I'm a BlackBerry device User,Advocate ,Lover.

Basically, for what I need and utilize, I've shopped around and BlackBerry Devices and BlackBerry10 OS is for me.

And I've been looking and listening to the new direction at BlackBerry and there's a couple of things I'm observing.

One, the powers that be are going in another direction.

Secondly, Jon Chen was brought in to make money (to Quote Malcolm X: "by any means necessary") .

And it's becoming clearer that the historical BlackBerry Device (and dare I to be bold to say) the historical Individual Users aren't at the top of the Vision Statement.

So, what happens to the Forgotten BlackBerry Soldiers? Will BlackBerry continue to make devices for us?

Posted via CB10
    John Villareal and BerrySoul like this.
    07-16-15 10:08 AM
    No one knows. What is known is that that is the first time this question has been asked on this forum.
    07-16-15 10:11 AM
    What happens to all the other forgotten soldiers? Those Nokia users? Those Palm users? Things change. Life change. It is all part of the circle of life.
    07-16-15 10:14 AM
    Old soldiers never die they just fade away...
    07-16-15 10:23 AM
    If not for Chen, I'd be stuck using android now already. Maybe I'll get to use a BlackBerry android or maybe BlackBerry will still fail. As BlackBerry shareholder, things definitely better now than when Chen took over. BlackBerry at least, has some hope for a future. Either way, you can always enlist to be a REAL soldier or there will always be Call of Duty to play soldier. LOL

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 10:41 AM
    I guess I don't quite understand the parallel between soldiers and consumers. Consumers simply 'consume' another product, which is already happening. I am sure that if BB10 becomes obsolete you'll find another product you'll enjoy...hopefully.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-16-15 10:45 AM
    GM, Apple, Sybase, the US economy. Another list, but these are entities that were in trouble and fought back to recovery.

Not everything that fades away is because it's time.

Look how many Android users take the time to comment on this forum when there are some many Android device manufactures and forums to promote the attributes of that OS.

But they take so much time to be concerned if BlackBerry survives and if they'll perhap produce an Android device.

I show concern here on this forum hoping others that desire BlackBerry's and BlackBerry 10 OS to continue and prosper, will show their support also.

Not hatin' on Android, but "Supporting BlackBerry" and their devices running BlackBerry 10.

And if your not feeling that ,cool. Live and let live. You do you and I'll do me.

But for real, no disrespect intended, I just have to make an effort to support what I believe in, which happens to be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 07-16-15 at 02:13 PM.
    07-16-15 12:08 PM
    BlackBerry is too good to fade away.

  
    07-16-15 12:42 PM
    The employees have their jobs at stake. The shareholders have their money at risk on the success of the company. The developers have weeks and months of time and effort learning and creating apps for the platform. Even the carriers have to buy the devices, stock the shelves with inventory and demo units, and run the ads.

The users have the least at stake. You've demonstrated your "commitment" to the platform by buying some smartphones and a few apps. If it doesn't work out you buy a different one next time. One trip to the store and you're out. Everyone else is supposed to honor that?
    07-16-15 12:49 PM
    GM, Apple, Sybase, the US economy. Another list, but these are entities that were in trouble and fought back to recovery.

Not everything that fades away is because it's time.

Look how many Android users take the time to comment on this forum when there are some many Android device manufactures and forums to promote the attributes of that OS.

But they take so much time to be concerned if BlackBerry survives and if they perhaps produce an Android device.

I show concern here on this forum hoping others that desire BlackBerry's and BlackBerry 10 OS to continue and prosper, will show their support also.

Not hatin' on Android, but "Supporting BlackBerry" and their devices running BlackBerry 10.

And if your not feeling that ,cool. Live and let live. You do you and I'll do me.

But for real, no disrespect intended, I just have to make an effort to support what I believe in, which happens to be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Many Android and even Apple Consumers were RIM BlackBerry Consumers years ago.......many starting right here on CrackBerry. Others- never. As stated, your original question has been asked many, many times over the last 3 - 4 years about BlackBerry.....nothing about it's consumers. Especially during the employee layoffs and when selling BlackBerry was an option. One thing for sure, BlackBerry will never be the same.....again.....and I've owned "at least" 12 BlackBerries for Personal/ Small Business, and not including 5 more for work. Check out the link in my sig "Loss of an Empire". Gives a decent account of what has happened up to the launch of BB10. IMHO.
    07-16-15 01:04 PM
    Nokia and Palm were both very good companies that made great products. I never thought there would be a day I would no longer have a Nokia phone and Palm device in my hand. Then other companies, including BlackBerry, came in and changed the game. Now BlackBerry is going through the same thing Nokia and Palm did. Only time will tell if it survives. I hope it does. I can't imagine a day I will no longer have a BlackBerry in my hand

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-16-15 01:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    The "Popular at Crackberry " forums are no longer a great place for BB10 fans at least that's how it appears to me. Time to move on I'd say. Your better off in a device specific area or another site like Berryflow etc...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 01:53 PM
    I don't think forums have come anti BB10. It becomes frustrating to want a company to succeed and people wishing the company will continue to follow the same failing strategy that for them here in the first place. Asking someone, do you want choice A or choice B and that person continues to argue for choice C. I love BlackBerry and I like BB10, however I'm realistic that BlackBerry isn't a nonprofit organization.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 05:35 PM

But they take so much time to be concerned if BlackBerry survives and if they'll perhap produce an Android device.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing wrong with being supportive at all. A lot of the members that are posting from other devices were also BlackBerry owners as well. Some stay while others get frustrated on move on and I can't blame anyone for making a decision to move forward. Right now, no new Leaked OS, no FT device- yet. So most are on limbo.......waiting for something positive to happen. Time will reveal all.

from my Sexy Z30; 10.3.2.2339 OS.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-05-15 at 03:33 PM.
    08-05-15 01:14 PM
    The "Popular at Crackberry " forums are no longer a great place for BB10 fans at least that's how it appears to me. Time to move on I'd say. Your better off in a device specific area or another site like Berryflow etc...

Posted via CB10
    I first came to CrackBerry eight years ago.... even back then their were arguments going on, many were very technical in nature about the limitations of JAVA and the need for BlackBerry to switch their OS ( I just listened, as these were beyond me). But that was hearsay to many here, things got personal several times.

It's an open forum....
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-05-15 01:38 PM
    Nothing wrong with being supportive at all. A lot of the members that are posting from other devices were also BlackBerry owners as well. Some stay while others get frustrated on move on and I can't blame anyone for making a decision to move forward. Right now, no new Leaked OS, no FT device- yet. So most are on limbo.......waiting for something positive to happen. Time will reveal all.

from my Sexy Z30; 10.3.2.2339 OS.
    I feel the same with the "limbo" statement. If I had more self discipline I'd not browse the blackberry forums for at least a month. If you come on here a lot it makes the situation much worse for yourself.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ιт > 
    08-05-15 01:51 PM
    I first came to CrackBerry eight years ago.... even back then their were arguments going on, many were very technical in nature about the limitations of JAVA and the need for BlackBerry to switch their OS ( I just listened, as these were beyond me). But that was hearsay to many here, things got personal several times.

It's an open forum....
    Yeah. I was here as well. Fondly remember other BlackBerry Owners turning on those with older models- just because.... or some members teasing others by posting about the latest beta OS after being sworn to secrecy and told not to share. So nothing new here. SOS- just different members on other platforms.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-05-15 03:38 PM
    I feel the same with the "limbo" statement. If I had more self discipline I'd not browse the blackberry forums for at least a month. If you come on here a lot it makes the situation much worse for yourself.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ιт > 
    I tried... even had my old account closed and locked myself out. But I still came back after a month.
    Tatwi likes this.
    08-05-15 03:54 PM
    I tried... even had my old account closed and locked myself out. But I still came back after a month.
    I come and go. This place can be a toxic ****hole as much as any other online forum. Have to take the good with the bad I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 07:57 PM
    I left this forum for a good 3 or 4 months...deleted the CB10 app and everything. I was using the CB channel for BlackBerry news but I'm back temporarily to solve some issues with my Q10 while I catch up on some topics. This community can get annoying and I'm speaking for myself also.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 08:21 PM