Many years ago, my company dropped the BlackBerry for the iPhone, which for me quickly became a huge iDon't, leading into iDissappointment.

Don't get me wrong, in my 'personal' world, I am an avid Apple fan, everything in the Apple Ecosystem. Prior to my forced Apple conversion, I was a various Android device user. After the Note2 fiasco, I dove into Apple in my personal world and swore off Android.

Through the years, I have pined to have my Bold back. Eventually, a $5 app came along and filled the large hole in my work life that was my former BlackBerry. Just like all things that are great, it came to a fast and abrupt end when I upgraded to the iPhone X.

The app that I had came to rely on for years of notifications was no more. The developer had stopped supporting it and removed it from the store. I sat in my car and cried, my work life had just become much more difficult AND prone to missed notifications.

To his great credit, my coworker and best friend begrudgingly wiped his blackberry dtek60 and loaned it to me for a month. After a few days of setup and then a horrible 24-hour shift, I realized that the device was more BlackBerry than Android. I had my shiny new KEYone shipped to me while we were on vacation.

I named it Bender, because his phrase "I'm back, baby" came to mind the moment my thumbs caressed the keyboard.
    rarsen, Sigewif and andy957 like this.
    12-13-17 12:51 PM
    So..... so long iphone X?
    12-13-17 06:16 PM
    No, I love my iDevices for a very different reason. I do love being able to completely separate from my job with just a power button.

I came back from vacation and immediately worked 15, 5, 13, 7 hours. I left work at 11:30 today. When I finally got home I laid down for a nap to complete silence. Perhaps if others in my life used an android device I would switch my personal life to a new profile on Bender.
    12-14-17 08:31 PM
    No, I love my iDevices for a very different reason. I do love being able to completely separate from my job with just a power button.

I came back from vacation and immediately worked 15, 5, 13, 7 hours. I left work at 11:30 today. When I finally got home I laid down for a nap to complete silence. Perhaps if others in my life used an android device I would switch my personal life to a new profile on Bender.
    Why does it matter if other use iPhones in your life. Yes I get it imessage and facetime but those people likely use other apps like whatsapp which is an alternative to both. And many other apps that can be as well.
    12-14-17 09:03 PM
    Gold old BB Noc delivering emails faster than gmail!
    12-16-17 01:43 PM