WE are dedicated BlackBerry users and we want to be treated like "the customer is always right". We demand that Skype and Google Voice is to be unblocked on all BlackBerry devices. If this demand is not met, I(we) will be switching to another smartphone other than BlackBerry.
    12-22-11 11:09 AM
    Who's "we"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-11 11:12 AM
    Not really RIM's fault. Skype (which is now owned by Microsoft) made a deal with VZW.
    12-22-11 11:13 AM
    The correct pronoun would be "I". Also, this is just a forum post, and not even on RIM's forum. Not exactly formal. Hope the venting helped, tho...
    12-22-11 11:17 AM
    If the phone is not working to your liking then move on to one that does. There just Phone after all...
    12-22-11 11:24 AM
    - deleted - Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by PeterRei; 12-22-11 at 03:06 PM.
    12-22-11 11:25 AM
    Demand in one hand and ____ in the other and see which one fills up first.
    12-22-11 11:29 AM
    I use Google Voice on my BlackBerry. It's not as good good as on Android though. Skype video is also on Android VZW devices. Might want to check those out! Works well.
    12-22-11 11:30 AM
    I use Google Voice on my BlackBerry. It's not as good good as on Android though. Skype video is also on Android VZW devices. Might want to check those out! Works well.
    I tried Google Voice. It has been disabled drom my phone. I was told by a rep that it was blocked by RIM.
    12-22-11 12:04 PM
    It's not blocked by RIM. I use my Google Voice number to get calls forwarded to my BlackBerry. I get GV transcribed voicemail fine. And I use Google Voice SMS on my BlackBerry.

Not sure why it's not working for you.

As far as Skype, since there's no front facing camera on any BlackBerry I think Skype on a BlackBerry is useless right now.

I think VZW has Skype voice loaded on BlackBerry phones. Never tried to use it. I liked Skype video on my Android though.
    12-22-11 12:26 PM
    Not really RIM's fault. Skype (which is now owned by Microsoft) made a deal with VZW.
    Yeah not really Rims fault.
    btw not with you sorry never used either of those services
    and not interested in future use.
    12-22-11 12:32 PM
    WE are dedicated BlackBerry users and we want to be treated like "the customer is always right". We demand that Skype and Google Voice is to be unblocked on all BlackBerry devices. If this demand is not met, I(we) will be switching to another smartphone other than BlackBerry.
    I too am a dedicated Blackberry user and I expect to be treated, revered and feared as a God that allows your lowly operations to exist.

I demand that blackberries be allowed to run every OS and piece of software on the market.

I demand they forevermore be called, ricecakes. Just because. DON'T QUESTION YOUR GOD!!!

And I demand a marshmallows in my hot coco-moo for the next 3 months.

If these demands are not met, I will do absolutely nothing and continue to be forever alone.

That is all....

Seriously, someone needs to stop drinking the narcissistic Kool-aid.
    mccs, Barljo, Thunderbuck and 2 others like this.
    12-22-11 12:34 PM
    Just downloaded Skype. Haven't tried it but I'm sure it works fine. So I guess it's not RIMs doing but your carrier.

12-22-11 12:35 PM
    Just downloaded Skype. Haven't tried it but I'm sure it works fine. So I guess it's not RIMs doing but your carrier.

Click to view quoted image
    Isn't this just voice though? I saw the DL link but I didn't bother, I only know of one bud that uses Skype and he's **** ugly so I am OK with just texting w/him.
    houshinto#IM and Thachoc1 like this.
    12-22-11 12:40 PM
    Uh, RIM doesn't own Skype or Google Voice, so I doubt your formal demand means much to RIM. There is a Skype for BlackBerry app, but it's restricted to VZW because that's who Skype made a deal with. My guess is that the other carriers didn't take Skype up on the offer because it would take away from their own voice services. As for Google Voice, Google just axed their other BB apps, so I doubt you're going to see a Google Voice for BlackBerry app any time soon. Try sending your demands to Skype and Google.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-22-11 01:23 PM
    hows that working out for ya cupcake?
    12-22-11 02:04 PM
    As for Google Voice, Google just axed their other BB apps, so I doubt you're going to see a Google Voice for BlackBerry app any time soon..
    Google Voice app has been available for a long time. Just go to m.google.com and click on Voice.
    12-22-11 02:24 PM
    WTF!!! They must be French wee wee!!!
    12-22-11 02:43 PM
    It's not blocked by RIM. I use my Google Voice number to get calls forwarded to my BlackBerry. I get GV transcribed voicemail fine. And I use Google Voice SMS on my BlackBerry.

Not sure why it's not working for you.

As far as Skype, since there's no front facing camera on any BlackBerry I think Skype on a BlackBerry is useless right now.

I think VZW has Skype voice loaded on BlackBerry phones. Never tried to use it. I liked Skype video on my Android though.
    You don't need a facing camera on Skype...
    12-22-11 07:00 PM
    You don't need a facing camera on Skype...
    Yes, Skype is much more than just video-chat, but it didn't start out that way. Features and refinements were added over time, which is something that threatening "I'm gonna take MY ball and go home" won't accelerate.

Besides, there's a dozen different angles and ramifications and licensing/legal issues that aren't being addressed. Sometimes there are issues that outweigh "I want!"...
    12-22-11 07:17 PM
    I don't buy a phone without researching and making sure it has the features I want. If not I don't buy it.
    That being said I just bought a 9790, it does what I want and I love it.
    12-22-11 07:36 PM
    There's other voip apps. Most ppl use Skype for video.
    12-23-11 06:04 AM
    1) I use Google Voice everyday without a problem

2) I don't use Skype so that's a non issue for me

3) The only reason I would ever drop BlackBerry for another device would be if RIM went out of business and since I don't expect that to happen this to is a non issue for me.
    12-23-11 06:15 AM
    If RIM or Google did block Google products on a BlackBerry , I'd go back to Android.

I'm hoping the BB10 phones will have front facing cameras.
    12-23-11 06:31 AM
    WE are dedicated BlackBerry users and we want to be treated like "the customer is always right".
    Ah...however the "customer is always right" is the biggest fallacy and has created a group of self entitled people who use it as an excuse to bully, abuse, and make unrealistic demands of anyone who works in a service industry. 99% of the time the customer is in fact wrong.

Do you know I've actually had people demand credits applied to their account for time their service hasn't worked - because they didn't pay their bill for months and were suspended? And I'm not talking one or two people who've done this here.

The worst thing that ever happened in the service industry was the "customer is always right".

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-23-11 06:38 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD