My media card is acting all screwy with my music sync and all. I think I just need to format it and start fresh. I have a Mac and want to use the Disc Utility program to start fresh and then re-add all my media to the card. How do I do it and what settings do I choose for best compatibility. Also, I want to make sure I don't lose contacts and other stuff although I don't think they're on my media card so it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks!
    - Drew
    02-13-11 11:37 AM
    No need to do it from the mac, just go to options, then storage, then menu button, and format the memory card, then wait for a few seconds till u get the confirmation message
    02-13-11 12:07 PM
    ML is right do it from the phone but backup, backup!!
    02-13-11 12:11 PM
    Drew - contacts and all that aren't on your media card.
    ML is right that you can format it from the options, but if you don't back it up (like andyahs said) you'll lose all your music and pics.
    I don't know much about macs though so I can't tell you how to backup your card. On windows you just plug it in and drag/drop.
    02-13-11 01:19 PM
    Drew - contacts and all that aren't on your media card.
    ML is right that you can format it from the options, but if you don't back it up (like andyahs said) you'll lose all your music and pics.
    I don't know much about macs though so I can't tell you how to backup your card. On windows you just plug it in and drag/drop.

Same on Macs. Create a backup folder on the desktop, drag drop the contents of the SD card. Format on the phone. Then simply drag/drop into the folders the phone created.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 01:39 PM
    Thx skwij - I don't know jack about macs, I'll start learning once I get a new laptop and hackintosh my netbook

OP, also, if you're having problems, go through and delete all the bbthumbs files - those can get corrupted and mess your card up.
    02-13-11 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD