I've got a Blackberry Tour on Verizon Wireless and have been plagued with a Bluetooth driver corruption issue as of late.

A member here helped me download and use a Blackberry utility which enabled me to install an alternate Bluetooth driver which worked for most devices (and restored crystal clear sound integrity) but failed to connect to my car stereo (which is very important to me).

Fast forward to this week: now the alternate Bluetooth driver seems to have become corrupted as sound quality has once again turned to crap.

So now I'm back to square-1 and am thinking that if there's a way to completely format this Tour and install a fresh image, I'll then be able to proceed with upgrades and the re-installation of my apps, etc..

Can anyone point me in the right direction on my proposed course of action or even simply tell me if this is possible?
    Thanks.
    10-05-10 09:42 AM
    In practice, every time Applications Loader instals a new OS package, it is a full memory wipe and rebuild.

Your best bet would be the latest OS revision for your Tour. That will increase the chances the Bluetooth issues have been resolved.
    10-05-10 09:49 AM
    In practice, every time Applications Loader instals a new OS package, it is a full memory wipe and rebuild.

Your best bet would be the latest OS revision for your Tour. That will increase the chances the Bluetooth issues have been resolved.
    This is what I was thinking.
    Question is how does one go about making this happen?
    Loading the Bluetooth driver via the BB MCP app was simple enough, but how do I re-load/overwrite the entire OS.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 11:34 AM
    The procedure is simple, once you have the correct software installed and prepared.

The first component is BlackBerry Desktop Manager with Applications Loader. That comes on the carrier support CD or you can download it directly from RIM support.

Second. download and install the latest, carrier approved, OS software for your Tour. Get the software directly from RIM and install it on the same PC computer.

Navigate to C:\Program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file Vendor.xml.

Connect your BlackBerry, open Applications Loader and it should compare the verison you have just installed with the version currently on your Tour. You will be prompted to Upgrade or Downgrade.

The first step "should" be a backup, but it is good insurance to have a current backup before you start.

The second step wipes the memory and reloads Sun Java VM for total re-build.

Final step restores your personal data and settings.
    10-05-10 01:05 PM
    Awesome!

Thanks Reed.
    10-05-10 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD