For the longest time I was a Blackberry user, I was even a Moderator on this site.
    For my own reasons I have moved on to another platform. The one thing I will NOT do
    is come on this or any other BB-centric site and bash RIMM or the BB platform and I
    seriously encourage those who are currently doing so to just please SHUT UP.

Let the BB fans enjoy their choice. When we were BB users we loved it. Pass on whatever
    knowledge you have acquired. Any derision, save it for another site. Please.
    03-08-12 10:20 PM
    Here ... Here..... some sanity....
    03-08-12 10:39 PM
    I'll admit that there are people here who have BBs forced on them because of it being a job requirement and are even stuck with second rate devices, I.T. and software because of cheapskate employers. There are some people here who have to wait out a contract on their personal plan before they can switch to a device (and platform) they truly want.

Then there are those who no longer have a BB and no longer have anything to with the platform at all...... BUT they still hang around here to bash RIM and p*ss us remaining BB fans off. They have little in the way of logical or positive to offer; they just dump on RIM, BBs and people who want to keep using them. To these folks I have to pose the question as to why they keep hanging around here like a bad smell: WTF are you still doing here? If you have nothing positive or constructive to offer, *G*T*F*O*!!!
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 03-08-12 at 10:56 PM.
    03-08-12 10:46 PM
    Bobcat665: I have several reasons for hanging around although I am no longer a BB user.
    (1) The friends I have made here. (2) The knowledge I gained here. Not just about the BB
    but other platforms. (3) When I was a newb to BlackBerry some of what is considered the
    old guard of CrackBerry helped me along. I owe it to some other newbie to pay that back.
    13echo4, guerllamo7, Hamp and 4 others like this.
    03-08-12 10:57 PM
    Well AG, you're not the kind I have issue with because your reason for being here IS NOT to cr*p on BB. Those other kinds of which I speak know who they are and I wish they'd just shut up and leave like you suggest...
    03-08-12 11:02 PM
    Well AG, you're not the kind I have issue with because your reason for being here IS NOT to cr*p on BB. Those other kinds of which I speak know who they are and I wish they'd just shut up and leave like you suggest...
    ...and that is my whole point. I stay because I respect RIMM and I love CrackBerry.
    Were it not for MsMari (Always 1st ) Chaz, Bla1ze, Adam, Wulf, Chrisy, Trixie, Civic,
    Tonis, CX, Howie, and a long list of others I'd still be in a tech wilderness.

Love RIMM or hate RIMM, does not matter. Here is NOT where you vent your hate.
    Chrisy and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-08-12 11:10 PM
    Awesome read OP!
    Wish I had been here back then, but I got here as fast as I could.. I have learned tons of excellent information about my devices here, and also have past it on to new posters, that come in with questions. I too have met/chatted with some very nice people and consider them friends.

CB is really the BEST place to learn about everything Blackberry and I feel it's even better than the Blackberry site.

Would be great if you came on over to the Playbook forum and show them how it's done! It's overrun with trolls and posters that do nothing but bash and belittle others.
    03-08-12 11:56 PM
    There are a lot of "negative" posts I can abide, especially since occasionally some of them have merit.

I've never understood the mentality of "I USED to love [insert brand here] but now it's a pile of poo and to prove it I'm using [insert OTHER brand here]" though...
    03-09-12 12:02 AM
    If memory served me correctly, did civic lose her mod status cause she was bashing bb?

If my memory is incorrect, please take this as my apology.
    03-09-12 12:08 AM
    If memory served me correctly, did civic lose her mod status cause she was bashing bb?

If my memory is incorrect, please take this as my apology.
    The mods here get awfully itchy when posters talk about mods, former mods... or even other posters. I have no idea exactly why C was removed as a mod but I'm just glad that she's no longer here at all...
    03-09-12 12:19 AM
    For the longest time I was a Blackberry user, I was even a Moderator on this site.
    For my own reasons I have moved on to another platform. The one thing I will NOT do
    is come on this or any other BB-centric site and bash RIMM or the BB platform and I
    seriously encourage those who are currently doing so to just please SHUT UP.

Let the BB fans enjoy their choice. When we were BB users we loved it. Pass on whatever
    knowledge you have acquired. Any derision, save it for another site. Please.
    totally agree.

i dont like coffee, so ya know what, i dont walk into a coffee store and say i dislike it, i jus walk on by. and that applies to pretty much anything in life.
    03-09-12 12:26 AM
    totally agree.

i dont like coffee, so ya know what, i dont walk into a coffee store and say i dislike it, i jus walk on by. and that applies to pretty much anything in life.
    You walk past!! How moronic. What you should do is walk into the coffee store and tell the people having coffee there that they are fools to drink coffee in the first place, and show them tea which has so many apps, sorry I meant merits, and how the entire world should only have tea, even those who don't like it.
    03-09-12 02:06 AM
    Seriously... It's like moving out of your old house, yet still coming get back to tell the neighborhood that you moved and that you're soooo glad you moved. Go meet your new neighbors already, and don't crash the CrackBerry block party unless you're bringing enough beer to get us all drunk enough to tolerate you and your stories of your great new life.
    wendybeee and Spencerdl like this.
    03-09-12 02:56 AM
    Bobcat665: I have several reasons for hanging around although I am no longer a BB user.
    (1) The friends I have made here. (2) The knowledge I gained here. Not just about the BB
    but other platforms. (3) When I was a newb to BlackBerry some of what is considered the
    old guard of CrackBerry helped me along. I owe it to some other newbie to pay that back.
    AG this pride is what is lacking in the new age here. The forum use to be full of helpful threads and threads of discovery and enlightment. Now each thread feels like a court room. Its a crying shame if you ask me.
    Im glad to see you posting again. I havent see a post from you in a while.
    Chrisy and Blacklatino like this.
    03-09-12 03:28 AM
    My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-09-12 04:28 AM
    Also, posters should stop with the "everyone else in my family, or all my friends, are apple/android except me...but I stick with BB because I have simple needs and I don't need the exciting things other platforms offer...please help me" threads...this is like under-the-radar trolling (IMO)
    03-09-12 04:37 AM
    Well AG, as I recall I didn't agree with you much when you were posting here regularly. But this thread made me seriously LOL. Thanks.
    03-09-12 08:27 AM
    Where else would the OP suggest I go to discuss Blackberry, if not on CB? I can pretty much guarantee you, on ANY other forum, people don't even acknowledge BB's. Heck..i'd even say alot of users forget that Blackbery is still around. But because I come here, and am no longer drinking of the Kool-Aid, I should just leave?

I'll tell you what OP. You should know as well as anyone, if they really wanted to make CB a Blackberry Utopia, where only sunshine and lollipops were spread, it would be VERY simple. But we all know that's never going to happen. There's just too much money to be made from all these "haters" that keep this site going.

My question is though, who would want to visit a forum where there is no discussions anyway?
    vrs626 and kevinnugent like this.
    03-09-12 08:47 AM
    Agree totally to the OP. Too often discussion is used as an excuse to feel superior.
    Last edited by guzprom; 03-09-12 at 10:55 PM.
    03-09-12 09:03 AM
    Where else would the OP suggest I go to discuss Blackberry, if not on CB? I can pretty much guarantee you, on ANY other forum, people don't even acknowledge BB's. Heck..i'd even say alot of users forget that Blackbery is still around. But because I come here, and am no longer drinking of the Kool-Aid, I should just leave?

I'll tell you what OP. You should know as well as anyone, if they really wanted to make CB a Blackberry Utopia, where only sunshine and lollipops were spread, it would be VERY simple. But we all know that's never going to happen. There's just too much money to be made from all these "haters" that keep this site going.

My question is though, who would want to visit a forum where there is no discussions anyway?
    Discussions are great. Differing opinions are always welcome. But far too often these discussions are deteriorating to the same old arguments by the same handful of posters beating the same old points to death post after post, thread after thread. As the OP said, if you have something useful to bring to the table, let's hear it and let's discuss it. But if you're just going to throw around jabs and nitpick insignificant minutia simply for the sake of arguing and inciting, as has been happening with increasing regularity, kindly just stop it.

I for one am elated that this thread was started by someone who could not possibly be considered one of the bb sheep.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 03-09-12 at 07:42 PM.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    03-09-12 09:19 AM
    Rick I would love to visit a BB forum with no *HATE discussions. Over in the main forum I'm active at e46fanatics there's none of this an no trolls anywhere to be found. Before Crackberry I though a troll was just someone posting advertisements.
    03-09-12 09:19 AM
    One thing that I think would make a difference is for the bb users to stop inciting a riot by calling users of other platforms isheep, ifail, fandroid, etc. Fanbois are irritating no matter what platform they are using. If you know that there are users of other platforms on the site, why would you want to purposely rile them up? Wouldn't it be better for all of us to have discussions whether we agree or disagree without throwing out insults?

I know that the gist of this site is BB, but that, in my opinion, is no excuse for flame bating another member just because they chose a new platform.
    03-09-12 09:58 AM
    There's a difference between criticism and clear bashing. I enjoy discussing anything about RIM, about BlackBerrys, and related technologies here, whether it's commendation or criticism. But there's no discussion involved with a blind basher who's here simply to derail any true conversation and deter people from using BlackBerry devices. Those are the people that can and should stay away.

Reasonable critics are welcome, blind haters are not.

Thank you, OP.
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 03-09-12 at 11:49 AM.
    03-09-12 11:40 AM
    I originally came here asking for help and then as I gained experience with my blackberry through the likes of others and self-discovery, I became a huge helper on crackberry. I find myself using these forums much more than the other forums I am a part of (ubuntu, whyweprotest) and find this place to be one of the best areas on the internet aside from identi.ca (microblogging), twitter and diaspora.

I am a very kind, respectful and open minded member on here and I respect everybody's choice to use, abuse and enjoy their current platform. I do not, however, and I agree with the OP 100%, like to bash, hate on or troll others on this forum, or pick fights, or start a flame war of any kind. I won't even so much as participate in a flaming thread or even so much as peer into the other subforums (other platforms that is) or post into them, because I wouldn't want to cause a disturbance of any kind.

But when people come here to purposely/deliberately troll, hate, bash, attack and derail member's threads, platforms or them personally, I take action by using the report button. I don't like seeing this happen to our beloved forums or members. When it comes to enough is enough, that point is made.

I wish the people who did jump ship, would just leave peacefully, or use their respected subforums. I don't like to participate or take part in fights. Sorry for the long reply, but I'm being completely sincere and honest.
    03-09-12 12:55 PM
    Ppl say a lot of things that they would never say in a real life face to face conversation. Then there are a lot of ppl who spend lots of time hanging out in forums and try to heat up discussions. They are not fanboys, they don't hate anyone, they don't get payed to do that. It's just fun for them to throw in very provocative statements (Sometimes it's also good to shake up everyone away one the direction and see the whole thing more objectively). All they want is to see how ppl heat up and react to that and look down the discussion and it gives them a "good" feeling to be something better than everyone else.

It's the internet, it's open. You can't stop ppl like that. Stay objective, be rational, open minded, take time to think before you respond to something and only respond to something that is worth it.
    03-09-12 01:24 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD