, more then what I am seeing recently.

Think back on when you joined...I know for myself, I was seeking help and the first thread I started I got 10-15 replies with in minutes and got my answer! Awesome!!!!

Some of you have stated we need to show our frustrations with certain devices and OS's to make the manufacture "Hear" us. Okay that is true, but we have mentioned time and time again. DO NOT ATTACK each other.We all might not agree with another user on why they like this and why they like that. But things get a little to personal now days.

Members with higher post count and those who have been registered for a while - should know better - and are not exempt. You should not be cursing, attacking, or making other members feel stupid for opening a thread.
    Let's discuss what we love and what to improve on. But seriously if you come into the forums to instigate fights, I can rest assure you will not be here long.

Let's help those who need it and share the knowledge that we have learned here as well and pass it on. Show respect for the owners of this site and the people who manage it, and the users who wish to enjoy their time here.

Let's start NOW
    Chrisy and moiselles like this.
    03-09-12 07:44 PM
    The trolling from about this period doesnt even come close to the amount of trolling during the Storm series. Now that was trolling at its finest. Its nice to see a name from the past. Glad to see you once again AG
    It's was different though. Back then it was BlackBerry Storm owners that were dissatisfied with a device they waited a long time for.

Now it's a lot of former BlackBerry owners coming back to bash RIM.

However, I only see a few people actually straight up bashing consistently. Others are current BlackBerry owners giving opinion and just wanting some improvements.

There are also a handful of non BlackBerry users here that are really helpful and insightful. They may compare and inform but they don't troll.

You can spot trolling when you see it. I advise using the report button for those cases.

I do think the comparisons threads are now over board. I like hearing other platform news and features but I mostly just want BlackBerry info, news, tips, help.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    03-09-12 07:48 PM
    I've been sitting here trying to decide what to write and then I realized the title says it all....thank you very much.
    03-09-12 08:08 PM
    Well put ag, good to see you still visit. I still cannot understand the reason for those that switch to even say anything. Its not like anyone here cares. I may as well make a new thread each day and tell everyone here what I ate for breakfast. I could give a ratsass who uses what. If it really makes you happy "I'm Glad"! But go tell the people on the new phones forum, NOT US!
    03-09-12 08:43 PM
    As I respect AG's opinion,

one thing to remember is we all are going to have our own opinions in certain subjects or discussions.

Forums have rules. This Forum also has rules. TOS were agreed to upon signing up. There are some users who feel they can walk all over people on the forums. This stops now. It's getting old and you are not going to be accepted here.

Although we try to allow as much open discussion and debates. The rules are in place to move things forward. Most of you have been here for a long time now and the respect that should be shown to new users or those seeking help should be positive, more then what I am seeing recently.

Think back on when you joined...I know for myself, I was seeking help and the first thread I started I got 10-15 replies with in minutes and got my answer! Awesome!!!!

Some of you have stated we need to show our frustrations with certain devices and OS's to make the manufacture "Hear" us. Okay that is true, but we have mentioned time and time again. DO NOT ATTACK each other.We all might not agree with another user on why they like this and why they like that. But things get a little to personal now days.

Let's discuss what we love and what to improve on. But seriously if you come into the forums to instigate fights, I can rest assure you will not be here long.

Let's help those who need it and share the knowledge that we have learned here as well and pass it on. Show respect for the owners of this site and the people who manage it, and the users who wish to enjoy their time here.

Let's start NOW
    John, I'm with you on all of this. But there are several other currently active threads and a handful of users who have been conspicuously absent from this one which I believe are much more deserving of this message. Which is not to say it isn't needed here as well...we could all use to be reminded of proper forum etiquette every now and then. Nonetheless, AG's message also needed to be delivered ... exactly the way he delivered it.
    03-09-12 08:54 PM
    For the longest time I was a Blackberry user, I was even a Moderator on this site.
    For my own reasons I have moved on to another platform. The one thing I will NOT do
    is come on this or any other BB-centric site and bash RIMM or the BB platform and I
    seriously encourage those who are currently doing so to just please SHUT UP.

Let the BB fans enjoy their choice. When we were BB users we loved it. Pass on whatever
    knowledge you have acquired. Any derision, save it for another site. Please.
    Muahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Do I have to wake up now?
    03-09-12 09:12 PM
    AG, gotta hand it to ya, when ya break the silence, you definitely do it with gusto!

Folks, remember, although it's nice to be important, it is more important to be nice. There's no reason to turn on others with such contempt, nor be so nasty, especially to folks that are new to the fold. Even the smartest can suffer a brainfart now and then.

Enjoy what we have here, and be proactive to make it better. Otherwise, we all end up losing, if not a great resource, then at least few notches in civility.
    03-09-12 09:12 PM
    Where else would the OP suggest I go to discuss Blackberry, if not on CB? I can pretty much guarantee you, on ANY other forum, people don't even acknowledge BB's. Heck..i'd even say alot of users forget that Blackbery is still around. But because I come here, and am no longer drinking of the Kool-Aid, I should just leave?

I'll tell you what OP. You should know as well as anyone, if they really wanted to make CB a Blackberry Utopia, where only sunshine and lollipops were spread, it would be VERY simple. But we all know that's never going to happen. There's just too much money to be made from all these "haters" that keep this site going.

My question is though, who would want to visit a forum where there is no discussions anyway?
    There are plenty of discussion going on already, without the many superiority-complex driven essays.
    03-09-12 10:49 PM
    A few previous posters were right when they say its alot calmer now. There were so much more negativity before from people who have.. lets say, zero interest in BB as they are not owners. Constructive discussion is always welcome. For those who want to see the defense line with trolls go to the 99xx forum and go back a few months when bricking was rampant. I have to make a VOTE of satisfaction to shut the trolls up. Partly RIM's fault coz they didn't fix that one nicely. Also, the many posts like "why are you asking whether to buy 9900 in this 9900 sub forum? its a blackberry forum of course they will tell you to buy"... Isn't it obvious why? The right question is.. Why were you there troll?
    Last edited by guzprom; 03-09-12 at 11:06 PM.
    03-09-12 10:54 PM
    Trolls do not bother me as much as they are portrayed in this thread. Sometimes they make me giggle, sensing the frustration or evil mind or whatever it is behind their posts. If some posts are really useless trolls, I simply ignore and move on.
    I am a long time Apple user, have had the iPhone since its beginning, then accidentally encountered a BB some 1.5 years ago. Now I am using 9790 almost 90% of the time. How I juggle those 2 devices and why would be a long story. But perhaps because of that, I do not have any "emotional" attachment to either one of those 2 devices, hence trolls from either side do not bug me at all. They are just someone else's opinions.
    It is just a period when RIM's performance was so poor (objectively) that they deserve some harsh criticism. I was really mad when 9900 was delayed so much when I really liked the BB (9780 at the time) but later found that it was simply RIM's habitual conduct. Then I bashed RIM fairly severely, essentially letting off the steam.

But at the end of the day, people should be allowed to bash BB/RIM if they like, but not the "choice of device" by people.
    03-10-12 10:47 AM
    I wouldn't bash a company because they were not up to my "standards" or "higher" standards, if it came to that, I would have moved on already, bit I haven't.

I respect research in motion, the blackberry brand and evetybody that platform including those that use other platforms the same way.
    03-10-12 12:31 PM
    Agree. If anyone prefers another platform go to one of their sites and say positive things about your new device.

I don't get why anyone would feel compelled to go to a site and be negative.
    03-10-12 04:37 PM
    I wouldn't bash a company because they were not up to my "standards" or "higher" standards, if it came to that, I would have moved on already, bit I haven't.

I respect research in motion, the blackberry brand and evetybody that platform including those that use other platforms the same way.
    Well said.
    03-10-12 04:38 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD